Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

FitFortDanga posted:

Where did this image come from? I can't find any edition with this cover.

Upcoming Blu from Scream Factory: https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3554155/scream-factory-bringing-awesome-silent-hill-blu-ray-killer-artwork/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

Where did this image come from? I can't find any edition with this cover.

https://twitter.com/Scream_Factory/status/1113532216301080577

No details on extras yet but they say it's a 2 disc set

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Basebf555 posted:

It has it's moments that are good, but it's bloated and boring as hell for long stretches too. It's like 2hrs long and needed to be 20 minutes shorter.

For video game adaptations you could do a lot worse though.

Spot on. It's a good way to kill 90-odd minutes, and bits like the key in the mouth was great. Shame about the rest of the film.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Thanks, it just showed up on Blu-Ray.com too. I have an unreasonable affection for this movie, probably the closest thing to what I would call a "guilty pleasure". The story is confusing (whether you've played the games or not), some of the dialogue is terrible, and the relentless dreariness of it can make it feel really slow. But goddamn does it nail the atmosphere and the art direction. I'll bite on a special edition.

The sequel is pretty much a waste of time, though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Casimir Radon posted:

The Burton movies had camp, but it was dark camp. Then Middle America got scared and I don't know what Schumacher was going for.

I once heard Tim Burton (in his good era) described a "John Waters with a cape and plastic Dracula fangs" and I still think that's spot on. At least as far as Waters' later period goes.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's the best video game movie that's ever been made, and I thought it was pretty loving creepy throughout. The second one was for sure garbage though.

That's funny because this doesn't look like Super Mario Bros.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CPL593H posted:

That's funny because this doesn't look like Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. is weird as hell and fun as a curiosity, but I would in no way call it a good video game movie haha

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Calling it that Super Mario Bros. is Criterion spine #1000

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Though I've never seen it, I'm gonna assume the only worthwhile video game film adaptation is Takashi Miike's version of Yakuza based on the presence of Majima alone.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Though I've never seen it, I'm gonna assume the only worthwhile video game film adaptation is Takashi Miike's version of Yakuza based on the presence of Majima alone.

It’s decent. His Ace Attorney movie is better

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Yakuza games are so derivative of existing Yakuza movies that I don’t know how you even make one.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Super Mario Bros. is weird as hell and fun as a curiosity, but I would in no way call it a good video game movie haha

My favorite piece of trivia is that Bob Hoskins, John Leguizamo, and Dennis Hopped hated making that movie so much that they were loving shitfaced pretty much the whole time. At one point Bob Hoskins broke his hand in the door of one of those police cars. Hoskins said that in his entire career that was his worst experience making a movie and the film from his career he hated the most. I think Dennis Hopper said something similar.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
This might be relevant because it’s physical media. Best website to grab movie posters? I wanna redo my posters and grab some new ones. So yeah, let me know where you go!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

This might be relevant because it’s physical media. Best website to grab movie posters? I wanna redo my posters and grab some new ones. So yeah, let me know where you go!

If you don't care about them being reprints then All Posters is good. There are also a bunch of ebay sellers from Thailand that sell crazy rear end posters for American movies. Stuff like this:

If you just put in "Thailand posters" all kinds of poo poo comes up.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

caligulamprey posted:

His Ace Attorney too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CPL593H posted:

If you don't care about them being reprints then All Posters is good. There are also a bunch of ebay sellers from Thailand that sell crazy rear end posters for American movies. Stuff like this:

If you just put in "Thailand posters" all kinds of poo poo comes up.

This works for most countries. I've got some great German, French, and Italian posters that are far better than their American counterparts.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Batman & Robin*

* not pictured

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Indicator have just announced a limited edition release of Alan Clarke's Scum.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kino just confirmed Lost Highway for June 25

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Egbert Souse posted:

Kino just confirmed Lost Highway for June 25

Yes Kino, very kino.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

To celebrate Ghostbusters 35th anniversary and Ghostbusters II 30th, Sony’s rereleasing the 4k’s in a new steelbook with a bonus disc of new features.

Ghostbusters posted:

GHOSTBUSTERS
Fan Commentary featuring Troy Benjamin and Chris Stewart (Interdimensional Crossrip podcast), Ashley Victoria Robinson (Geek History Lesson podcast) and Sean Bishop (Ghostbusters prop replica expert), moderated by Ghost Corps' Eric Reich
6 Rare & Newly Unearthed Deleted Scenes, including the long-requested Fort Detmerring scenes!
Also includes Raw Takes for the Central Park Bums sequence
1984 ShoWest Exhibitor Reel, featuring Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd pitching an early reel of footage to theatrical exhibitors!
Full Ghostbusters TV Commercial from the film
Ghostbusters TV Commercial Outtakes
"A Moment With the Stars" – Original EPK Featurette
Original Domestic Teaser Trailer
Original Stereo Audio for the Feature (Blu-ray only)
GHOSTBUSTERS II
Commentary featuring Director Ivan Reitman, Star/Co-Writer Dan Aykroyd and Executive Producer Joe Medjuck
"The Oprah Winfrey Show: Cast of Ghostbusters II" – June 1989
Full Ghostbusters II Theatrical EPK
Rare Unfinished Teaser Trailer – featuring the full commercial from the film!
Original Stereo Audio for the Feature (Blu-ray only)
THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS
"The Real Ghostbusters - Pitch Concept Pilot" - A Fan Restoration by Robert Barbieri

It’s pretty good if you already don’t own 10 copies of Ghostbusters.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

That's actually good timing since I've only ever owned the very first Blu-ray.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Wow. I never realized they came out with UHDs of the first two. Guess I’ll grab em in this Steelbook.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

To celebrate Ghostbusters 35th anniversary and Ghostbusters II 30th, Sony’s rereleasing the 4k’s in a new steelbook with a bonus disc of new features.

It’s pretty good if you already don’t own 10 copies of Ghostbusters.

Finally, we get to see the events leading up to Ray getting a ghost blowjob!

In other news Shout Factory has a bunch of Corman related stuff on sale:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/collection/cult-classics

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

All I want in life is for Hard Eight and The Ladykillers (Coen bros version) to be available on Blu-Ray, why has god forsaken me :negative:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

All I want in life is for Hard Eight and The Ladykillers (Coen bros version) to be available on Blu-Ray, why has god forsaken me :negative:

Didn’t think I ever heard of Hard Eight and in looking it up I see I’ve missed a PT Anderson film. The good news is that the Wiki links an article from last November where PT says a Blu-Ray is happening. Now where’s my 4K Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love, and There Will Be Blood, PT!?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cohen Film is finally releasing the 4K restorations of Buster Keaton's The General and Steamboat Bill Jr on May 14 as a double feature.

Only downside is that it's really slim on features compared to the Kino and MoC editions.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

Didn’t think I ever heard of Hard Eight and in looking it up I see I’ve missed a PT Anderson film. The good news is that the Wiki links an article from last November where PT says a Blu-Ray is happening. Now where’s my 4K Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love, and There Will Be Blood, PT!?

Hard Eight is really good, definitely worth tracking down for any PT Anderson fan. But yea, it seems odd at this point that we don't have more of his stuff on UHD. I'd beat someone to death with a bowling pin for a 4k release of There Will Be Blood.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kino Lorber Studio Classics April Sale just went live:
https://www.klstudioclassics.com/li...4tITEJyJNpqiEwQ

(FYI, hold off on the Leones since they're tentatively doing a UHD box set)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hey, so, Eureka's doing an Easter Sale on UK Amazon.

They've put up a list and links to what's on sale:

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/news/amazon-easter-sale/?fbclid=IwAR2dQA7kfMusFrPdb_CoUYrn3uzdrhue06MDxG8n5KSUw6WQ0sfrGmeiozo

quote:

Eureka Classics

Robinson Crusoe on Mars (1964) Dual Format £7.99

Born Free (1966) Dual Format £7.99

The Entity (Blu-ray) £7.99

Journey To The Center Of The Earth [1959] Blu-ray £8.99

Masters of Cinema

Park Row (Masters of Cinema) (DVD) £6.99

Lubitsch In Berlin: Six films by Ernst Lubitsch, 1918-1921 [Masters Of Cinema] (DVD) £9.99

Harakiri [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £8.99

Sunrise [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £7.99

For All Mankind (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format £7.99

La Planete Sauvage [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £7.99

Onibaba (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format £7.99

Too Late Blues (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format £7.99

Nashville (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format £7.99

Diary of a Lost Girl [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £7.99

Dragon Inn (1967) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £7.99

Day Of The Outlaw (1959) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £7.99

A Touch of Zen (1970) [Masters of Cinema] 2 Disc Dual Format Edition £9.99

A Letter to Three Wives (1949) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £7.99

Kuroneko (1968) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £7.99

Shane [Masters of Cinema] (Single-Disc Standard Edition Blu-ray) £7.99

The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) (Masters of Cinema) Blu-ray £8.99

Paths of Glory (1957) (Masters of Cinema) Blu-ray £8.99

A Man For All Seasons (Masters Of Cinema) Dual Format £9.99

Two Rode Together (1961) [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £8.99

Creepy (2016) (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format £7.99

BAKUMATSU TAIYÔ-DEN (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format £7.99

The Barefoot Contessa [Masters of Cinema] Dual Format £9.99

TV Series

The Dark Side of the Sun (BBC TV) (DVD) £9.99

Maid Marian and her Merry Men – The Complete BBC TV Series 1-4 Limited Edition (DVD) £20

Wolf Creek (The Complete First Series) Blu-ray £7.99

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
So apparently Second Sight Films has the rights to “Dawn of the Dead” because they just posted an email from DP Michael Gornick about the restoration they’re doing.

Well, about time it got out of rights hell.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is Texas Chainsaw Massacre going out of print? The prices appear to have gone up a little.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Do you need one? I can get a copy for retail at my local FYE

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

VoodooXT posted:

So apparently Second Sight Films has the rights to “Dawn of the Dead” because they just posted an email from DP Michael Gornick about the restoration they’re doing.

Well, about time it got out of rights hell.

They’ve got Marty too. I’ll definitely be getting their release, since I missed Arrow’s LE set.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

They’ve got Marty too. I’ll definitely be getting their release, since I missed Arrow’s LE set.

I assume you mean Martin, not 1955 Best Picture winner Marty starring Ernest Borgnine

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

From the Eureka sale, I ordered Bakumatsu Taiyo-Den, Dragon Inn, La Planete Sauvage, Kuroneko and A Touch of Zen, along with Floating Weeds and Medium Cool, since they were at around the same price anyway.

I Before E posted:

I assume you mean Martin, not 1955 Best Picture winner Marty starring Ernest Borgnine

Yes, I absolutely meant Martin. From what I can tell, it's just the second blu-ray release that film is getting, the first being one in Japan for whatever reason.

Interestingly, Arrow had the rights to Martin as well, and they released Martin on DVD in the UK a while ago, but like Dawn of the Dead, they must have lost the rights at some point.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

CPL593H posted:

Is Texas Chainsaw Massacre going out of print? The prices appear to have gone up a little.

Don’t know, but you can get it for $10 on Target’s website. I picked it up this morning just in case.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

CPL593H posted:

I'm pretty sure it's still in print. I checked a few price tracking sites & the price for it seems to usually fluctuate between $15-50 throughout any given year for some reason.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Do you need one? I can get a copy for retail at my local FYE

I'm still trying to decide if I give enough of a poo poo about the special features to get the one with three discs or the one that's just the movie. I have the old Dark Sky blu-ray and DVD and those have a lot of that stuff. Special features a rarely a deciding factor for me on this stuff because I hardly watch them. And anyway the FYE price is probably whatever Amazon says, so I wouldn't really want to put you through all the bullshit of buying that and mailing it to me. I appreciate the offer though.

Almost Blue posted:

I'm pretty sure it's still in print. I checked a few price tracking sites & the price for it seems to usually fluctuate between $15-50 throughout any given year for some reason.

It's not a huge priority for me right now and I was only going to get it immediately if it's going out a print because that's one of my top five all time favorites. I did happen to notice the prices were a little higher than usual. Weird that it goes up and down like that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It might be high for that set that came out like 5 years ago, I haven’t seen it in awhile. But the fye steelbook is still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If you're in a Region B territory, or have a compatible player, Second Sight did a version of it in 2014 which is still in print.