Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I like to imagine one guy with that gear shooting at another guy with a StG 44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Supposedly recovered in Idlib.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I will never get tired of TFR goons doing poo poo like this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Can you imagine getting in a firefight in TYOOL2019 and hearing a Garand PING off in the distance?

The surprise factor alone...

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'd be shocked if there's not some 300 page tome from paladin press that is 100% CQB tactics for weaponizing garand thumb

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MrYenko posted:

Can you imagine getting in a firefight in TYOOL2019 and hearing a Garand PING off in the distance?

The surprise factor alone...

It wouldn't have surprised me. We found a USN LtCMDR retirement gift- a 1911 with gold inlay engraving, with his name and ship. I wanted to hunt him down and give it back, but wasn't allowed.

I also remember yelling excitedly that a bad guy had a FAL, which was way more exciting in that moment than another 10 minutes of a battle.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wait...like you found the 1911 in a weapon cache? That's so loving weird if that's the case.

Also lol at the idea of "HEY GUYS, GUYS, HE HAS A FAL!" in the middle of a firefight.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wait...like you found the 1911 in a weapon cache? That's so loving weird if that's the case.

Also lol at the idea of "HEY GUYS, GUYS, HE HAS A FAL!" in the middle of a firefight.

Taken off an insurgent, actually, if I recall correctly. It mights have been in a cache, but it totally unnerved me for some reason, because I couldn't find a reasonable explanation for how it ended up where it did.

And it was pretty close to what happened. I later got angry when my fat PSG who hid during combat told me there were no FALs in Iraq, using the logic of 'Ive been in the Army longer, so I know more.' I wanted to tell him that I have been lusting for one since age 9.
Even though we all saw an AUG, and later captured a few FALs, there were no FALs in Iraq. Just like chemical weapons.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Maybe it's like that contractor who sold his truck and then he saw it on the news as a technical in Syria? :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOPEpsGJyCs

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 13, 2019

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Who the gently caress is the force recon snack fan here

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
That picture reminds me that I have a set of my dad's tigerstripe uniforms at my mom's place. Should grab those the next time I visit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://m.imgur.com/r/CatastrophicFailure/zU6JQW3

Whoops.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Set your headspace and timing, kids.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
M2s are fun, but I'm glad that when I was signed for one nobody ever shot it. "We don't have anyone qualified to shoot it" worked every time they wanted to take it on field exercises. Same thing worked for the 240s.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
We had multiple guns explode out of battery due to poo poo ammunition loads - every time it would send the cover assembly through the rotor system.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I still can't get over that you don't use the loving QCB version that always headspaces right. God dammit.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Force de Fappe posted:

I still can't get over that you don't use the loving QCB version that always headspaces right. God dammit.

I read this as "CQB" initially and thought, "...a CQB .50? Sign me up!!"

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Deathy McDeath posted:

av/post combo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Deathy McDeath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAdjdHdVQsE

Apparently the M82 is so efficient that it only has about as much recoil as a 12 gauge, so shooting it standing isn't impressive as long as you can hold it steady.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

holocaust bloopers posted:

I believe that was TFR goon The Automator

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAdjdHdVQsE

Apparently the M82 is so efficient that it only has about as much recoil as a 12 gauge, so shooting it standing isn't impressive as long as you can hold it steady.

I’ve never shot an M82, but I have shouldered one. Can confirm that holding that bitch steady in a standing position is not a minor issue.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I have shot an M82 and I can say that goddamn I hardly felt any recoil at all.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Force de Fappe posted:

Because it didn't always exist? And wasn't what we were issued.

Barrett chat- the recoil on it is no worse than any 308 I've ever shot.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, it's that giant rear end muzzle break shooting the gas everywhere but forward that makes it a soft shooter.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

not caring here posted:

Yeah, it's that giant rear end muzzle break shooting the gas everywhere but forward that makes it a soft shooter.

And makes it annoying to everyone around you. When I was at Battlefield Vegas two people rented it (they have it and the minigun on semi-permanent stands in the booths because of their weight and cost while everything else is kept in the armory) and if you weren't standing directly behind the shooter it felt like the thud was inside your brain.

The minigun was comparatively mild. It just makes the whole room vibrate.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I love the sound of an M2.

thudthudthudthudthudthudthud

You can hear it, you know you can.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Someone post the brock Lesnar beef jerky / Barrett video

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Grem posted:

I love the sound of an M2.

thudthudthudthudthudthudthud

You can hear it, you know you can.

I love the thump in your chest when it fires. You can feel it firing.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Force de Fappe posted:

The Army has replaced most if not all M2s with the quick change barrel versions AFAIK. We had them in 2014.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

The Army has replaced most if not all M2s with the quick change barrel versions AFAIK. We had them in 2014.

And no more headspace and timing thank God

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

This sounds like wizardry to me

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I liked H+T.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

No no

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It was just a little tedious, not overly difficult or anything. There were always ways to cheat the TM way for expediency and still maintain safety. It was also like loading a mag to me after being assigned to AntiArmor/Heavy Weapons company.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

It was just a little tedious, not overly difficult or anything. There were always ways to cheat the TM way for expediency and still maintain safety. It was also like loading a mag to me after being assigned to AntiArmor/Heavy Weapons company.

Eh it sucks to fix an M2 in the wind stream because the barrel locking spring is poo poo and the headspace keeps going out. I'm also kinda shocked by this whole "M2 that doesn't require headspace and timing" since as far as I can tell, from working on the program, the HH-60W is going to keep the old version when it comes online. They've gone all in for the M3P.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Eh it sucks to fix an M2 in the wind stream because the barrel locking spring is poo poo and the headspace keeps going out. I'm also kinda shocked by this whole "M2 that doesn't require headspace and timing" since as far as I can tell, from working on the program, the HH-60W is going to keep the old version when it comes online. They've gone all in for the M3P.

Fair enough. I never had to do it on a helo.
Also, that seems like a deadline on the weapon.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

I love the fact that if the grenade pouches actually had frags then his gut would be shoving them into his trachea if he ever went prone

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
If that dude goes prone he's not getting up regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm glad I know how but drat I would rather never deal with it