Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

You have to do donuts in the parking lot after filling up half of each grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

You have to do donuts in the parking lot after filling up half of each grade.

Roll the car exactly 6 times iirc

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Me with any Utz snacks:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

david_a posted:

no there’s a special octane agent that actually causes it to subtract so you end up with 92 - 89 = 3 octane

Real talk; gas stations don’t have more than two tanks, so the mid grade is just a mix.

True, and most somewhat recent cars that take premium (like my own 2017 GTI Sport) claim to need premium but will take regular with no problem whatsoever.

you lose a few horsepower and a little fuel efficiency, but it's fine. I still do premium in mine because I commute a very interesting mountain road for my daily commute, but for most people, just get regular it's no big deal.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sup 17 Sport bro. I was looking for some summer tires to put on mine, but I think Tire rack may have CC beat. The pricing seems ok, but the brands they carry had so so reviews.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Warbird posted:

Sup 17 Sport bro. I was looking for some summer tires to put on mine, but I think Tire rack may have CC beat. The pricing seems ok, but the brands they carry had so so reviews.

Dude. Yes. The 2017 sport GTI was the best drat car for the money I've ever purchased or probably even seen in my lifetime. Too bad they got rid of it immediately after only one glorious model-year, it was too awesome for this life.

I get your desire for summer tires but frankly, the mechanical slip diff and Golf R brakes on the sport take care of my personal needs. What are you up to that you would want summer tires? Maybe track time, or just wanting the best for your Sport (which I can totally understand)?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 Plus on my ‘08 GTI for what it’s worth. I think even that tire is borderline overkill for my car. There was a definite drop in mpg compared to the OEM tires.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Taima posted:

Dude. Yes. The 2017 sport GTI was the best drat car for the money I've ever purchased or probably even seen in my lifetime. Too bad they got rid of it immediately after only one glorious model-year, it was too awesome for this life.

I get your desire for summer tires but frankly, the mechanical slip diff and Golf R brakes on the sport take care of my personal needs. What are you up to that you would want summer tires? Maybe track time, or just wanting the best for your Sport (which I can totally understand)?

Gotta go fast/extend the life of my all seasons/rimzzzzz son/the hot hatch thread said to. I’m thinking about putting a stage one tune in the thing once it’s off warranty because let’s just do the drat thing.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Does that actually work?

Yeah when I worked at a gas station many moons ago the unleaded gas had two underground tanks. A regular and a premium, then the pump blends it for mid grade.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Am I completely mental to consider buying a MacBook from Costco? It’s like three hundred bucks off with AppleCare and a better return policy than Apple. Only thing is you can’t customize to add memory or storage.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ultimate Mango posted:

Am I completely mental to consider buying a MacBook from Costco? It’s like three hundred bucks off with AppleCare and a better return policy than Apple. Only thing is you can’t customize to add memory or storage.

They’re very nice computers

I don’t know what the Costco specs are but get 16gb ram minimum

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Fallom posted:

The 15”s have 16Bg ram but only 512Gb storage. The costco deal ends up being a little better than free AppleCare, especially since they jacked AppleCare for the 15s to 379.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Costco give you 2 years of warranty as default plus an additional 2 years if you use their Citi visa card. So that's 4 years warranty at no additional cost.

Not as generous as Applecare+ but it's better than anything else.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Around the time that Apple releases a new MBP (usually a bit before being announced) you can usually get the previous year's model on closeout for super cheap. Last year I got a new 15 inch MBP touchbar for around $1,500 this way, retail around $2,400.

Usually when the closeouts start there will be flash sale(s) of certain models on Woot, and Ebay sellers will start liquidating the same models (which they probably get through similar back-channels). The current MBP is approaching end of cycle, hence the kind-of-good sales on them right now, but if you wait you could be very rewarded for your patience.

I honestly love the current MBP design. The all-metal is so luxurious, the way you can flip the screen up with one finger is so good, I even love the keyboard. Great, great device.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ultimate Mango posted:

If it’s an MBA get it and don’t worry about the ram upgrade IMO: you probably aren’t going to be doing anything on an MBA where the RAM is the bottleneck?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

I think this is the problem with the Costco ones, only 8GB in the non 15 inchers

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I would only get a pro with 16Gb ram and AppleCare plus. I know better than to not get the warranty, has paid for itself every time over my 8-10 Mac purchases. Including recently my iMac screen going with 5 days left on the AppleCare plus. But I need a laptop for work...

I know you can get a Pro 13” from Apple but the costco deal seems too good to pass up?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

You know what they say about deals that are too good to pass up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Virigoth posted:

You know what they say about deals that are too good to pass up.

Take the deal :moonrio:

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are these good? Where are they on a scale of stale cardboard to fluffy pork clouds

I haven't got these from the 'Co, but I used to order them from Amazon when they carried them. They are definetly more on the fluffy pork cloud side, but the problem I always had was they seemed to get stale fast after opening the jar since there was no way for me to evacuate the air. By the end of the jar you absolutley had to dip them in something or douse them with hot sauce.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

If you're considering the Applecare, look at adding the Squaretrade instead. Only $100, gets you the same third year of warranty plus the coverage from drops and spills, without the deductible of Applecare. Stacks with the Citi Visa warranty extension if applicable, which would give you a total of 5 years warranty, of which the first 3 you're covered for drops and spills.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ok so my opinion on the Bitching Sauce is coming around. was lukewarm on it at first, but it's pretty good. I dont think i'd get it every time but maybe a few times a year.

also I cooked the raw Kirkland bulgogi that was in an aluminum tray near the mac n cheese and stuff. it was pretty decent but the meat cuts were a tad lovely. looked like a lot of gristle and fat and thought I had made a mistake at first, fortunately most of it cooked down but still were a few bits of slabs of fat stringed together with gristle. i think ultimately for the price I wouldn't get it again since it's relatively simple to make, and I think i could use some slightly better meat for cheaper. at least i have some bulgogi leftovers to throw over rice for the next few days.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
i have to pick up some paper towels and toilet paper from the church soon and i'm definitely gonna look for some bitchin sauce to pick up as well based on the recommendations of the thread

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Grabbed some of that sauce yesterday, along with some of those dulce de leche pastry things which were on sale. No Utz pork rinds to be found though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Costco on a Monday morning at 10am #blessed.

Picked up some allergy meds and Kirkland Zantac (wtf is cheap as gently caress).

PBUC

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My fellow clergymen/women. What is the generic allergy medicine list again ? I bought the 365 pill Kirkland brand and I'm sneezin and all snotted up while I'm posting this. I need the strongest over the counter medicine they got. Holy poo poo i hate spring

PBUC will sneeze on dawgs all day

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Nashua, NH got rid of the onion dispenser. I'm going to write a comment. All those little onion cups are bad for the environment!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Nashua, NH got rid of the onion dispenser. I'm going to write a comment. All those little onion cups are bad for the environment!!!

Yeah it sucks that people are such disgusting slobs. Costcos here got rid of them too and you have to request cups of onions or sauerkraut.

I don’t blame them tho because the condiment stations would get so nasty.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My fellow clergymen/women. What is the generic allergy medicine list again ? I bought the 365 pill Kirkland brand and I'm sneezin and all snotted up while I'm posting this. I need the strongest over the counter medicine they got. Holy poo poo i hate spring

You’ll have to get the one from the pharmacist. I just did that and it’s a pain in the dick because of the limit (here in CA).

Also the co has marmot T-shirts for $11 that’s a really great deal for some high quality T-shirts.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

binge crotching posted:

Have you been to the one on Market? It is the worst designed gas station line I've ever seen.

That used to be my go-to Costco. You're talking about how the line wraps around the entire gas station? That made it a bit easier but they really need to expand it to 3 pumps per lane instead of 2.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

You’ll have to get the one from the pharmacist. I just did that and it’s a pain in the dick because of the limit (here in CA).

Also the co has marmot T-shirts for $11 that’s a really great deal for some high quality T-shirts.

I've sneezed a total of 8 times in the last 2 hours. You tellin me I gotta talk to THE MAN>!? Someone please help, my eyes are so itchy.

*blows nose on rotisserie chicken*

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That's loratadine aka Claratin, which I understand to be allergy pill fake news. It might raise the noise floor of allergies but if it's a bad day it's not gonna do poo poo.

Benadryl aka diphehydramine is still the king for me as even half the recommended dose will stop my allergies. It'll mess you up though :catdrugs:

There's also fexofenadine (allegra) which I wasn't impressed with and is expensive even in generic.

I should give Zyrtec a try.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

You kind of have to find what works for you. The only thing that stops my allergies is Flonase, with any/all allergy pills doing jack poo poo. I know some people avoid Flonase because its a steroid, but i think there is another nasal spray that is non steroidal.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

keevo posted:

That used to be my go-to Costco. You're talking about how the line wraps around the entire gas station? That made it a bit easier but they really need to expand it to 3 pumps per lane instead of 2.

Yep, wrap around with a S turn in the middle of the line. I know they need the space, but it's still so dumb. I haven't been there in a bit, so hopefully it's better now.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

skooma512 posted:

That's loratadine aka Claratin, which I understand to be allergy pill fake news. It might raise the noise floor of allergies but if it's a bad day it's not gonna do poo poo.

Benadryl aka diphehydramine is still the king for me as even half the recommended dose will stop my allergies. It'll mess you up though :catdrugs:

There's also fexofenadine (allegra) which I wasn't impressed with and is expensive even in generic.

I should give Zyrtec a try.

Claritin-D fucks my poo poo up but Benadryl works, it just makes me tired for the first few days of using it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This thread convinced me to go to costco as I needed gas anyway but I figured I'd step in and grab lunch, too.

Not even 4 bucks for a refillable drink, a sizable hot dog and some frozen yogurt. God drat, I love you costco.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

binge crotching posted:

Yep, wrap around with a S turn in the middle of the line. I know they need the space, but it's still so dumb. I haven't been there in a bit, so hopefully it's better now.

I have faith in Costco that they’re working on fixing that gas station.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So you guys saying the only cure for my sneezy days is to get doped up and shoot steroids in my nose? :birddrugs:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I just take two Zyrtec a day, one never worked for me. And the Costco ones are so cheap that it really doesn't cost much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

So you guys saying the only cure for my sneezy days is to get doped up and shoot steroids in my nose? :birddrugs:

My nose is buff as hell