Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Humanity’s greatest crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
On Dominic Dijackovic's white nationalist tweet:

quote:

I don’t get why this is such a big deal, look I understand the political climate we’re currently living in and all that you know the mess that comes with it. But I don’t get anytime professional wrestling we have a controversial gimmick there’s an issue we say you watch wrestling and you’re supposed to suspend your disbelief but anytime we do anything in a political sense everybody gets their panties in a bunch I don’t understand what’s the point to get to you made. What is the problem with them having a white nationalist gimmick??!wrestling is a television show I don’t get why people get offended all the time unless these guys they’re just heels and the faces will get the last laugh end of the day so what’s the problem? Like I remember listening to a podcast and they were saying how uncomfortable the Del Rio and Jack swagger storyline was from wrestlemania 29 and I’m just sitting there thinking to myself why do people get this offended by a wrestling storyline if you don’t get offended by a film that does this then why get annoyed by WWE doing you get its ork so why does it loving matter?? it’s stupid man it’s like these guys are really going out here and doing racist poo poo which they won’t be because again they’re loving actors!!! what’s the problem. Also I’m not white for those that’ll came me a nazi.

God bless Reddit. Such a terrible site.

I mean the gimmick is tasteless because A) It drives away viewers, and B) Some people watch wrestling (or another show of their choice) to escape all of the drama of the real world.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Swagger/Del Rio storyline was bad because the end of their feud was Dolph Ziggler trying to help finish the crippling of Del Rio to massive cheers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"they’re just heels and the faces will get the last laugh end of the day" is a bold claim.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mariooncrack posted:

White people holding down the other white people.

"actually the irish weren't considered white" - that guy trying to justify racism

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The rule of thumb when it comes to vile gimmicks, the more offensive, the quicker the comeupppance. Which is why cannibal necrophiliac pedophiles never make great gimmicks.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

The rule of thumb when it comes to vile gimmicks, the more offensive, the quicker the comeupppance. Which is why cannibal necrophiliac pedophiles never make great gimmicks.

To be fair it lasted longer than his Dentist gimmick.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dijakovic did a white nationalist tweet?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rarity posted:

yeah it was cribbed version of the "I Will Protect My Family From The Mongrel Hordes" racism speech you see float around on stormfront right before a guy goes and beats up a 7/11 employee.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
If he hadn't tagged politicians in it, I'd say he was aiming for a Rorshach type speech.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Rorschach was also pretty fascist unfortunately

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Draxion posted:

Rorschach was also pretty fascist unfortunately

Yeah he was never supposed to be a hero.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:yikes:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Its 45 words long and he tagged Trump lmao, real subtle

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
there was definitely a time I could have read that and it just would have sounded like a bad e-fed promo, and not like... uh... well

that time ain't today

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

That promo would only really work with an over the top evil lich lord gimmick. While on a throne of skulls and poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I like to imagine Vince saw that tweet and was angrilly like "No goddammit I said a HEEL promo"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know The Big Trump Fundraiser appears to be terrible fan fiction but unfortunately their terrible white nationalist gimmick was not created by fans. It must be discussed in an appropriate thread or with the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Did anyone post the people who were mad Dave RTed pictures of the Kofi shirt that WWE put up before his title match was over?

https://twitter.com/Andrew329321/status/1115061216563683329

Don't post spoilers Dave!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I know The Big Trump Fundraiser appears to be terrible fan fiction but unfortunately their terrible white nationalist gimmick was not created by fans. It must be discussed in an appropriate thread or with the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Did anyone post the people who were mad Dave RTed pictures of the Kofi shirt that WWE put up before his title match was over?

https://twitter.com/Andrew329321/status/1115061216563683329

Don't post spoilers Dave!

I mean, I do think its not totally unreasonable to be upset the most prominent voice in wrestling journalism tweeted a major spoiler for a match as it was going on major social media

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The bleating weeaboo Shave Seltzer, angry that people who aren't foreign tried to do a wrestling show, spoiled it like Schiavone did Foley's title. What a useless weeaboo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, I do think its not totally unreasonable to be upset the most prominent voice in wrestling journalism tweeted a major spoiler for a match as it was going on major social media

On the flip side, I think it is unreasonable to be upset that the most prominent voice in wrestling journalism made note of the fact that WWE had openly put on sale merchandise spoiling a major title match at their biggest show of the year before it happened. If he hadn't reported it, I'm sure there would have been people saying,"I thought you were a real journalist but you deliberately sat on a story about the biggest company in the world loving up on their biggest day of the year?"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why would you be following Dave Meltzer and specifically looking at his tweets during a title match if you cared about the match and not getting spoiled? It's not as if the fact he comments on future plans is obscure.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Unfollowing Dave during the show just to follow him after the show seems kind of labor intensive. But there was also a Bryan shirt up at the same time, so, shrug.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

Unfollowing Dave during the show just to follow him after the show seems kind of labor intensive. But there was also a Bryan shirt up at the same time, so, shrug.

but I mean in general, reporting on future plans is part of Dave's job

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

don’t go on twitter during wrestlemania just shitpost in the gdt like god intended

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

On the flip side, I think it is unreasonable to be upset that the most prominent voice in wrestling journalism made note of the fact that WWE had openly put on sale merchandise spoiling a major title match at their biggest show of the year before it happened. If he hadn't reported it, I'm sure there would have been people saying,"I thought you were a real journalist but you deliberately sat on a story about the biggest company in the world loving up on their biggest day of the year?"

I mean, I think the bigger issue is that the reporting doesn't necessitate the spoiler.

Like, news sites reported on Avengers Endgame getting spoiled without tweeting the spoilers. He could just say "According to ______, WWEshop may have spoiled outcome of match with t-shirts."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

don’t go on twitter during wrestlemania just shitpost in the gdt like god intended

I was at a watch party and basically just said my normal gdt posts out loud and found that some ppl are not "in tune" with the rowdy ringsports lifestyle

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jesus WEP posted:

This is the real answer. I once got spoiled on the finish of a match by WWE's own twitter account. Just avoid twitter if you care about a finish. :|

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

I was at a watch party and basically just said my normal gdt posts out loud and found that some ppl are not "in tune" with the rowdy ringsports lifestyle

The rowdy ringsports experience

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its still Wrestlehut to me dammit

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its still Wrestlehut to me dammit

My brain goes to the short lived punchsport pagoda, personally.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

Ditto. PSP was a cool name.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

forkboy84 posted:

:same:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bring back PSP stop honoring the TERF.

Or rename it the Wrestle Boxer Rodeo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Name the forum "we hate that weeaboo Shave Seltzer"

What is Shave Seltzer even from. I assume this thread somewhere

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

Name the forum "we hate that weeaboo Shave Seltzer"

What is Shave Seltzer even from. I assume this thread somewhere

Think that was a TNAMecca creation.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

I still shoutout to my PSPeeps

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait when the hell did we stop being Punchsport Pagoda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
when piper died