Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Crasical posted:

New Kumika, wherein a mistake in restaurant service brings our protagonist to tears.

Nooooooooooooooooooo. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new The Hero's New Stepdad is the Demon Lord

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

This manga is so cute, and the relationship is super wholesome, if a bit rushed (for pretty obvious reasons since I assume the mangaka wanted to have the story be about the home life instead of the initial romance).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat you, part-timer!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahahaha, another chapter of Magical Girl Granny, I don't know how long the gimmick can hold but if they keep writing it like this chapter I could stick around for the long haul for it, and I'm generally not one for magical girl series, but this is great. :allears:

edit: assuming, of course, that "the end" is just the end of this chapter or whatever. the twitter post for the original had like 80,000 retweets so I'd say it'd not be a good move to duck out of a potential goldmine like that.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 16, 2019

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm torn between wanting to enjoy it and hoping the scanlator slips on an icy sidewalk and breaks his penis

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Crasical posted:

New Kumika, wherein a mistake in restaurant service brings our protagonist to tears.

That is a big oof alright...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm torn between wanting to enjoy it and hoping the scanlator slips on an icy sidewalk and breaks his penis

Does anyone know any others to ask? Or enough Japanese to take over, and call themselves "Stop 'Stop islamisation of eu'"

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Also, "Islamize EU" would be a good alternative. Anyway, I'm super digging the magical girl granny manga. It is very good magical granny is extremely adorable.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Mizore. Yakumo is a sweet girl; she and Rin deserve each other.
And another chapter of invasive Cockroach girl where-in we meet a new person for her to freeload off of.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Brought To You By posted:

And another chapter of invasive Cockroach girl where-in we meet a new person for her to freeload off of.

Pfffft, Mizore is playing Ice Climbers and Rin is playing Bayonetta.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Two more Senryu Girl
First the gang takes a trip to the ice rink and then stop by a buffet.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
One more kumika

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

!
Only one or two left!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I'm rooting for these guys, 100%. :shobon:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By posted:

Aw, that was a sweet chapter.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

MY BOY.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Captain Invictus posted:

Aw, that was a sweet chapter.

Liking how they mirrored Mizore's sunflower moment with Rin.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The very last Kumika.

I really wasn't expecting them to turn it into an isekai at the last second.

EDIT: also:

Helvetica Scans posted:

And done! Thank all of you for reading this fantastic little series with us!

We started working on this series 2 years ago which is mostly due to a lot of problems over the lifespan of the project. I hope our commitment in the second half of the series made up for that a bit. Huge thanks to both Ruggia and Kiri for being the driving forces behind us actually being as productive as we were. But of course also to everyone else on the team. Every day I’m so happy to be able to work together on manga with all these nerds.

Now about that secret release that I teased before:
The author of Kumika recently started a new manga! We are going jump on that right away and will release the first chapter of that this time tomorrow.

---
Title: Looking up to Magical Girls

Teaser image: https://i.imgur.com/8lrZE0n.jpg

Synopsis: Hiiragi Utena, a girl who loves Magical Girls, lives her ordinary everyday life wishing to be like them. One day a curious character appears in front of her and offers her the power to make her wishes come true, but… Magical Girls vs. The Forces of Evil, the fierce battle begins!
---

Just to temper your expectations a bit: it’s a bit different from Kumika and has a pretty bad release schedule in Japanese. But it would be great if some of you could check it out tomorrow. I for one can’t wait until I see all of you reacting to it. See you then!

Link to the Mangadex Page: https://mangadex.org/title/36283/looking-up-to-magical-girls/

Crasical fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 17, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

One curious upshot of waiting until manga is finished being published or scanlated is that I end up looking forward to manga finishing - and I've definitely been looking forward to this one!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I think this may count? A cute manga involving a random Emperor Penguin living with a high school girl and her family.

https://manganelo.com/chapter/emperor_to_issho/chapter_1

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

another two new Senryu Girl

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I’m really worried about the scanlator of kitsune wife, I think they just translate as an excuse to bitch about their life in the notes

In other news: sky is blue

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Kumika good, ending bad

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Source?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Pharmacist's Monologue
An explosion in a warehouse, could it be an enemy attack?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So the first chapter of the new manga by the Kumika author dropped and it's pretty lewd, definitely a strong departure from Kumika.

I'm kind of in on the premise, with vaguely reminds me of that Black General manga, so I wanna see where it goes.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Crasical posted:

So the first chapter of the new manga by the Kumika author dropped and it's pretty lewd, definitely a strong departure from Kumika.

I'm kind of in on the premise, with vaguely reminds me of that Black General manga, so I wanna see where it goes.

So that's the direction it's going.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

"Leaderess" is a very, ah, interesting choice of made-up words on the translator's part.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Went to a bookstore after the first time in forever, was really shocked to find that a series I'd followed called Gleipnir had gotten an english translation. It wasn't a particularly great series but the premise is that the main character Shuichi finds that he can turn into a mascot-like figure one day and is desperate to find out why. Only for one of his classmates to confront him about it and long story short she winds up wearing his mascot form in a search for her sister. So definitely something that's quite surreal and it's also getting an anime so I guess it's time to pick this back up.

Crasical posted:

I couldn't peg it for a bit since it's not translated, but this magical girl series reminds me of something yenpress is picking up. Story called 'Divine Raiment Magical Girl Howling Moon' and the way it was explained to me; the main character and her friend were abducted by an evil organization and made into a magical girls much in the same way showa era kamen riders were transformed. MC didn't manage to break free and winds up sympathizing with the bad guys to fight for them or something like that. Also her boss is a lovecraftian horror and the art is by the High School of the Dead illustrator.

With these and the small number of Otome light novels I see coming out, I wonder how popular this idea of "tell the story from the perspective of the bad girl" is?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

It's hard to believe that's the Kumika mangaka's next project, with how gross it is. I mean, it's not just way pervy compared to Kumika, but also the whole "main character is getting blackmailed to do pervy stuff for the only male character" thing feels extremely gross.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also, highschooler(?) with S&M powers and X-shaped pasties being her only chest covering. The concept is not very original either, "good guy gets turned into bad guy and finds they like it" is a tale as old as time. The way kumika ended made me think they were sick of it (if the translated authors notes at the end of it are any indication, as well as any other plot threads abruptly dropping and the ending being blase as gently caress) and wanted to move on to their true passion: skeevy magical girl parody

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah this is a bit of a radical departure.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They were right in getting bored with Kumika.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 19, 2019

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It should've ended with truck-kun as the beginning of an isekai food manga.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Gloomy Rube posted:

It's hard to believe that's the Kumika mangaka's next project, with how gross it is. I mean, it's not just way pervy compared to Kumika, but also the whole "main character is getting blackmailed to do pervy stuff for the only male character" thing feels extremely gross.

Venalita is male?

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Funny yakuza in live magical girl show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two more Senryu Girl
The gang want to do some stargazing.
Prez stacked the whole deck! I really like these convoluted ways to get Nanako and Eiji alone together. Also, poor Astronomy's club president dog. You'll learn tricks one day, blasted aliens.