Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cersei gonna die giving birth to a dwarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Euron Greyjoy is a loving poo poo character

to be fair, so is everyone else

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s worse than most though

Cersei and The Hound are the only really good characters still imo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

He’s worse than most though

Cersei and The Hound are the only really good characters still imo

Also corresponds to the wine free part of the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tozme1J7PpY

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Anyone interested in a last minute fantasora league for this season? I can do it in a couple of hours if there is enough interest.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I will be watching this sober and enjoying it.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Escobarbarian posted:

Euron Greyjoy is a loving poo poo character

I want him recast by Vinnie Jones.

I hope the show continues to troll my immersion, perhaps they'll have Dolorous Edd tell one of his men to pop to Dragonstone to borrow some Dragonglass from the Red Keep then in the next scene have him return to the Wall and make it clear he was gone about three hours at most.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Euron is great If you understand that the iron islands are the Florida of westeros. His costume should just be a beer stained wife beater.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

banned from Starbucks posted:

Euron is great If you understand that the iron islands are the Florida of westeros. His costume should just be a beer stained wife beater.

I still laugh how the hardened team of viking raiders ran away in terror from some dogs and the half naked man they let open the kennels

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

teagone posted:

I will be watching this sober and enjoying it.
you monster

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This show has had 7 main James Bond movie actors. Theyve all been the best actors in the show outside of Rob's wife and theyre all gone and thats the biggest issue with current show.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Darko posted:

This show has had 7 main James Bond movie actors. Theyve all been the best actors in the show outside of Rob's wife and theyre all gone and thats the biggest issue with current show.

I'm so happy Oona Chaplin is gonna be a main character in the Avatar sequels :allears:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Give me dany having dysentery this season or I will write a very angry letter

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is there a good recap video available?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Infinitum posted:

Idk about a video but here's my recap: Stark kids are now superfriends and back in control of Winterfell after killing Ramsey and Littlefinger. Jon and Dany are banging. Euron wants to bang Cersei and is in her service. Night's King has a zombie dragon and just melted the wall. Dorne and Highgarden are supporting Dany. Dunno what's going on with the Vale and the Riverlands are hosed. Wildlings are in charge of The Gift (the lands just south of The Wall)

I think that's everything

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 14, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Wafflecopper posted:

Idk about a video but here's my recap: Stark kids are now superfriends and back in control of Winterfell after killing Ransey and Littlefinger. Jon and Dany are banging. Euron wants to bang Cersei and is in her service. Night's King has a zombie dragon and just melted the wall. Dorne and Highgarden are supporting Dany. Dunno what's going on with the Vale and the Riverlands are hosed. Wildlings are in charge of The Gift (the lands just south of The Wall)

I think that's everything

Highgarden got hosed by the Lannisters, and House Tyrell was literally wiped off the map as a result so I'm pretty sure they're not in play anymore. Dorne is currently leaderless after Ellaria was captured by Euron; she's still being held prisoner in King's Landing. Maybe Dorne still pledged to Dany, no idea. The Vale is probably still pledged to House Stark even after Littlefinger got ghosted because gently caress Littlefinger.

[edit] In addition, Euron hosed off overseas to go hire the Golden Company to fight for Cersei after the bulk of the Lannister forces were decimated by the Dothraki and Drogon. Everyone else is pretty much converging at Winterfell: Jaime's currently headed north after Cersei told him to gently caress off, likely to help hold Winterfell against the dead. Guess Brienne, Pod, and maybe Bronn will be there too. Jon and Dany are currently sailing towards White Harbor with the Unsullied, to later meet up with the Dothraki at Winterfell.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 14, 2019

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

teagone posted:

Dorne is currently leaderless after Ellaria was captured by Euron; she's still being held prisoner in King's Landing. Maybe Dorne still pledged to Dany, no idea.

He didn't just capture Ellaria, he destroyed their fleets. Dorne is basically out of the game.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

TheRat posted:

He didn't just capture Ellaria, he destroyed their fleets. Dorne is basically out of the game.

That wasn't the Dornish fleet, that was the Iron Fleet loyal to Yara that got destroyed by Euron. Only Ellaria and the sand snakes travelled to Dragonstone; they then hitched a ride back with Yara and Theon.

[edit] Although, the plan was to use Yara's ships to transport the Dornish forces. So while I'm pretty sure Dornish forces are still intact, they don't have a quick way to get to King's Landing at the moment.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 14, 2019

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah you're right. My bad.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

Highgarden got hosed by the Lannisters, and House Tyrell was literally wiped off the map as a result so I'm pretty sure they're not in play anymore. Dorne is currently leaderless after Ellaria was captured by Euron; she's still being held prisoner in King's Landing. Maybe Dorne still pledged to Dany, no idea. The Vale is probably still pledged to House Stark even after Littlefinger got ghosted because gently caress Littlefinger.

[edit] In addition, Euron hosed off overseas to go hire the Golden Company to fight for Cersei after the bulk of the Lannister forces were decimated by the Dothraki and Drogon. Everyone else is pretty much converging at Winterfell: Jaime's currently headed north after Cersei told him to gently caress off, likely to help hold Winterfell against the dead. Guess Brienne, Pod, and maybe Bronn will be there too. Jon and Dany are currently sailing towards White Harbor with the Unsullied, to later meet up with the Dothraki at Winterfell.

It just occurred to me how lovely it is that they didn't even try to negotiate for the release of Ellaria when they went to talk to Cersei. Their ally is being tortured in Cersei's dungeon as they speak, and no one even mentions her.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 14, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SimonChris posted:

It just occurred to me how lovely it is that they didn't even try to negotiate for the release of Ellaria when they went to talk to Cersei. Their ally is being tortured in Cerseis dungeon as they speak, and no one even mentions her.

Yeah same lol. They totally forgot about her and Dorne. Whoops!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They probably assumed she was dead, which you think they would have learned not to do by now given how much “I thought you/they were dead!” stuff is in s7

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Escobarbarian posted:

They probably assumed she was dead, which you think they would have learned not to do by now given how much “I thought you/they were dead!” stuff is in s7

Yeah, you would think they would at least ask about her.

Also, the Sand Snakes are all bastards, so there is no way Ellaria is the official ruler of Dorne. Surely, the actual ruler is some noble lord, who was simply allied with the Sand Snakes, and who would still support Dany's claim?

Nothing about the Dorne plotline makes any sense, really.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Varys did report they were either dead or captured, but he also has to still have had some spies in King's Landing who would have seen Ellaria and her daughter were alive when they were brought in by Euron and paraded through the streets.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SimonChris posted:

Yeah, you would think they would at least ask about her.

Also, the Sand Snakes are all bastards, so there is no way Ellaria is the official ruler of Dorne. Surely, the actual ruler is some noble lord, who was simply allied with the Sand Snakes, and who would still support Dany's claim?

Nothing about the Dorne plotline makes any sense, really.

Bastards are treated differently in Dorne.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

teagone posted:

Bastards are treated differently in Dorne.

They are treated better, yes, but they still can't inherit titles.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 14, 2019

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

SimonChris posted:

It just occurred to me how lovely it is that they didn't even try to negotiate for the release of Ellaria when they went to talk to Cersei. Their ally is being tortured in Cersei's dungeon as they speak, and no one even mentions her.

The first thing that happened during the meeting was Euron goading Theon about another much less important hostage, that would have shown it was pointless to discuss it. Plus Dany had roasted the last major hostage she captured so it probably wouldn't have been prudent to start talking about releasing POWs.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Were the leaks ever confirmed? (The ones where the dragons go to dragon college, if there is any confusion)

Also, I'm glad this national nightmare is soon over and I hope a giant steps on some more people

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Apr 14, 2019

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's something that should probably be confined to the spoiler thread, but it sounds like hot garbage.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah we literally have a spoiler thread that mentions that in the drat title

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Whoopsie daisy, sorry I'm new to the internet. I edited my post

Also, still hope a giant steps on some people

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

teagone posted:

Cersei gonna die giving birth to a dwarf.

Wait to see what happens to Danaerys. GRRM wanted to do no other statement than explaining that incest is unhealthy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I actually like the show still, all the way up to season 7, but I think they spent more and more time writing themselves into a corner and the resolution is gonna feel either too predictable or too "you pulled this out of your rear end so we wouldn't say it was predictable"

esperterra posted:

Being better actors might help too but lmao yeah the black hole of chemistry is great.

Which is ridiculous because emilia clarke has insane chemistry with like, a piece of stone

she's like the most likeable person ever when she's not acting in game of thrones

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Look up Cram It on YouTube by Screen Junkies.

It's about 50 minutes, but does a pretty good job of covering all the seasons.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Which is ridiculous because emilia clarke has insane chemistry with like, a piece of stone

she's like the most likeable person ever when she's not acting in game of thrones

the best most expressive eyebrows in show biz.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I actually like the show still, all the way up to season 7, but I think they spent more and more time writing themselves into a corner and the resolution is gonna feel either too predictable or too "you pulled this out of your rear end so we wouldn't say it was predictable"

Well, that's what you're always going to get at the end of a long series that people have had time to pick over for years and years. If you've done your plotting and foreshadowing right, then everything in the last few episodes SHOULD be predictable because it's echoing everything that came before. And to be honest, I'm not sure what I'm expecting the ending to look like. There'll be some big battles with the Others and Cersei's expected backstabbing, but I wouldn't care to bet on who lives or who dies, or how the Night King is defeated or bargained with, or how they'll deal with the ice dragon. Or what the status quo will look like after all's said and done.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

discoukulele posted:

I think it's just the last 3

edit: sorry, last 4

Whoa, didn't know the length of the episodes was going to go way up. I am all for doing that because holy gently caress stopping in the middle of Arya murderizing everyone would make me throw poo poo everywhere.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is this on at 8 or 9 EST?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

9PM eastern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I liked how Theon's sexual conquests got sadder over time.

He went from Ros to the captain's homely daughter.

Then he lost his whole dick.