Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Comrayn posted:

:goofy: all time bad movie post. The problem is everyone else was pragmatic. They kept doing their lovely jobs for decent pay until the decent pay part dried up for everyone behind them, leading us to where we are

I’m gonna get real with you, kinda woke up and posted that at 5 am working a job I am really... just not feeling right now, and I would love to work an office job at the moment.

I know they’re soul crushing and dull, but I’d appreciate it now, at least for the structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

shut up netface posted:

I’m gonna get real with you, kinda woke up and posted that at 5 am working a job I am really... just not feeling right now, and I would love to work an office job at the moment.

I know they’re soul crushing and dull, but I’d appreciate it now, at least for the structure.

I woke up at 5 am this morning too.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Garbage disposals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4weX2rnm24

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Huh! I did not know that. I thought it was spinning blades.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Pretending to hate Donald Trump, but supporting every single thing he does

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

those guys are Gen X?
Those guys suck

Most early Gen Xers are basically just younger Baby Boomers.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Aww yeah, that's the stuff

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Please don't turn this into yet another politics thread.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/568056615355740160?s=19

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

They love Harley Davidson so much that the company got addicted to easy boomer money and marketed exclusively to them so now no one under 50 thinks harleys are cool

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
boiling vegetables and overcooking meat

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Star wars

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Harleys were only ever cool for a brief period and then only by proxy because really it was the outlaw biker gangs that were cool.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Boomers are the only ones who think that bikers are cool and tough though. Everyone else can see it’s just another white trash variety.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Comrayn posted:

Boomers are the only ones who think that bikers are cool and tough though. Everyone else can see it’s just another white trash variety.

my older brother is a gen x outlaw biker and not only is he cool but he would also kick your rear end seabass

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Now they are. Once they were WW2 vets totally pissed off with the system and felt screwed over and would have been ripe for radicalization.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Comrayn posted:

It's basically a bunch of nostalgia based around how cool the guys from Easy Rider were, even though the people who buy Harleys now have more in common with the guys who kill the main characters for being free spirits than the main characters themselves. That movie is a big part of what made motorcycles "cool" in the 60s.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Idk that movie was one if a slew that tried to capitalize on existing popularity. The Hell's Angels were formed in 1948.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Necros posted:

my older brother is a gen x outlaw biker and not only is he cool but he would also kick your rear end seabass

Lol lets see his fat white supremacist rear end try to waddle up to me let alone actually fight. Go ahead show me a nonracist biker.

Remember how I said your fail generation got absorbed into boomers? :sad:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Every time I see a Harley it's some fat old dude riding it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

COMRADES posted:

Idk that movie was one if a slew that tried to capitalize on existing popularity. The Hell's Angels were formed in 1948.

You're right about that being the zeitgeist of the era but I'm guessing that your average boomer doesn't remember poo poo like the Glory Stompers and just picture themselves rebelling against the system like a young Peter Fonda zipping down the highway to Steppenwolf. Easy Rider is a perfect storm of Baby Boomer nostalgia poo poo. The look, the music, the actors.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Comrayn posted:

Lol lets see his fat white supremacist rear end try to waddle up to me let alone actually fight. Go ahead show me a nonracist biker.

he'll just shoot you with his gay little gun

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Comrayn posted:

Go ahead show me a nonracist biker.

the entirety of the thunderguards mc probably.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

COMRADES posted:

I think these guys are starved for attention too because you can hear them coming from half a mile away. It'd be less annoying if they stood on street corners yelling "EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION ME!". with a megaphone. It's even worse when they have one of those radios like an ice cream truck for old douchebags.

edit: Unless there's some horrible aspect to them that I haven't heard yet, Bikers Against Child Abuse are pretty cool.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 14, 2019

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Lord_Brand_X posted:

My grandparents purchased their three bedroom, two bath house for 17,000.

In northern California.

They probably paid a ridiculously low amount in property taxes because Boomers in California passed Prop 13. This proposition basically defunded public education in local governments and contributed to the housing crisis.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Getting young people and minorities to work for free.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

anyone else want their rear end kicked by my brother? im making a list.

1) the guy who said harleys suck
2) the guy with the tiger from virtua fighter av
3) the other gu y who said harleys suck

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Isnt Harley-Davidson in a bit of a financial pinch since nobody under like 50 wants to be seen on one?

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Barudak posted:

Isnt Harley-Davidson in a bit of a financial pinch since nobody under like 50 wants to be seen on one?

They are also trying gain some of the european style market now so no one over 50 does either. Harley sucks lol. Their lineup is ugly as poo poo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Barudak posted:

MILLENNIALS ARE DESTROYING HARLEY DAVIDSON!

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Here are the reasons why Millennials don't ride motorcycles, and why sales are down:

1. Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat
2. Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on
3. Can't use 2 hands to eat while driving
4. They don't get a trophy and recognition plaque just for buying one
5. Don't have enough muscle to hold the bike up when stopped
6. Might have a bug hit them in the face and they they would need emergency care
7. Motorcycles don't have air conditioning
8. They can't afford one because they spent 12 years in college trying to get a degree in Humanities, Social Studies or Gender Studies for which no jobs are available
9. They are allergic to fresh air.
10. Their pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes.
11. They might get their hands dirty checking the oil.
12. The handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

quote:

4. They don't get a trophy and recognition plaque just for buying one

I wouldn't be surprised if you literally do, at least they might as well as far as Boomers are concerned.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

critique my boomerfic posted:

I went to see a Rolling Stones Concert a long, long, time ago. I brought the shirt. A couple of dacades later, I am at a indoor trampoline place with my kids, I noticed a group of teenagers, looked to be around 17 or 18 years old. One of them was wearing the exact same original Rolling Stones Concert shirt with the dates on the back. There is no way this kid was at that concert. I'm thinking he borrowed it from his dad's closet, I went up to him and said "Hey, I like your shirt", I showed him a five dollar bill, I said I will give you this 5, if you can name one of their songs in less than 1 minute without any help from anyone or looking it up.. his friends looked at him and he could not name one song. I put the 5 in my pocket, I said, I'm sorry for putting you on the spot. and walked away.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anyone, much less a kid, who can afford to be at a stones concert in this day and age doesnt need your worthless five dollars

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao jesus christ

Baby Boomers and the Art of Parenting Adult Kids

"That’s what Linda Stroh found when she and a fellow author surveyed nearly 1,000 baby boomers for their book, “Getting Real about Getting Older.”

“My kids use language like ‘my family’ and ‘our family’ and they don’t mean us,” one man commented. “I’m at the mercy of their whims. We see them when they want, not when we want,” said another. “I miss my kids. I want to be around them more,” one woman said."

When the Boomer parent isn't on-screen, all the other characters should be saying, "Where's Boomer parent?"

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
I can't read that article because as a millennial I am too poor to subscribe to the wall street journal

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Arent millennials massively more likely to report that family is important to them/they feel they are similar to their parents/they expect to suppor their parents than boomers ever did?

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

COMRADES posted:

My dad (a fat old dude) bought one and 6 months later sold it because he has a bad back and can't enjoy riding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I can't tell who is worse, Boomers, or the seriousposters in this thread.