Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
*sneezes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Bless you

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Vermilion Jarlis, why do you believe that Brodsky is responsible for your missing item?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Poque posted:

Vermilion Jarlis, why do you believe that Brodsky is responsible for your missing item?

is this a real sentence

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Asiina posted:

H...hi, Artemis.

...hello, Chell.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

chief curtaintop, please tell me the whereabouts of indiegogo nocturne's gift to septapus limbermillion

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

chief curtaintop, please tell me the whereabouts of indiegogo nocturne's gift to septapus limbermillion

Please get off this channel.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

if anybody has seen Stingus Jerkdeep, Gondola Jones, Amaretto Groody or Sam Framcisco, please let me know, I have a message from Dogboy Bandersnatch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

curiousCat posted:

...hello, Chell.

how..um...how are you?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

if anybody has seen Stingus Jerkdeep, Gondola Jones, Amaretto Groody or Sam Framcisco, please let me know, I have a message from Dogboy Bandersnatch

Dogboy Bandersnatch, that old cur

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Asiina posted:

how..um...how are you?

Alive.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Oh, well, that's good to hear.

i don't know if..um...well, maybe if we meet we can talk...or not...i guess...okay nevermind...

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

What is it that you want to say to me, Chell?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No, no! It's fine, i don't really have...

i can't, there's nothing i can really...nothing really makes up for...

i'm sorry, i'm glad you're alive.

i'll stop wasting everyone's time with this

sorry, sorry.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh just say it, this one knows you want to and I don't even know what you two are talking about

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
((we have a second person who didn't know there was a thread lmao))

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Where would I need to start if I wanted to investigate links without Books?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Asiina posted:

No, no! It's fine, i don't really have...

i can't, there's nothing i can really...nothing really makes up for...

i'm sorry, i'm glad you're alive.

i'll stop wasting everyone's time with this

sorry, sorry.

Yes, things went...poorly. That happened.

You're still not wasting anyone's time by talking.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

bagshotrow posted:

*sharp communicator feedback*

Andra of Clan Gavo, Junior Agent for the Sa Guild of Traders, Acting Representative of the Riven Gui

Does anyone know how to change your name on here? I didn't know there was a character limit. Seems needlessly prohibitive

Conway of Clan Gavo

A junior agent, you say. The Traders are keeping you busy, then?

And there should be a button on your communicator, the lower left. I keep pressing it by accident.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Conway of Clan Gavo

You would start by inventing them, I think.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Hm, that is quite unfortunate for this one to hear. Do you think you or someone else in your high esteem might implore that Larcenist Brodski to come with you, wherever that may be? This cannot meet you tomorrow as he will be participating at the big show at the Fountain.

Hm. This one is also curious - - Larcenist Brodsky - - if you are there on the Communicators: we must talk. I have good reason to believe you have something that belongs to my people. It's a matter that needs clearing up, so at the very least the sooner we can work things out amicably the better.

If you're not going to go to the Fountain tomorrow and you're not going to talk to me here on the Communicators, Larcenist Brodsky, then I must insist that you go wherever Scholar Xavier or Seeker Kasia are headed tomorrow, unless Sena or Eg are present at Muscle Row too?!

Either way, please let me know, friends. Vermilion out~

Larcenist Brodsky

Heya Verbillium, sorry I'm just now getting in touch, must have had my communicator set to silent. You know how it is. Anyway, I'm super glad we get to talk, because I thought I could use this as an opportunity to share a little bit about Shirnao culture.

See, in Whiterock, we have this custom where, when you accuse someone of stealing, you usually say what it was that was taken from you.

In the past day, I've borrowed two cigarettes, a notebook, a glass of wine, some hair pins, an egg, and some succulents that someone just left laying in a garden. If any of those are yours, I'd be more than happy to return them.

Like I was telling my best friend Scholar Xavier, I'm sure this is just a little misunderstanding that I'm sure we can clear up, I just have to take care of a little business real quick and then I'll meet up with you as soon as I can. Good luck with the puppet show! I'm bummed I'm gonna miss it, but you can tell me all about it.

Over.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

A book of fairy tales, as far as I know. Or you could jump in The Fissure, if you make it to Riven, but that may prove difficult.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Where are you now Komp?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

This is one of the things I am looking into, I'll let you know as soon as I have any more information brother.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

50 pounds of bread posted:

Where are you now Komp?

I'm in the Common District. If your path takes you there, or if someone you trust goes there, that's where you'll find me.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Chell. If you want to speak, then speak. You're inside your own head more than Emi was. Is? Both.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

curiousCat posted:

Chell. If you want to speak, then speak. You're inside your own head more than Emi was. Is? Both.

...maybe if we see each other. i know i have a lot to answer for.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Lasloooow are you out there? Could you get me a meeting with....Lady Choaneen? without the chains this time?

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Kashuno posted:

Lasloooow are you out there? Could you get me a meeting with....Lady Choaneen? without the chains this time?

Laslow Shaw

Hi, uh. I've only spoken to Lady Choaneen a couple of times, I don't think I can do anything to find her.

If I do see her I'll make sure to point her your way!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Somberbrero posted:

Larcenist Brodsky

Heya Verbillium, sorry I'm just now getting in touch, must have had my communicator set to silent. You know how it is. Anyway, I'm super glad we get to talk, because I thought I could use this as an opportunity to share a little bit about Shirnao culture.

See, in Whiterock, we have this custom where, when you accuse someone of stealing, you usually say what it was that was taken from you.

In the past day, I've borrowed two cigarettes, a notebook, a glass of wine, some hair pins, an egg, and some succulents that someone just left laying in a garden. If any of those are yours, I'd be more than happy to return them.

Like I was telling my best friend Scholar Xavier, I'm sure this is just a little misunderstanding that I'm sure we can clear up, I just have to take care of a little business real quick and then I'll meet up with you as soon as I can. Good luck with the puppet show! I'm bummed I'm gonna miss it, but you can tell me all about it.

Over.

Vermilion Jarlis

Ah, excellent - just the person this one was seeking!

Truth be told, Mr. Brodsky, this one hasn't the foggiest idea what particular items or baubles were stolen, he has simply confirmed rumors that a thieving Shirnao was seen causing trouble with my people - the Dwellers of the Lookout - several weeks ago. This one did some asking around, and your name quickly rose to lips of others as a likely candidate for questioning.

So, thank you - Mr. Brodsky - for confirming your presence to this one and contacting him over this Communicator device. Again, you are not in trouble, precisely, but you must understand your name alone arouses suspicion. For the next few weeks I would advise that you keep your... "hands above the table," as it were, especially in the company of friends and allies of the Channelwood people.

Good luck in your affairs, wherever they may take you.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Ah, excellent - just the person this one was seeking!

Truth be told, Mr. Brodsky, this one hasn't the foggiest idea what particular items or baubles were stolen, he has simply confirmed rumors that a thieving Shirnao was seen causing trouble with my people - the Dwellers of the Lookout - several weeks ago. This one did some asking around, and your name quickly rose to lips of others as a likely candidate for questioning.

So, thank you - Mr. Brodsky - for confirming your presence to this one and contacting him over this Communicator device. Again, you are not in trouble, precisely, but you must understand your name alone arouses suspicion. For the next few weeks I would advise that you keep your... "hands above the table," as it were, especially in the company of friends and allies of the Channelwood people.

Good luck in your affairs, wherever they may take you.

If I'm not mistaken, the dwellers are arguing over something each of you have borrowed from the stars. It seems hypocritical for you to be focusing on someone else's borrowing, when you yourself are trying to claim the property of the stars as your own.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is anti-Dweller racism and I won't have it!!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Indigo Jheorge

Excuse me, Larcenist Brodsky I believe it was? I am curious why your name contains the word Larcenist. It seems like the kind of noun I'd tend to.... avoid, when it comes to self-description.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

George Kansas posted:

Indigo Jheorge

Excuse me, Larcenist Brodsky I believe it was? I am curious why your name contains the word Larcenist. It seems like the kind of noun I'd tend to.... avoid, when it comes to self-description.

Hi, person I haven't met! It's me, Brodsky. Can you hear me? I hope you can hear me. If not, let me know. Anyway, I guess the difference between you and I is ultimately our capacity for deception. I like to play it straight, I am what I am. You call me 'Yegg Brodsky' if you want instead, I always liked that word. Yegg yegg yegg. I think I like it because it sounds like 'egg,' which is funny. Over.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

50 pounds of bread posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the dwellers are arguing over something each of you have borrowed from the stars. It seems hypocritical for you to be focusing on someone else's borrowing, when you yourself are trying to claim the property of the stars as your own.

Vermilion Jarlis

Why yes, my Varbani(?) friend, but just because we're all like so many individual leaves branching out from the great trees of the endless forest, it doesn't mean that we can't have nice things like 'expectations of personal property' and 'protections from theft.'

As you say, we may all be "borrowed from the stars," but that's only because - in theory - we eventually return to them. Therefore, this one would like to see the return of the things taken from his people, so these things can truly count as "borrowed." Is that so unfair to ask? This one thinks not.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Hi, person I haven't met! It's me, Brodsky. Can you hear me? I hope you can hear me. If not, let me know. Anyway, I guess the difference between you and I is ultimately our capacity for deception. I like to play it straight, I am what I am. You call me 'Yegg Brodsky' if you want instead, I always liked that word. Yegg yegg yegg. I think I like it because it sounds like 'egg,' which is funny. Over.

Interesting. I shall call you Yegg, because it is pleasing to say. It's nice to meet you, Yegg.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

George Kansas posted:

This is anti-Dweller racism and I won't have it!!!

I'm apologize mr Gungus Kite

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Why yes, my Varbani(?) friend, but just because we're all like so many individual leaves branching out from the great trees of the endless forest, it doesn't mean that we can't have nice things like 'expectations of personal property' and 'protections from theft.'

As you say, we may all be "borrowed from the stars," but that's only because - in theory - we eventually return to them. Therefore, this one would like to see the return of the things taken from his people, so these things can truly count as "borrowed." Is that so unfair to ask? This one thinks not.

Larcenist Brodsky

Hi Vermillions, your pal Brodsky here. Just wanted to say I think you have some pretty enlightened attitudes regarding the concept of personal property. I like your words, because they're like my head-words, but smarter. Over.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Day 3 will begin tomorrow morning - your character sheets should be updated, enjoy! but don't post until it's okay to post nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
9462.6.18 begins.