Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
So if I’m doing the math right, executive membership gives you 2% back on all costco purchases. Then, Costco credit card is 4% on due. This is then 6% on gas every time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just closed a United travel card since I dont fly enought to justify the annual fee.

Thinkin' bout that Costco Gas card. (and thos dogs)

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

AmbientParadox posted:

So if I’m doing the math right, executive membership gives you 2% back on all costco purchases. Then, Costco credit card is 4% on due. This is then 6% on gas every time?

No, gas is one of the very few things that is excluded from the 2% back with executive membership. I think tobacco is excluded from it as well but I don't think many Costco's sell cigarettes anymore.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone tried the Kirkland knockoff Nutella? My coworker swears it's better than the original and is less sugary but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

it's good

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Also the og nutella got the ol' scrimping on ingredients treatment cuz chocolate prices went up

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Are Costco gas stations only open when the 'Co is open? Or can I fill up any time?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ours has hours earlier and longer than the store, but not 24/7

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Hambulance posted:

Are Costco gas stations only open when the 'Co is open? Or can I fill up any time?

The gas stations are manned so they aren’t open 24/7. Mine is open from 8am to 9pm or something like that.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
You know, it'd be cool if there was a hot dawg cart next to the pumps so while you wait you can order a DAWG from an attendant and get your grub on while ya wait for some gas.

Get gas for yourself then for your car.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
They are testing a LED sign board system at the San Diego Costco showing which pumps are open ahead so you dont have to worry about not seeing an open pump. Works well and speeds things up a bit.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Chinatown posted:

They are testing a LED sign board system at the San Diego Costco showing which pumps are open ahead so you dont have to worry about not seeing an open pump. Works well and speeds things up a bit.

Mission Valley? Because not even an LED sign could fix the shitshow or Morena Blvd

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AmbientParadox posted:

Mission Valley? Because not even an LED sign could fix the shitshow or Morena Blvd

Morena. Yeah Morena is a shitshow because they shoehorned that gas station into that corner after the fact and its just too small.

Mission Valley is the loving absolute worst since it spills onto the street and its pretty much completely comprised of Uber/Lyft drivers during the day.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

You know, it'd be cool if there was a hot dawg cart next to the pumps so while you wait you can order a DAWG from an attendant and get your grub on while ya wait for some gas.

Get gas for yourself then for your car.

How would they handle the one refill?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

AmbientParadox posted:

Have you been to the one on Market? It is the worst designed gas station line I've ever seen.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Also FWIW the Temecula Costco Gas is apparently the largest and busiest in the country. They also sell diesel!!!

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

The Hambulance posted:

To add on to what other's have said, the website and app should both show exact gas station hours. Mine are open:
Mon-Fri. 6:00am - 9:30pm
Sat. 7:00am - 7:00pm
Sun. 7:00am - 7:00pm

Chinatown posted:

They've added those to some of the new or recently refreshed locations in the PNW. It's a good idea, but a lot of people completely don't see them so you either have to wait for a spot to clear right in front of them or go around them and risk their wrath. Also, the LEDs they chose are the perfect colors to make the color difference almost imperceptible to the relatively large amount of people with red-green color blindness issues. I think there's an animation or icon difference, so I can figure it out, but I really have to pay attention.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schadenboner posted:

How would they handle the one refill?

Separate soda dispenser hose next to gas pump. Both will look the same.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Also a hose with the hot dog filling.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

priznat posted:

Also a hose with the hot dog filling.

Mustard?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BeastOfExmoor posted:

To add on to what other's have said, the website and app should both show exact gas station hours. Mine are open:
Mon-Fri. 6:00am - 9:30pm
Sat. 7:00am - 7:00pm
Sun. 7:00am - 7:00pm

They've added those to some of the new or recently refreshed locations in the PNW. It's a good idea, but a lot of people completely don't see them so you either have to wait for a spot to clear right in front of them or go around them and risk their wrath. Also, the LEDs they chose are the perfect colors to make the color difference almost imperceptible to the relatively large amount of people with red-green color blindness issues. I think there's an animation or icon difference, so I can figure it out, but I really have to pay attention.

Mine has those and the open ones flash while the occupied ones are solid.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No like the meat filling in the hot dog casing. Just hook it up and inject into mouth until it starts coming out ur nose

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

priznat posted:

No like the meat filling in the hot dog casing. Just hook it up and inject into mouth until it starts coming out ur nose

Nose if you're lucky

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
went to the church today, finally saw the Bitching Sauce that everyone was talking about (was in the chilled section near cheeses and deli meats and stuff) and got it. It's pretty decent but not mindblowing as I had hoped. I think i need to figure out some stuff that goes well with it. just dipped tortilla chips in it so far. it kinda has a little bit of a weird background taste but the chipotle is nice. I'll eat some more of it over the next few weeks but idk if i'll get it again.

they had a 36-pack of variety macarons with a bunch of eifel tower and MADE IN FRANCE poo poo plastered all over it, i figured it was a bad idea but it was on sale and i love macarons so i figured why the hell not. Ended up being they aren't very good, i mean they're fine just the filling in the middle is pretty lacking and kinda dont' have much taste to them. wouldn't recommend

got the usual though, costco paper towels, sparkling water, la crox (the good variety pack with limon cherry and watermellon strawberry and poo poo), some deli meats, cheeses, eat. they had a aluminum tray of uncooked bulgogi beef so i got that and will make it this weekend. Also got this "Fusion Jerky" Cracked Pepper jerky which is not bad but it's really soft and a bit too sweet--wouldn't get it again and i think there's much better jerky but if you like really soft jerky, try it.

also i went at like 9:45 and was feeling pretty nausea and not having eaten anything, i got a pepperoni slice for breakfast-lunch. it was actually pretty good this time and would get it again if they were always like that. Usually I feel their pizzas end up just being way too soggy of a greasymess but the crust actual had some structure to it this time, pepperoni was nice and crispy, and cheese just didn't all slog off in a greasy cesspool but was well melted still. kinda a shame their pizza ends up being so hit or miss sometimes.

overall a mixed bag but successful trip

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 13, 2019

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I just topped off tonight. Saved a whopping ten cents per gallon.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I went a few nights ago and got two of the winix air purifiers, on sale for $99 each. They have some kind of automatic air quality sensor that handles the settings. I farted in front of it and it kicked into high gear so I guess it works pretty well.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SirPablo posted:

I just topped off tonight. Saved a whopping ten cents per gallon.

I only saved around 8 cents on this latest fill up but Atlanta is going buck wild with gas prices lately. PBUC as always!!!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

its saturday. time to go get communion.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

went to the church today, finally saw the Bitching Sauce that everyone was talking about (was in the chilled section near cheeses and deli meats and stuff) and got it. It's pretty decent but not mindblowing as I had hoped. I think i need to figure out some stuff that goes well with it. just dipped tortilla chips in it so far. it kinda has a little bit of a weird background taste but the chipotle is nice. I'll eat some more of it over the next few weeks but idk if i'll get it again.

they had a 36-pack of variety macarons with a bunch of eifel tower and MADE IN FRANCE poo poo plastered all over it, i figured it was a bad idea but it was on sale and i love macarons so i figured why the hell not. Ended up being they aren't very good, i mean they're fine just the filling in the middle is pretty lacking and kinda dont' have much taste to them. wouldn't recommend

got the usual though, costco paper towels, sparkling water, la crox (the good variety pack with limon cherry and watermellon strawberry and poo poo), some deli meats, cheeses, eat. they had a aluminum tray of uncooked bulgogi beef so i got that and will make it this weekend. Also got this "Fusion Jerky" Cracked Pepper jerky which is not bad but it's really soft and a bit too sweet--wouldn't get it again and i think there's much better jerky but if you like really soft jerky, try it.

also i went at like 9:45 and was feeling pretty nausea and not having eaten anything, i got a pepperoni slice for breakfast-lunch. it was actually pretty good this time and would get it again if they were always like that. Usually I feel their pizzas end up just being way too soggy of a greasymess but the crust actual had some structure to it this time, pepperoni was nice and crispy, and cheese just didn't all slog off in a greasy cesspool but was well melted still. kinda a shame their pizza ends up being so hit or miss sometimes.

overall a mixed bag but successful trip
Dip dat broccoli in there

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

quote:

I'm not too picky on the toppings, so unless there's a rush I just order the type that's not on the heating rack to get a slice fresh out of then oven. Or call ahead for a full pizza.

Cheese is the best, by the way. It's no lower on calorie counts than the others, so they are throwing more on there.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Chinatown posted:

Morena. Yeah Morena is a shitshow because they shoehorned that gas station into that corner after the fact and its just too small.

Mission Valley is the loving absolute worst since it spills onto the street and its pretty much completely comprised of Uber/Lyft drivers during the day.

I’ve just reached the Carmel Valley Costco and it’s like a city. The tire center is it’s own separate building!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just ate half the bag of the Mediterranean chopped salad for lunch. It was very good and filling.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'm not too picky on the toppings, so unless there's a rush I just order the type that's not on the heating rack to get a slice fresh out of then oven. Or call ahead for a full pizza.

Cheese is the best, by the way. It's no lower on calorie counts than the others, so they are throwing more on there.

no no no no, the cheese slice has more calories. There's a pound and a half of cheese on the cheese pizza

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

gently caress!!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ixo posted:

gently caress!!!!

Oh poo poo!

How much?? I’m definitely buying some.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ixo posted:

gently caress!!!!

Are these good? Where are they on a scale of stale cardboard to fluffy pork clouds

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Utz is typically solid, but I haven’t tried their pork skins before. Do any Costcos have mid tier gas or do they all do the low/high thing? My car takes mid grade so I usually get the premium when stoping by, but I don’t think I’m really getting any savings benefits vs going to a regular place.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Fill your tank halfway with the premium then go get a dog and come back to top it off with regular

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

poisonpill posted:

Fill your tank halfway with the premium then go get a dog and come back to top it off with regular

Does that actually work?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Does that actually work?

Technically yes, higher octane fuel will raise the rating of lower octane. If you're somewhere around 50/50, the octane rating is (in theory) somewhere in the middle as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Does that actually work?
no there’s a special octane agent that actually causes it to subtract so you end up with 92 - 89 = 3 octane

Real talk; gas stations don’t have more than two tanks, so the mid grade is just a mix.