Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Just Chamber posted:

Hopefully, i'll wait and see how she does in Endgame because that's likely going to have much better directing and writing behind it.

I'd say this is a really dubious claim if Infinity war is anything to go by

precision posted:

Brie Larson is no less dumb than Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, I wonder what makes her a bigger target for nerds... hmmm...

:thunk:

Yeah, it's not like Tom has gotten tons of flack for his weirdo beliefs over the years, or the dumb oprah stunt of his

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Just Chamber posted:

Yea i dont even think they've made even one right wing statement or opinion afaik. Thinking he's trolling.

Unless not liking TLJ makes you alt right

No, it's not liking the new Ghostbusters that makes you alt-right.

So sadly they are as nazi as the Angry Video Game Nerd who even refused to give Sony his money because he thought it looked like a stupid cash grab (even Hitler didn't do that) :rip:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

McCloud posted:

I'd say this is a really dubious claim if Infinity war is anything to go by

Yeah, it's not like Tom has gotten tons of flack for his weirdo beliefs over the years, or the dumb oprah stunt of his

I think one of the worst things about Captain Marvel was the directing and even if you dislike the writing of Infinity War which I think was on par for most of the Marvel movies apart from the really stellar ones (it wasn't Guardians of the Galaxy quality but it certainty was no Iron Man 2) there were some good performances and some really good fight/ action scenes.

I do wonder if they rushed out Captain Marvel a bit because they knew they had to get it out before Endgame to introduce the character and that's why it felt very lackluster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy gently caress...

:ohno:

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Remember when RLM's biggest criticism of Attack of the Clones was that the film was a poor guide for how to pick up women

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

precision posted:

Brie Larson is no less dumb than Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise, I wonder what makes her a bigger target for nerds... hmmm...

:thunk:

This is why people like Brie Larson less than Tom Cruise and Brad pitt:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrNutt posted:

Lmao okay dude if you say so. They weren't any dumber than any other poo poo that Hollywood people blather on about in their speeches but you do you. Keep on loving that Ess Jay Double You chicken.

Who said they make good speeches either? Hollywood is filled with shallow white people, news at 11. If someone's giving a speech, they should have some charisma and eloquence so they don't sound like Brie Larson who came off as up her own rear end.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Daddy Thanos posted:

Remember when RLM's biggest criticism of Attack of the Clones was that the film was a poor guide for how to pick up women

It was more that Anakin and Padme's relationship was awkward and hard to buy into.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Daddy Thanos posted:

Being young, good looking and project a veneer of helplessness while going for someone older with a thing for mothering ain't necessarily a bad approach if you can swing it but I'll grant you that it's not exactly the most general advice.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 14, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

What the gently caress are you doing, Star Wars Spoiler thread?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

thrawn527 posted:

What the gently caress are you doing, Star Wars Spoiler thread?

Spoiling the thread.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Polo-Rican posted:

TLJ has a lot of ambition and attempts to take star wars to places it's never been before, which is good and admirable, but large parts of the story make zero logical sense and it deals with a lot of its themes either awkwardly or badly. IMHO it's interesting and a cool project, and way better than TFA, but still pretty bad.

Hey this is a pretty great take, yeah

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Tossing this in like a soup bone for you feral dogs

leaks subreddit posted:

Just a quick gloss over of some of things hinted at in the 3 MSW trailer review podcasts - this is all recorded on a portable mic and much more casual, so kinda hard to transcribe

- Rey and Kylo meet for the first time for the film in the Jordan desert, the scene from the trailer, early in the film
- when they meet again later in the film they force link
- they start fighting in locations that neither of them are actually at (confusing) -it’s a continuation of the force Skype stuff from TLJ
- Jason wonders if the forceback in VII is a flash forward to the bit from the teaser
- Jason keeps saying he knows a lot
- he said he knows what happens with Kylo, but might have been being facetious
- he said there’s something to do with a graveyard or cemetery
- seems like this movies gonna get heavy spoiled pretty early

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why didn't they call it Redemption of the Solo

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to spoil it in as many places as possible so people have less reason to see it

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

precision posted:

"Because Master Skywalker was more like a father to me than Han Solo ever was"

- Kylo Ren

Probably an actual quote from the movie.

:barf:

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 14, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Also they probably think there are people who are too dumb to realize that's where the story has to go

And they're probably right lmao

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Daddy Thanos posted:

This is why people like Brie Larson less than Tom Cruise and Brad pitt:

That might be the longest back I’ve ever seen

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think it would be hard to take kylo ben seriously as a good guy. To have such a weird face, only works on a detestable fool

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

s.i.r.e. posted:

Who said they make good speeches either? Hollywood is filled with shallow white people, news at 11. If someone's giving a speech, they should have some charisma and eloquence so they don't sound like Brie Larson who came off as up her own rear end.

Her words were fine, you might need to check your brain because it's about twenty feet up your tremendous rear end.

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

DrNutt posted:

Lmao okay dude if you say so. They weren't any dumber than any other poo poo that Hollywood people blather on about in their speeches but you do you. Keep on loving that Ess Jay Double You chicken.

You're mad about Brie Larson's rear end

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Daddy Thanos posted:

You're mad about Brie Larson's rear end

Yep you got me

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
Finn and Poe walk down the dusty main street of one of the ghost towns that dot the desert planet. The only sound is the cawing of a distant space-hawk. At least until an unexpected voice cuts through the stillness.

"TRAITOR"

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

precision posted:

Why did they name him after two fake names when his mother is both royalty and a survivor of a dead planet? That's pretty drat hosed up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This shows that Palpatine was sorta planned to come back in some way from the start. It's from the TFA artbook.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
That's a heck of a leap from 'we thought about using the DS2 ruins' and 'Palpatine was planned from the start', friend.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

That's a heck of a leap from 'we thought about using the DS2 ruins' and 'Palpatine was planned from the start', friend.

Yeah, I think that art is from when Arndt was still writing the script of TFA, and the movie had a sequence in which people were exploring the ruins of Death Star II, because the Emperor's throne room contained the map with the original Jedi Temple (and hence Luke's location).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume it's planned from the start in the same way that a lot of Star Wars is which is "We had an idea but we couldn't use it there so we'll use it HERE instead."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrNutt posted:

Her words were fine, you might need to check your brain because it's about twenty feet up your tremendous rear end.

Thanks for the compliment on my rear end, I guess lol. Hope the hill of mediocrity is worth dying for, maybe more people can give 5th grade level speeches on it now.

Timby posted:

Yeah, I think that art is from when Arndt was still writing the script of TFA, and the movie had a sequence in which people were exploring the ruins of Death Star II, because the Emperor's throne room contained the map with the original Jedi Temple (and hence Luke's location).

So now why are they there now? Does the Emperor live in the throne room but now underwater, or are they trying to dredge up the Jedi Temple for another reason I wonder. I wonder if they were planning on using the Emperor earlier.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

s.i.r.e. posted:

So now why are they there now?

Probably (just speculating, I haven't read any leaks) Rey needs a kyber crystal to fix her lightsaber, and since the Death Star laser was powered by kybers and since she has experience scavenging from Imperial infrastructure, they head to Endor to find some.
My guess is that Palpatine's appearance will either be a ghost (like Darth Bane' appearance in the Yoda Clone Wars episodes, i.e. not a force ghost but a malevolent presence powered by his hatred, ultimately powerless) or a force vision like the one she had when she first touched the lightsaber at Maz's castle. Maybe Kylo will even share the vision and see how his idol Darth Vader was manipulated by Palpatine, setting him on his way to turn away from the dark side.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Does the Emperor live in the throne room but now underwater

But thanks to your comment I now have the image in my head of a Palpatine with gills, happily swimming around in the ruins of his throne room, his robe trailing behind him like a mermaid's tail.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yeah, I doubt Palpatine is alive. It’s probably either a hologram, a flashback, a force vision of some kind or a traditional ghost.

Sith can’t become Force Ghosts.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Dave Syndrome posted:

But thanks to your comment I now have the image in my head of a Palpatine with gills, happily swimming around in the ruins of his throne room, his robe trailing behind him like a mermaid's tail.

The Sheev of Water

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gonz posted:

Yeah, I doubt Palpatine is alive. It’s probably either a hologram, a flashback, a force vision of some kind or a traditional ghost.

Sith can’t become Force Ghosts.

Maybe the Jedi were just wrong about that like they were about literally everything else

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I now want to see a Sheev force ghost in a slapfight with force ghost Yoda.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

“[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial."

This is less stupid than anything you have said in this conversation.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Daddy Thanos posted:

Finn and Poe walk down the dusty main street of one of the ghost towns that dot the desert planet. The only sound is the cawing of a distant space-hawk. At least until an unexpected voice cuts through the stillness.

"TRAITOR"

You wanna talk about Luke and Palpatine's duet during Finn and Poe's wedding or should I?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
So uh The Mandalorian teaser has me way more hyped than the Episode IX teaser.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Looks pretty dope actually. I kinda want to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IIOMrLe0M

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
If it has the same production quality as the movies, then it shouldn't have a problem taking up the torch as the Big Badass Live Action Series that HBO will lose with Game of Thrones this spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

CelticPredator posted:

Looks pretty dope actually. I kinda want to see it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IIOMrLe0M

Based on that trailer the Mandalorian seems to be some fat old guy with curly hair