Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
The only thing I don't like about it is that it kinda wiggles its way out of position. It doesn't click on to the Switch as well as a real joy con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

American McGay posted:

The reason to use a hori joycon is if you want to play a precise 2D platformer and you don't like the "dpad" solution on a regular joycon. It shouldn't be used as a replacement for a standard Nintendo joycon in any other instance.

drat, Im hoping my $6 can of contact cleaner fixes my real joy con then cause it not im dropping another $40 and on a replacement. I still like the dpad though and can see myself using it for the classic games and stuff like mega man and Hallow Knight so I guess it wasnt a total waste.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Hori DPad joycon is great if what you want is a real dpad. Its really good for that. Everything else it really doesnt do (battery, NFC, HD Vibration, etc)

I played through Broforce and Sonic Mania with mine and it was fantastic.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Shart Carbuncle posted:

The only thing I don't like about it is that it kinda wiggles its way out of position. It doesn't click on to the Switch as well as a real joy con.

I have it in my Satisfye grip, it seemed a little tight getting it in there, but once it was in I didnt notice a wiggle.

Edit: Thanks for the help again guys, I hate asking questions on here that could be answered with Google, but I trust you guys arent paid advertisements and I always get good advice

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 16, 2019

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Sorry for the double post, Im a moron. Switch is fun though

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 16, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Theres like a million BOTW man-hours in this page alone

Well yeah, that's basically one playthrough.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

baba is a bad game

*beats a level*

baba is a good game!

*faces new level*

I'm sorry to inform the thread that baba is you is a definite DONT BUY

:negative:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Did someone say anime?

You bought Refle twice...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've not had any problems playing games on the Hori joycon. It just works. All the fancy sensors are on the right joycon and the Switch has a gyroscope it uses in handheld mode.

E: Japanese release when it seemed like it would be one of those Japan only titles, then the English release because pointing google translate at the Switch (which probably contributed to the longer playtime) was quite annoying.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

It's my daughter that plays Fortnite. Super swear.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://imgur.com/gallery/58bBc43

By the way, the contact cleaner thing is only a temporary workaround. The Joycons are failing like N64 controllers with connectors wearing down.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Dehry posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/58bBc43

By the way, the contact cleaner thing is only a temporary workaround. The Joycons are failing like N64 controllers with connectors wearing down.

More bad news, im guessing the new ones wear out as fast as the launch ones. To be Gods perfect console, there sure are a lot of flaws that we have to deal with. I would just use the pro controller in TV mode only but by daughter likes to take it where ever she goes so at least 2 working joycons are a must for me. Personally, I have been using my launch Dreamcast way more than my Switch lately and have had not issue with any of the controllers I have.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 16, 2019

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The drifting in mine went away by itself and I'm at a loss to explain why other than, I dunno... firmware updates? No idea, really.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Does joycon drift show up in the controller test menu or is there an easy in game example I can use to test for it? I've literally never encountered it in my 2+ years of gaming but I also just might not be perceptive enough to notice.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

American McGay posted:

Does joycon drift show up in the controller test menu or is there an easy in game example I can use to test for it? I've literally never encountered it in my 2+ years of gaming but I also just might not be perceptive enough to notice.

My five year old said mario was walking on his own. I booted up BOTW and sure enough, if you hit up on the analog just right Link starts walking on his own and doesnt stop until you hit another direction. I dont know how long she has been dealing with it.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

loudog999 posted:

More bad news, im guessing the new ones wear out as fast as the launch ones. To be Gods perfect console, there sure are a lot of flaws that we have to deal with. I would just use the pro controller in TV mode only but by daughter likes to take it where ever she goes so at least 2 working joycons are a must for me. Personally, I have been using my launch Dreamcast way more than my Switch lately and have had not issue with any of the controllers I have.

What Dreamcast games you playing

Dreamcast controller is my most comfortable controller

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I took a video of my Switch having the drifting issue. You can definitely see it in the control stick menu.

https://imgur.com/mqYs5n7

This happened on two separate left joycons, both my launch and the first Grey set I bought on sale a couple months later. I have a third yellow pair but the right directional button feels off so I wasn't using it a whole lot.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Contact cleaner is a temp fix, but it can be reapplied. I've done it twice now.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lmao at the "big old book" labo vr example

how dare you, nintendo :argh:

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

What Dreamcast games you playing

Dreamcast controller is my most comfortable controller

dynamite cop tonight, I have been playing some of the 2k games, they are so much fun cause they are all just arcade games that you dont have to invest too much time into. Ive been thinking about Skies of Arcadia but heard the Gamecube version is probably the better one.

Edit: I never had a Dreamcast until years later when they went on deep discount. If I got one of these things on launch and played all of these amazing games as they came out.. I could see me being a Sega guy now instead of Nintendo. It had so many great games. Also, do you have any suggestion for a game that I may have missed?

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 16, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Buy Chu Chu Rocket right motherfucking now and then find three people willing to play with you.

Beyond that go to the retrogaming thread and post about genres you like because otherwise I will just start filling this thread

Barudak fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 16, 2019

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/1118035141564088321

Am I late to the party? Oh well, here's my wall of shame.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Barudak posted:

Buy Chu Chu Rocket right motherfucking now and then find three people willing to play with you.

Beyond that go to the retrogaming thread and post about genres you like because otherwise I will just start filling this thread

Thought for a second Chu Chu Rocket was out on Switch and was ready to purchase immediately :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I don't have a Twitter, so:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fortnite is my number one played game.:suicide:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Thought for a second Chu Chu Rocket was out on Switch and was ready to purchase immediately :(

Ill only stop posting if I die or they release Chu Chu Rocket

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fortnite is my number one played game.:suicide:

Same 😢

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

PORTABLE

POWER STONE

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm surprised Gunhouse isn't higher up my list, I feel like I've poured days into that game across several months.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Make Powerstone 3 you goddamn cowards

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

loudog999 posted:

dynamite cop tonight, I have been playing some of the 2k games, they are so much fun cause they are all just arcade games that you dont have to invest too much time into. Ive been thinking about Skies of Arcadia but heard the Gamecube version is probably the better one.

Edit: I never had a Dreamcast until years later when they went on deep discount. If I got one of these things on launch and played all of these amazing games as they came out.. I could see me being a Sega guy now instead of Nintendo. It had so many great games. Also, do you have any suggestion for a game that I may have missed?

Absolutely get the Gamecube version of Skies of Arcadia over the DC version. The encounter rate is much less brutal.

As for other games;

• Tech Romancer
  • Power Stone 1&2
  • Crazy Taxi 1&2
  • Soul Calibur
  • Dead or Alive 2
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • Space Channel 5
  • Grandia II
  • JET SET RADIOOOOOOO! :byodood:
  • Capcom vs SNK
  • ecco the Dolphin
  • Headhunter
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Barudak posted:

Make Powerstone 3 you goddamn cowards

Seriously Capcom; how you not gone back to the loving well and made a new Powerstone game in twenty-goddamn-years? It's ripe for Switch multiplayer at the very least, nevermind online play.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Wow, I forgot which dev even makes that game :downsbravo:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Absolutely get the Gamecube version of Skies of Arcadia over the DC version. The encounter rate is much less brutal.

As for other games;

• Tech Romancer
  • Power Stone 1&2
  • Crazy Taxi 1&2
  • Soul Calibur
  • Dead or Alive 2
  • Marvel vs Capcom 2
  • Space Channel 5
  • Grandia II
  • JET SET RADIOOOOOOO! :byodood:
  • Capcom vs SNK
  • ecco the Dolphin
  • Headhunter
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Seriously Capcom; how you not gone back to the loving well and made a new Powerstone game in twenty-goddamn-years? It's ripe for Switch multiplayer at the very least, nevermind online play.

How the HELL did you miss Shenmue

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Hey Folt, does the Max Rupees Glitch still work in the Switch edition or did it get patched out? I would play Hyrule Warriors again potentially but only if that still works for way easier/quicker progression.

It won't work because the Switch is a much more powerful machine compared to the Wii U which is what allowed for the glitch to exist in the first place. However, the difficulty on the maps themselves have been tweaked and Rupee costs for lv. 1 to 99 training have effectively been halved. A character around the 99-150 range with a powerful Lv. 4/4+ weapon (depending on certain factors like how good/knowledgeable you are with the character and your familiarity with the missions themselves) should be able to comfortably S rank even the lategame missions.

Oh, and I guess here's my list of games I've played for the longest time in order:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/1118050834632167424

I spent over 500 hours into Fire Emblem Warriors so that is unsurprisingly at the very top. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition comes next at over 225 hours. Third is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at over 140 hours, then Octopath at over 120 hours, and finally Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at 5th place. Honorable mention goes to Mario + Rabbids which netted 6th place and a solid 95 hours or more spent on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alan_Shore posted:

How the HELL did you miss Shenmue

HD versions of Shenmue came out last year, just uh not on Switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Folt The Bolt posted:

It won't work because the Switch is a much more powerful machine compared to the Wii U which is what allowed for the glitch to exist in the first place. However, the difficulty on the maps themselves have been tweaked and Rupee costs for lv. 1 to 99 training have effectively been halved. A character around the 99-150 range with a powerful Lv. 4/4+ weapon (depending on certain factors like how good/knowledgeable you are with the character and your familiarity with the missions themselves) should be able to comfortably S rank even the lategame missions.

Oh, and I guess here's my list of games I've played for the longest time in order:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/1118050834632167424

I spent over 500 hours into Fire Emblem Warriors so that is unsurprisingly at the very top. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition comes next at over 225 hours. Third is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at over 140 hours, then Octopath at over 120 hours, and finally Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at 5th place. Honorable mention goes to Mario + Rabbids which netted 6th place and a solid 95 hours or more spent on it.

You played the OPT demo more than the actual game?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

They'll live to regret this!

Shenmue would be perfect for the Switch.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I know but you can get most of the games on that list on steam right now as well. If you have a Dreamcast, track down Shenmue!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Heath posted:

You played the OPT demo more than the actual game?

No. The demo (both of them) are quite a few games down. I have played it more than some actual games though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I would make everyone around me insane with a Switch version of Chu Chu Rocket.