Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Apparently they weren't booing roman. they were booing people who wouldn't do the wave in the arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I was just laughing on the couch because they finally got the crowd to (mostly) like Roman Reigns and in his first big match they deliver a giant turd that was basically any monster of the month PPV match he'd had for the last several years that people hated and were tired of.

Roman was the one with cancer, not the bookers

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

AkumaHokoru posted:

Apparently they weren't booing roman. they were booing people who wouldn't do the wave in the arena

even worse

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, to be fair, booing him last night was kinda lame because he didn't do anything worth booing

He did a superman punch in the match, that's always worth booing

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I just realized that Henry Cavill stole reloading his arms from Roman Reigns.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
maybe booing roman last night was lame but that dude in the article is literally claiming you are just as bad as Charles Manson if you ever boo Roman again

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

AkumaHokoru posted:

As someone in the audience, I can vouch for this. I thought that was pretty lame, tbh, even if I can't blame people for checking out hardcore. It was right after the Joe-Mysterio break, so it was a prime high energy spot, and instead we just got the typical Roman Reigns PPV match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

OldTennisCourt posted:

maybe booing roman last night was lame but that dude in the article is literally claiming you are just as bad as Charles Manson if you ever boo Roman again

I thought you were perhaps using the word literally to mean figuratively as people do. But no that's his opening salvo.

"
Yeah, you don't come off as critical at all.  You come off like a wonderful person.  Anyone that boos someone that overcame cancer twice, for no legitimate reason, is usually the best kind of person that the world has to offer, right up there with people like Charles Manson.
Seriously though, you don't come off as critical.  You come across like a moron.  I am sure you are OK with that.
"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, to be fair, booing him last night was kinda lame because he didn't do anything worth booing

He talks one time about Wrestlemania and opens the comment with "Yeah, you don't come off as critical at all. You come off like a wonderful person. Anyone that boos someone that overcame cancer twice, for no legitimate reason, is usually the best kind of person that the world has to offer, right up there with people like Charles Manson.", the implication is very much that in general booing Reigns anymore after what you know he went through is verboten behavior for good people

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
call me squeaky

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

bobby beausoleil is a pretty great ring name, so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mactheknife posted:

bobby beausoleil is a pretty great ring name, so

it even comes with a built-in finisher name, Lucifer Rising

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

, the implication is very much that in general booing Reigns anymore after what you know he went through is verboten behavior for good people

Well I mean, you are kinda of a jaded piece of poo poo if you can't give a literal cancer survivor like a month before tearing into him

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He came back in February so they're good.

I like Roman but that match was just pretty boring, on a show that needed to run short. Oh well.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 8, 2019

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

it even comes with a built-in finisher name, Lucifer Rising

brb going to wrestling school

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know. The crowd didn't seem very fresh for the HHH match to me.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
call me Mr. Leslie Van Houten because i'm marrying her when she's paroled

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Drew McIntyre posted:

call me Mr. Leslie Van Houten because i'm marrying her when she's paroled

Milhouse’s mom?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
From a thread about the Bret Hart attacker

https://twitter.com/mattyleehxc/status/1115278566915076096?s=21

It took seeing the dude's tweets to make you think it wasn't a work?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blast Fantasto posted:

From a thread about the Bret Hart attacker

https://twitter.com/mattyleehxc/status/1115278566915076096?s=21

It took seeing the dude's tweets to make you think it wasn't a work?

It'd be inline with Vince's sense of humor. Except the HoF is sacred territory so no angles or stupid poo poo.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

quote:

I'm going to play a devil's advocate and say, this was a good showing for ROH. Many of you have come out and said that you haven't watched ROH for "years" and only watched this PPV for NJPW, and yet, despite your criticisms, this thread is still being discussed five days later. Here's a hot-take; maybe this is exactly what ROH wanted.

One of ROH's biggest criticisms over the last several years is that they play things too safe. I believe since their partnership with NJPW, they have had this crutch of being affiliated with the #2 promotion in the world. Now that both companies have had the biggest show they could possibly hope for, why continue the partnership? They can still share talent without being directly affiliated and running duel shows. At this point, NJPW doesn't need ROH to do well in the states, and ROH just created more than enough buzz for themselves to carry them through this year, and into the future.

This brings me to the biggest critism being thrown down; the Enzo and Cass angle. I know I'm going to receive flack for this, but you know what, I like this for two reasons. The first being, that if NJPW honestly didn't know this angle was happening, then it is more reason for the two companies to slowly split from each other. The second reason is that ROH truly lacks drama, and you know where drama comes from? Great antagonists. I can't think of greater antagonists to all that ROH stands for than Enzo Amore and Cass. They are the antithsist to all that ROH was founded on. However, let me ask all of you this question, do any of you remember how the first show of ROH began? It was a crap shoot of controversy and great wrestling. Hell the Christopher-Street Connection were beat down by Da Hit Squad. Pretty controversial in 2003 to have two gay wrestlers get the poo poo kicked out of them for making out in the ring. Enzo, specifically is a wrestler who lives the gimmick, and isn't afraid to take chances. One may argue that he's only in it for himself, but I argue that his brand is just what American wrestling has lacked for too long; chaos. Say what you want, but he reminds me of a mid-90's Brian Pillman. If he, and Cass, can better themselves in-ring, then ROH has a gold-mine in their pocket.

To all of you who have claimed that ROH has played it too safe, and that they don't "pull the trigger," this is them answering the critics. They just dropped a nuke of chaos by using their biggest show ever as the launch-pad. No, this wasn't them "making GBS threads the bed." To me, this is them taking stock of the future of American wrestling.

ROH has survived numerous controversies over nearly 2 decades. They have been stripped of talent more times than I can remember. They are now being threatened by a new brand in AEW, where almost half of their talent have gone in a blink of an eye. ROH has always had the talent, but they have lacked the ambition. This show was them telling the wrestling world, we have survived worse and we're ready to go to war.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

but then why would you take the air out of Tana's MSG debut like that? Even if you wanted to promote your fed..there are some things you don't do.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I ... don't even know where to start with that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Start by changing my name to Nuke Of Chaos , mods

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

What happened?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I may be misremembering things but I'm pretty sure the crowd cheered when the Christopher Street Connection got beat up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think that's the strongest defense of RoH I've seen and even then that's pretty luke warm

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Enzo is such a big draw that he's had literally zero matches since WWE fired him 15 months ago. Definitely an apples-to-apples comparison to Brian Pillman.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Enzo is the new Brian Pillman.

Okay.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Enzo is the new Brian Pillman.

Okay.

in that he will be dead by 35

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drew McIntyre posted:

in that he will be dead by 35

:drat:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Benne posted:

I ... don't even know where to start with that

I'm gonna start by having a sensible chuckle at the idea that the G1 Supercard was New Japan's "biggest show they could possibly hope for".

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm loving furious

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm loving furious

Who wrote this? Shame on them.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
whatculture :argh:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/SethSharma7/status/1116834533956100096?s=19

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Somebody think of the blonde people

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somebody wasn't around for the Jinder reign if they think Becky is the most "overfished" of all time

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Somebody think of the blonde people

way ahead of you
/
:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
White people holding down the other white people.