Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

internet celebrity posted:

I wonder if they changed vending machines at all in BL1 because I'm up to Crazy Earl and I've gotten 5 legendaries from them, including the new gearbox brand launcher.

I feel like the machines in 1 always had weirdly (but enjoyably) favorable pulls, but I can't really remember for sure w/r/t legendaries in particular. Not gonna complain about nabbing a really good infinite ammo revolver on my Mordecai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

John Murdoch posted:

I feel like the machines in 1 always had weirdly (but enjoyably) favorable pulls, but I can't really remember for sure w/r/t legendaries in particular.

They did.

Which BL2 completely nerfed, and TPS brought back closer to BL1 levels.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 12, 2019

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
All of the vending machines I'm encountering in TPS are white commons and the rare blue. What's this tall tale of legendary equipment?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

All of the vending machines I'm encountering in TPS are white commons and the rare blue. What's this tall tale of legendary equipment?

They're much better than in BL2.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Andrigaar posted:

My experience was that they would show up occasionally, but I could never afford them.

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

Risky Bisquick posted:

So Cheat Engine is the software, and you run 'tables/trainers' which are essentially profiles tailored to a specific game. Load the game, run the table (which loads into cheat engine and it should work, ymmv)

There are many check boxes that let you select different things [on/off] whether it be traditional IDDQD or unlimited ammo kind of things, or what have you. Borderlands 2 cheat engine table is very advanced, you can spawn enemies at will, improve evolution to be guaranteed for varkids, you can replace all standard enemy spawns on your current map with chubby versions, you can arbitrarily set targets health to 1 with a hotkey press, whatever. Also loot tables, drop rates, keys, etc,etc,etc. Did I mention it is very advanced?

I can't seem to find the original post about it with the entire feature set parsed out, but it was a community effort where everyone shared their own hacks and they made this gigantic master list. One guy seems to host it now, and has a couple links to download the latest file from.

I had no idea what else you could do with it w/r/t to the advance feature sets, but it was fairly straightforward to remove the requirement for golden keys in sanctuary and improve the loot tables.

If you have trouble finding it, the cheat table is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_f11g1DlLhDYk00c3VJejVjV0U

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
borderlands 3 will have individualized loot between devs, CEO

quote:

Borderlands 3 developers and executives won't have to argue over loot after every firefight, unlike in Borderlands 2, Gearbox Software's art director Scott Kester has announced.

In Borderlands 2, executives had to fight over the spoils: "when sales milestones were reached, you had to share profits with everyone who made the game. But in Borderlands 3, executives will see separate loot, which means they can grab and sort through it at their leisure."

It sounds like the game will be more flexible about who you can play with in co-op, too. Even if you're a much lower level than the CEO you can still make a big impact, and it won't restrict who you can team up with, Kester said in a PlayStation blog post.

"Regardless of your respective experience or career progress, you and your employees can play together online or on the couch, and not only will each of you deal a meaningful amount of damage, the CEO also receives his own discrete loot stream. No more loot ninjas!"

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

If you buy this game you are directly donating to a known paedophile! gently caress Randy Pitchford.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Masher Revolvers and double anarchy SMGs are so much fun why did you take them out of later games dammit.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Arcsquad12 posted:

Masher Revolvers and double anarchy SMGs are so much fun why did you take them out of later games dammit.

They were op

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

And that's a problem because? There's enough bullshit enemies and annoying gameplay features in Borderlands games that I'll take an overpowered weapon that does shotgun level damage with a high rate of fire to even the odds.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I mean it's not like BL2 was without OP weapons.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Doomy posted:

I started a new BL2 as Maya when the HD textures were released, I had forgotten by lvl17 how lovely the drops were so I booted up cheatengine and gibbed to fill my inventory with legendary/purple gear. It got too easy so then spoofed the game to increase the number of enemies for 4 player coop even though I'm soloing. :blastu::hellyeah:

I did this in general just for the additional combat and drops.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
The community balance patch also ups drop rates on pretty much everything.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

The community balance patch also ups drop rates on pretty much everything.

Shame it is busted due to the recent uhd pack. They are working on it or so they say though

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Can you just hex-edit the EXE like I had to do with TPS? It only took a few minutes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/captainkoby_/status/1114406336488443904?s=21

The handsome collection update included a yet unused rainbow rarity

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Shame it is busted due to the recent uhd pack. They are working on it or so they say though

The mod manager is busted. You can still install it manually.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Cease to Hope posted:

The mod manager is busted. You can still install it manually.

Would I need to start a new character if I use it?

I have to admit, I had forgotten how much pure crap (white) guns tend to drop and we are living in a post loot 2.0 world.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Would I need to start a new character if I use it?

In general, no, although backing up your characters is always a good idea.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Arcsquad12 posted:

And that's a problem because? There's enough bullshit enemies and annoying gameplay features in Borderlands games that I'll take an overpowered weapon that does shotgun level damage with a high rate of fire to even the odds.

I don't know exactly why but the maggie masher in BL2 doesn't work as well as mashers in BL. I kept one masher from lvl 20 to 43 in BL and was perfectly fine, the maggie didn't amaze me vs same level enemies unless I used the pre-nerf bee. Maybe the enemy scaling in BL2 was really that messed up, gaige and all-exposive axton shielded me from the worst of it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
My biggest desire is for loot to be more than a coloured line. I have protonopia colour blindness and even with that setting turned on its really hard to differentiate blues and purples or greens and oranges but more importantly is id like it to always have it show what slot it is at any distance rather than having to go through everything to see if that purp is a gun or shield or class mod.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Snapes N Snapes posted:

If you buy this game you are directly donating to a known paedophile! gently caress Randy Pitchford.

On one hand, the money goes to gearbox corporate, and at most like 5 of those 60 bucks are actually going into Randy's bank account.

On the other hand, gently caress Randy Pitchford!

e: Just to make things clear, that is not a sarcastic "gently caress Randy Pitchford". He sucks poo poo and should give 60 bucks to everyone who has ever bought a borderlands game.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Apr 13, 2019

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The initial excitement of seeing Rhys in the trailer has passed and I am expecting him to get possesed by Jack because this series can never be over with Jack.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hot take: Borderlands 2’s writing is worse than 1’s for a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest is that it went from “corporations all use enslaved prisoners to carry out dirty work and will abandon them to long, torturous deaths the second they’re unprofitable” to “actually it’s just this one CEO that’s a dick, kill him and capitalism will be fine again.”

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Pirate Jet posted:

Hot take: Borderlands 2’s writing is worse than 1’s for a lot of reasons, but one of the biggest is that it went from “corporations all use enslaved prisoners to carry out dirty work and will abandon them to long, torturous deaths the second they’re unprofitable” to “actually it’s just this one CEO that’s a dick, kill him and capitalism will be fine again.”

I've never even played BL1, but I've always thought the series consistently played every single corporation as being run by monsters. Like, other Hyperion executives aren't portrayed as being any better than Jack. Even Torgue, who's kind of on your side, runs a deathmatch gladiator pit seemingly just because it's funny.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Torgue is your buddy but he also doesn't run his own company after selling it for 12 dollars and was kept on in the company as the Colonel Sanders of explodey guns.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Lid posted:

My biggest desire is for loot to be more than a coloured line. I have protonopia colour blindness and even with that setting turned on its really hard to differentiate blues and purples or greens and oranges but more importantly is id like it to always have it show what slot it is at any distance rather than having to go through everything to see if that purp is a gun or shield or class mod.

:hfive:

I just want a game that let's me custom select the goddamn colors so I can tell them apart. Grim Dawn does a color cycling method where I can see things better, but apparently fire effects change color to green and other weird poo poo that makes me not want to use the option.

TPS trip report:
Even with the loot mod increasing drops, the game is still pretty dull because of the map design. However in TVHM around when you get to Jack's office (story mission 8), or maybe the mission before it, the game finally hits a rhythm of enemy density and experience that smooths out into a decent experience. We're both L44 Fragtraps, so odds are we'll hit 50, clear out the sub-quests, may or may not bother with the final boss, and uninstall.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

on the other hand, the more i learn about randy pitchford, the villain who is an overbearing dick boss who keeps bothering you with dumb bullshit and jokes that don't land gets funnier and funnier

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
randy bad

still buying game tho

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

randy bad

still buying game tho

Same

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
forgot to mention

gonna buy it on the epic games store :smug:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

forgot to mention

:hellyeah:

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Can games on EGS be added as 3rd party apps on steam?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Clarste posted:

I've never even played BL1, but I've always thought the series consistently played every single corporation as being run by monsters. Like, other Hyperion executives aren't portrayed as being any better than Jack. Even Torgue, who's kind of on your side, runs a deathmatch gladiator pit seemingly just because it's funny.

Torgue runs the deathmatch tournament to unlock the vault beneath the arena, gets a ton of his own employees murdered by vault hunters because he thinks it's badass and then becomes good friends with the vault hunters??

I never played the headhunter dlcs, did anything ever happen with Moxxi and Torgue('s arena)?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

forgot to mention

I hope you have a great time with it :)

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

John Murdoch posted:

I feel like the machines in 1 always had weirdly (but enjoyably) favorable pulls, but I can't really remember for sure w/r/t legendaries in particular. Not gonna complain about nabbing a really good infinite ammo revolver on my Mordecai.

This is just getting ridiculous

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

internet celebrity posted:

Can games on EGS be added as 3rd party apps on steam?

Yes, so you’d be using steam to launch the EGS launcher which is then used to launch BL3. Launcher inception

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

forgot to mention

Whoah whoah whoah hey man you're triggering me! D:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Looking for some advice in my Borderlands 2 game.

I just finished TVHM on my Axton Commando, currently level 51 doing the Pirate DLC. I've already completed Torque's and Tiny Tina's DLC.

It seems like a long way to level 61 before UVHM. I get that I can farm up items, but I'm not sure the difficulty appeals to me. Any other content or quests that people recommend doing to stretch out my enjoyment of the game?

I understand I can farm for more gear (already have a Bee), but I know the gear I farm now will be useless come level 61.

Just unsure what to do next at such limited XP growth.