Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blast Fantasto posted:

One of the best things about his roast is George Takei’s real life irritation at Shatner bleeding in to his bit.

“I always wanted to say this: Bill, gently caress you and the horse you rode in on.”

Made better by the fact that Shatner rode into the roast on an actual horse (musically accompanied by "Ride, Captain, Ride").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Danaru posted:

There was an episode of Voyager where Seven thinks a guy medically experimented on her while she was under anesthesia, and when accused, the guy flips poo poo and flies away as fast as possible, then dies because he pushed his warp engine too hard and it exploded.

Then it turns out she dreamt it and it was her memory of getting Borg'd, and the moral of the episode seems to be "if you think you were taken advantage of, maybe you just dreamt it and your false accusation will kill an innocent man!" and I had to immediately go online to see if I had missed something or if that actually loving happened.

There is a lot of Voyager and Enterprise that has aged poorly.

Enterprise has a Vulcan basically force a mind meld on another Vulcan (a woman), then lets the guy go, and it turns out later that this gave her space HIV thanks to a cross-promotional HIV awareness package the network forced on their shows.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Enterprise has a Vulcan basically force a mind meld on another Vulcan (a woman), then lets the guy go, and it turns out later that this gave her space HIV thanks to a cross-promotional HIV awareness package the network forced on their shows.

VIV, surely?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Trump fans and republicans seem pretty cavalier about dismissing victims and assault allegations in the present. I feel like there used to be a pretense of theoretically respecting victims if they were the exact right kind or whatever, but the quiet part got a lot louder after they realized nobody gave a poo poo about Trump’s Billy Bush interview.

As seen with Biden, it's a pretty common attitude on either side of the aisle. Hell, people still insist Franken was set up.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As seen with Biden, it's a pretty common attitude on either side of the aisle. Hell, people still insist Franken was set up.

One side has a enormous national news network stumping for said sentiment while the other has a few clueless dudebros on twitter. Guess which are which!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ryonguy posted:

One side has a enormous national news network stumping for said sentiment while the other has a few clueless dudebros on twitter. Guess which are which!

Both have enormous national news networks though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Both have enormous national news networks though.

CNN and MSNBC haven’t gone full out “sexual assault is fine” though

At least I don’t think they have?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oh, honey.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Blue Moonlight posted:

Voyager wasn't even good when it first aired.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Alhazred posted:

Voyager wasn't even good when it first aired.

Yeah, but Captain Ed Mercer was on the Voyager

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ryonguy posted:

The majority of people I’ve seen defending Franken and Biden are middle aged women

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Blue Moonlight posted:

Didn't one of the Trek movies have Spock (?) force a mindmeld on another Vulcan and it was presented as a drastic, violent act? Was it the Undiscovered Country?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They haven’t mostly, there has been some opinion pieces about it but opinion pieces are objectively terrible

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Any future sci-fi show set in Paris that had a shot of Notre-Dame. :smith:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

nonathlon posted:

Didn't one of the Trek movies have Spock (?) force a mindmeld on another Vulcan and it was presented as a drastic, violent act? Was it the Undiscovered Country?

Yeah, Spock forced a mind-meld on Valeris to uncover the identities of the other conspirators. It was brutal. She trembled and cried.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

ryonguy posted:

Why did I have to find out here, of all places?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can we officially blame Quasimodo for this?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ryonguy posted:

I know nothing about architecture and laws but can't they just rebuild it exactly due to historic significance?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

I know nothing about architecture and laws but can't they just rebuild it exactly due to historic significance?

yeah but it's going to be, uh, expensive to accurately rebuild a thousand year old gothic cathedral

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Notre flame lmbo

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Notre flame lmbo

Flame doesn't even rhyme with Notre Dame.

It should be Notre Flambe

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

luxury handset posted:

yeah but it's going to be, uh, expensive to accurately rebuild a thousand year old gothic cathedral

I just assumed the Catholic Church would throw some of their infinite money at it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Notre flame lmbo

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Disney's Hunchback certainly had a whole lot of fire imagery. I almost wonder if they'll keep it off the streaming service for a little while. Not like anyone died or whatever, but... I dunno, maybe it's just too fresh right now and it won't really be a big deal in a few months.

Also you can drat well bet they wanted to get around to a remake eventually. That could get a little dicey.

"Had a little trouble with the fireplace..."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

oldpainless posted:

Notre flame lmbo

More like olddameless

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sir Lemming posted:

Disney's Hunchback certainly had a whole lot of fire imagery. I almost wonder if they'll keep it off the streaming service for a little while. Not like anyone died or whatever, but... I dunno, maybe it's just too fresh right now and it won't really be a big deal in a few months.

Also you can drat well bet they wanted to get around to a remake eventually. That could get a little dicey.

This is the major decision moment for Disney: Would it be in bad taste to recreate the entire cathedral with CGI and if so, how badly would it harm the box office return?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

christmas boots posted:

This is the major decision moment for Disney: Would it be in bad taste to recreate the entire cathedral with CGI and if so, how badly would it harm the box office return?

I read this in Ted Wassanasongs voice.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Some French billionaire (who's also Selma Hayek's husband) has pledged 100 million dollars to fix it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

The majority of people I’ve seen defending Franken and Biden are middle aged women

thanks for making sure either way it's women's fault

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
52% of white women voted for Trump. :shrug:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sir Lemming posted:

It was actually announced in January

http://collider.com/hunchback-of-notre-dame-live-action-remake/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Laterite posted:

Yes by all means let's relitigate the 2016 election yet again, surely the "TV episodes that did not age well" thread will be the place where the one single right answer is finally discovered

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Don Gato posted:

Flame doesn't even rhyme with Notre Dame.

In America it does. Most Americans say:
'Note-er Dame,'
with Dame being pronounced exactly like a lady Knight, like Dame Judi Dench.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DrBouvenstein posted:

In America it does. Most Americans say:
'Note-er Dame,'
with Dame being pronounced exactly like a lady Knight, like Dame Judi Dench.

Actually it's because we pronounce flame like "flom".

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Noter Daym is the football school Notre Dame is the cathedral

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Laterite posted:

Just wait until you find out what white men did!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

Just wait until you find out what white men did!!

I'm tired of this clickbait bullshit.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Do you want to save 16% or more on your car insurance by switching to Geico or don’t you?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

They horny for creepy uncle Joe. Same thing happened with Bill Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A lot of people still think Bernie ruined it for Hillary, so there is a strong desire for a charismatic non-Bernie candidate.

Some people really think Joe Biden is that guy.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 00:36 on Apr 17, 2019