Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
i liked the backflip

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

thrawn527 posted:

You’re all tripping over yourselves having hot takes about how terrible the teaser was, but I loved it. Allow me to fanboy it up for a bit, if only just to provide a different opinion.

Hot drat, I love the opening scene with Rey. Whether it’s an actual fight or training, it’s visually stunning.
Confirmation that Lando is actually doing something, and not just sitting at Leia’s funeral or something.
Some fantastic narration from (probably) Force Ghost Luke, calling back to the “thousand generations” of Jedi, putting that all on Rey.
Palpatine back in some fashion? I want to know more but I love wondering what the gently caress is going on there.
The title gives me tons of questions, the same way The Last Jedi did, and (to a way lesser extent) the same way The Force Awakens did. I have theories, but there are several possibilities, and that’s great.

It did exactly what a teaser should do. It said, “Here’s a hint of what we’re doing. Get hyped.”

gently caress all y’all. I loved it.

I thought it looked great too, despite my vocal opposition towards Disney slowly becoming a monopoly. I just love the character of Rey too much I guess. Disney's got me there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RLM sucks rear end and I agreed with their PT thing for the most.

They are boring.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I can't have an opinion on this trailer until I see what RLM says

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
RLM is literally unwatchable smugness especially with that incredibly obnoxious laugh that one of them has.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gonz posted:

Finally, The Senate has returned. He was my favorite character!

I'm getting a lot more use out of thing than I thought I'd be when I first cobbled it together

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

BigglesSWE posted:

RLM is literally unwatchable smugness especially with that incredibly obnoxious laugh that one of them has.

Rich's laugh sounds like he wants to die and makes everyone else want to grant his wish

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/actionmoviekid/status/1116774699713744896?s=21

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Who the help is rlm

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They’re famous you tubers. Sort of like pewdiepie but fat, old, and even more alt right

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Darth TNT posted:

Who the help is rlm

They're the guys who did the Plinkett prequel reviews and they're the biggest tastemakers for middlebrow movie nerds

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Rian Johnson should have a cameo in this one just to gently caress with nerds.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Shaocaholica posted:

Rian Johnson should have a cameo in this one just to gently caress with nerds.

His character, looking at his hand dirty with alien milk: "I'm so hosed up."

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

No Mods No Masters posted:

They’re famous you tubers. Sort of like pewdiepie but fat, old, and even more alt right

lol what?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I mean pewdiepie is absolutely alt right but seems pretty far off the mark to call RLM alt right

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
RLM is reserved for lovely nerds with an awful sense of humor and taste in movies who need a duo of similarly awful people telling them how to think and feel. They sucked back with the prequel reviews and they suck now. RLM and Mega64, both unfunny trash for people that collect Funko pops.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

dreffen posted:

I mean pewdiepie is absolutely alt right but seems pretty far off the mark to call RLM alt right

Yea i dont even think they've made even one right wing statement or opinion afaik. Thinking he's trolling.

Unless not liking TLJ makes you alt right

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Shampy posted:

RLM is reserved for lovely nerds with an awful sense of humor and taste in movies who need a duo of similarly awful people telling them how to think and feel. They sucked back with the prequel reviews and they suck now. RLM and Mega64, both unfunny trash for people that collect Funko pops.

Prequel fanboy spotted

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
So is PewDiePie following alt righters and calls for the death of the Jews repeatedly as jokes a lower level than saying Brie Larson's statements were actually right but could have been said better or that in general representation is a good thing but sometimes is deployed cynically or is it a really funny joke involving serious topics, the kind PewDiePie himself tells

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hemingway To Go! posted:

So is PewDiePie following alt righters and calls for the death of the Jews repeatedly as jokes a lower level than saying Brie Larson's statements were actually right but could have been said better or that in general representation is a good thing but sometimes is deployed cynically or is it a really funny joke involving serious topics, the kind PewDiePie himself tells

I don't disagree with your point but Brie's comments were fine and pathetic white men need way thicker skin ffs

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Not liking TLJ def made me alt right.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They're nowhere near as bad as the menagerie of Youtube idiots but boy do they like reminding you that minorities can identify with a white male protagonist just fine and diverse casting is therefore just a marketing gimmick.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:hmmyes:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

YaketySass posted:

They're nowhere near as bad as the menagerie of Youtube idiots but boy do they like reminding you that minorities can identify with a white male protagonist just fine and diverse casting is therefore just a marketing gimmick.

While I think there's plenty of valid points to be made about the crass commercialization of "wokeness/feminism/et al" I have yet to hear criticism from white men on the subject that was any good and you know what maybe it's not really the place of white men to loudly complain about it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The alt right ennoble fascism its kinda a serious thing right now man.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrNutt posted:

I don't disagree with your point but Brie's comments were fine and pathetic white men need way thicker skin ffs

Her comments were a verbal enema of loosely cohesive thoughts and she could have spent a couple minutes writing out something decent. Or pay someone to do it for her. Her point was good, but she sounded like a total moron.

So Star Wars.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Well at least their critism of captain marvel was accurate in that Disney should have probably hired a decent actress instead of someone with negative on screen charisma to carry a franchise

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Because Captain Marvel bombed so hard...?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

precision posted:

Because Captain Marvel bombed so hard...?

Criticism was about her acting not the box office. It was never going to bomb regardless of who they cast, but she does stand out as a mediocre actress against the rest of the cast that on the whole mostly have great on screen presence. Obviously Disney doesnt give a drat because they've made money but as a film it's weaker than it needs to be because of her.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just Chamber posted:

Criticism was about her acting not the box office. It was never going to bomb regardless of who they cast, but she does stand out as a mediocre actress against the rest of the cast that on the whole mostly have great on screen presence. Obviously Disney doesnt give a drat because they've made money but as a film it's weaker than it needs to be because of her.

Larson's been pretty good in everything else I've see her in. I'd blame poor direction and writing for how Carol turned out in Captain Marvel.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

s.i.r.e. posted:

Her comments were a verbal enema of loosely cohesive thoughts and she could have spent a couple minutes writing out something decent. Or pay someone to do it for her. Her point was good, but she sounded like a total moron.

So Star Wars.

No, not really, but thanks for playing.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

here comments were a bit rich white feminist-y but also all the worst people in the world jumped on her for it for the "feminist" part of that rather than the "rich white" part so in conclusion captain marvel is a land of contrasts

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrNutt posted:

No, not really, but thanks for playing.

Actually yes, if you think her "speech" was anything other that terrible you're dumb.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Just Chamber posted:

Well at least their critism of captain marvel was accurate in that Disney should have probably hired a decent actress instead of someone with negative on screen charisma to carry a franchise

Well that, and also that stan lee tribute she posted that made her look vaguely too into her self

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

teagone posted:

Larson's been pretty good in everything else I've see her in. I'd blame poor direction and writing for how Carol turned out in Captain Marvel.

Hopefully, i'll wait and see how she does in Endgame because that's likely going to have much better directing and writing behind it. It'll either allow her to shine or show that she's not quite up there when shes acting alongside the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chadwick Boseman, Chris Hemsworth etc who can really carry a film on their acting alone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Brie Larson is no less dumb than Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, I wonder what makes her a bigger target for nerds... hmmm...

:thunk:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

s.i.r.e. posted:

Actually yes, if you think her "speech" was anything other that terrible you're dumb.

Lmao okay dude if you say so. They weren't any dumber than any other poo poo that Hollywood people blather on about in their speeches but you do you. Keep on loving that Ess Jay Double You chicken.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

precision posted:

Brie Larson is no less dumb than Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, I wonder what makes her a bigger target for nerds... hmmm...

Nerds super hate Tom Cruise, he has just been contained from making weird media statements after Oprah pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

precision posted:

lol comparing her to Tom Cruise who isnt the best actor in the world but has massive on screen presence and charisma, same for Brad Pitt. Yea maybe it was the writing and directing but she was boring in a fairly mediocre film. Plus they arent in any "nerd" franchises otherwise they'd be destroyed online as they cant hold a candle to your Robert Downeys etc.

Obviously there's going to be those out there attacking her because she's a woman in the biggest nerd franchise out there (well second to Star wars i suppose) but criticism of her can exist based purely on a judgement of her performance.

Look to Gal Gadot if you want to see how an actress can really carry a super hero movie.