Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Hughlander posted:

Probably was in the 60s too it just wasn't note worthy.

I understood it to be a symptom of mental deterioration and aging since the book 50 Year Mission (where I got all this from) didn't make any note of him doing that earlier in his life. He was a cop though....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The big season 3 reveal is that Klyden is actually Molly O'Brien

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

shame on an IGA posted:

The big season 3 reveal is that Klyden is actually Molly O'Brien

I think you mean Keiko. Molly's the daughter.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

I think you mean Keiko. Molly's the daughter.

Apparently the new DS9 documentary has a storyboarded episode where Molly is grown up and part of Starfleet so it's not impossible!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Apparently the new DS9 documentary has a storyboarded episode where Molly is grown up and part of Starfleet so it's not impossible!

Man they're still making that thing? I remember it was going to be released like two years ago.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

skooma512 posted:

Man they're still making that thing? I remember it was going to be released like two years ago.

yeah it comes out May 13 and it looks great as hell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LPDX6uqSM

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There is a trailer for it, it looks really good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Here's a shot of the animated storyboard showing Starfleet Molly (And Captain Dax apparently?)

also lucky IndieGogo backers got hands-down the greatest t-shirt of all time:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

also lucky IndieGogo backers got hands-down the greatest t-shirt of all time:

I'm jealous because I really want this shirt.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Han Nehi posted:

:murder:

someone make this a moclan head and change the text to "divorce"

edit: :klyden:

Well a moclan divorce would also involve :ese:

Dolly Parton was a great choice for this episode not just because of her feminism theme in that song, but she herself is one of the most LGBT friendly people in country music (and you can count those on like 2 hands).

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
the smallest, most infinitesimal niggle i have is did not deadpool 2 already do this joke?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

lol but seriously posted:

the smallest, most infinitesimal niggle i have is did not deadpool 2 already do this joke?

I wouldn't have realised without you pointing it out, but clearly the only solution is for Ryan Reynolds to go on the Orville and punch Seth right in the face.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Beachcomber posted:

I wouldn't have realised without you pointing it out, but clearly the only solution is for Ryan Reynolds to go on the Orville and punch Seth right in the face.

We already had one new security officer !

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh i almost forgot, i should post the link to the trailer for that DS9 Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LPDX6uqSM

I hope they get some Ds9 actors on The Orville at some point.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

twistedmentat posted:

Oh i almost forgot, i should post the link to the trailer for that DS9 Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LPDX6uqSM

I hope they get some Ds9 actors on The Orville at some point.

...you know who plays Dr. Finn, right?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Astroman posted:

Dolly Parton was a great choice for this episode not just because of her feminism theme in that song, but she herself is one of the most LGBT friendly people in country music (and you can count those on like 2 hands).

Ah that explains why my gay neighbors love Dolly.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dolly Parton is just straight up one of the coolest people ever, for real

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
She loves everybody and gives tons of money to help out poor people. So go to Dollywood and buy poo poo you fuckers!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Astroman posted:

I will say that while that was definately more true in the past, more and more country music singers arr LGBT friendly now. Dolly was one of the first ones though, along with Willie Nelson, the Dixie Chicks, and Wynona Judd.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Willie Nelson smokes way too much weed to have a negative opinion on anything though :v:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Epicurius posted:

I will say that while that was definately more true in the past, more and more country music singers arr LGBT friendly now. Dolly was one of the first ones though, along with Willie Nelson, the Dixie Chicks, and Wynona Judd.

Yeah but the dixie chicks canceled themselves (among country fans) for committing the heinous crime of saying "hey, George w. Bush might be doing bad things"

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah but the dixie chicks canceled themselves (among country fans) for committing the heinous crime of saying "hey, George w. Bush might be doing bad things"

Gay liberal country fan here, so.... :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cojawfee posted:

Only goes to show how badly the DNC hosed up, poor white people used to vote D extremely consistently

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's starting to change as candidates are starting to tour around rural America and actually talking to people instead of just taking a picture next to some poors for the website.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Answer the question, twistedmentat.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Only goes to show how badly the DNC hosed up, poor white people used to vote D extremely consistently

Yeah if only they had kept that racism thing going?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dietrich posted:

Yeah if only they had kept that racism thing going?

Noted racists Al Gore and Jimmy Carter, question mark?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Delsuional people believe that Andrew Jackson is literally the same as modern Democrats.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

precision posted:

Noted racists Al Gore and Jimmy Carter, question mark?

I'm assuming he means if they didn't back the Civil Rights Act of 1964 leading to the "Southern Strategy" of 1968.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Delsuional people believe that Andrew Jackson is literally the same as modern Democrats.

I dare a trump voter to tell me a single thing about Andrew Jackson, including that he's on a $20 bill

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cojawfee posted:

Same but Lincoln and modern Republicans

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My favorite is when hardcore Christian republicans invoke Thomas Jefferson, a man who said that parts of the New Testament were "the product of clearly inferior minds"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I meant from the main cast. I could totally see Nana Visitor being Talla's mother.

precision posted:

Check out the Southern Stratagy for that. Poor whites tend to be super racist, so Republicans took advantage of that. During Civil Rights, either Southern Dems became Republicans or were defeated by Anti Civil Rights Republicans.

Dolly is great, so many women I know love the poo poo out of her. I was talking to my mom and she mentioned how she was in another room and heard 9 to 5 playing and came in and my dad was watching The Orville and she watched it purely because of that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Does anyone have any idea when we will know if this show is renewed for another season?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

precision posted:

My favorite is when hardcore Christian republicans invoke Thomas Jefferson, a man who said that parts of the New Testament were "the product of clearly inferior minds"

You do understand you can agree with some things a person said without having to agree with everything a person said right?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Does anyone have any idea when we will know if this show is renewed for another season?

Nope. We'll know when they tell us. Should be soon, though. Upfronts are usually in May.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

You do understand you can agree with some things a person said without having to agree with everything a person said right?

Not on the internet.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ChesterJT posted:

But they're not doing that. They're assuming that the American Founders held Evangelical Christian beliefs and therefore must have thought the Bible was infallible, which simply isn't true.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ChesterJT posted:

Lol, welcome to the internet, this must be your first day.

We have such horrors in store for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ChesterJT posted:

Sure, and you do understand that hardcore Christian republicans invoke him as someone who was a super soldier for Jesus and have never bothered to find out he was a Deist who flatly denied the Bible having a divine origin, something that if you said it in church today would get you thrown out?