Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

Really? My Aurelia is about level 50 and she basically rules since level 15. She was pretty good the whole time because I chose the Frost tree first. I found her about as simple as Jack in this regard, consistently strong more or less the whole time. CL4P-TP on the other hand :sigh:

Boomtrap is fairly easy leveling, as long as you take Maniacal Laughter first. All you need is a frost weapon, a multi barrel and/or Torgue shotgun (ideally a Hulk, Ravager, or Flakker if you're super lucky), and a Tediore SMG/laser. Two Scoops is huge for this build; it will last you until you get another Two Scoops in TVHM. It's kinda bad at bosses but a Tediore throwing weapon should get you past them.

Start with something like this, then fill in Start With A Bang, then go up the middle tree. The randomness tree sucks while leveling anyway.

I felt like Claptrap's huge innate healing made him a lot more durable while leveling than even ostensibly tanky characters like Wilhelm or Athena. He falls off hard later on because of the anti-synergy between his left and right trees and the fact that Vaulthunter.exe gets worse the more talents you have, but he's fine in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Oh god, kiling the evil wizard in Tina DLC got me two awesome items. Yellow item Ballances Slagga SMG, and some yellow grenades that regen and cause a mino apocalypse where it explode. I think I am set weaponwise for a long time. If I was steamrolling before, with this in my arsenal I am a force of nature.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Cease to Hope posted:

Boomtrap is fairly easy leveling, as long as you take Maniacal Laughter first. All you need is a frost weapon, a multi barrel and/or Torgue shotgun (ideally a Hulk, Ravager, or Flakker if you're super lucky), and a Tediore SMG/laser. Two Scoops is huge for this build; it will last you until you get another Two Scoops in TVHM. It's kinda bad at bosses but a Tediore throwing weapon should get you past them.

Start with something like this, then fill in Start With A Bang, then go up the middle tree. The randomness tree sucks while leveling anyway.

I felt like Claptrap's huge innate healing made him a lot more durable while leveling than even ostensibly tanky characters like Wilhelm or Athena. He falls off hard later on because of the anti-synergy between his left and right trees and the fact that Vaulthunter.exe gets worse the more talents you have, but he's fine in the meantime.

You are always at the mercy of vaulthunter.exe though I find. He has lots of passive damage boosts, and cryo+exp is basically good for the majority of characters in TPS (even wilhelm with the laser disker) If you start going down the right side tree you end up adding another layer of RNG to your life. That said I like Claptrap and his gimmick, but sometimes he just isn't the most competitive/consistent. You can only roll Gun Wizard and Pirate Ship so many times when you need it before you roll Torgue Fiesta when your teammates are rocking a longbow 0 fuse bonus package while aiming at the ground, or Rubber Ducky/Sal Gunzerking when people are down.

I like his gimmick, but there are more competitive options out there.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

NofrikinfuN posted:

All future Borderlands bosses should be given the Bossanova treatment.

:hmmyes:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

You are always at the mercy of vaulthunter.exe though I find. He has lots of passive damage boosts, and cryo+exp is basically good for the majority of characters in TPS (even wilhelm with the laser disker) If you start going down the right side tree you end up adding another layer of RNG to your life. That said I like Claptrap and his gimmick, but sometimes he just isn't the most competitive/consistent. You can only roll Gun Wizard and Pirate Ship so many times when you need it before you roll Torgue Fiesta when your teammates are rocking a longbow 0 fuse bonus package while aiming at the ground, or Rubber Ducky/Sal Gunzerking when people are down.

I like his gimmick, but there are more competitive options out there.

On my time with TPS, having a claptrap around was always awesome and helpfull.

Hope that helps.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
On the other hand Claptrap post BL1 is lame, bad, unfunny and painfully forced into everything.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Nearing the end of TVHM and my buddy and I's double-Claptrap run. I'm 2 levels from pirate ship, he's already got it, and it's generally going fine. though neither of us have any points in the far-right tree yet and we're both L46.

Vaulthunter.exe is fine and funny.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
He's an acquired taste I'd say, the inconsistency is the issue. The only thing that you can be sure of is that when you activation your action package you regain health. I've played through Aurelia and Jack who I find to be much more helpful, Jack is broken though :swoon: I'm doing Athena now and I really like her.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Risky Bisquick posted:

You can only roll Gun Wizard and Pirate Ship so many times when you need it before you roll Torgue Fiesta when your teammates are rocking a longbow 0 fuse bonus package while aiming at the ground, or Rubber Ducky/Sal Gunzerking when people are down.

I don't play co-op at all ever, so take my comments with that grain of salt.

I look at vh.exe as a large self-heal that may or may not do some questionably useful bullshit on the side. As long as you don't spec into Clap-In-The-Box, the only really detrimental package while solo is Meat Unicycle. (Why can't he throw his axe like Krieg?) Combine that with Claptrap's large bonuses to the kinds of guns you already wanted to use while leveling anyway, and he's fine.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I've hit a really bad spot in BL1.

Playing a character that only completed normal+DLC a year or two ago and now hitting bumpy roads in TVHM. I'm out-leveling all of the enemies, but I'm not getting any good gear so my only real damage is punching fists of awesome with 30 seconds of downtime between uses.

:sigh:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Get the skill that lets explosive damage dealt decrease the cooldown time on berserk.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yeah, combining that with an explosive shotgun/full automatic will help you through the rough spot, even if they do trash damage.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Really the trick with Brick is that his explosives skill tree is downright broken once his skill skills activate. And then if you supplement it with his melee tree he becomes downright unstoppable. Who needs a healing shield when you can drop a berserker rampage and heal back everything in seconds while your explosive fists kill everything around you?

I started a BL2 playthrough as Zero with the community patch. The first thing I've noticed is that drop rates are a lot quicker now and there's a better spread of quality across the loot drops.
I don't know if it will fix the late game issues of rabid enemies or being vastly overleveled ensuring your loot drops are useless, but so far it's pretty good! I'm going all Sniper build on Zero after I went Ninja assassin with my last playthrough.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 16, 2019

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Really the trick with Brick is that his explosives skill tree is downright broken once his skill skills activate. And then if you supplement it with his melee tree he becomes downright unstoppable. Who needs a healing shield when you can drop a berserker rampage and heal back everything in seconds while your explosive fists kill everything around you?

I started a BL2 playthrough as Zero with the community patch. The first thing I've noticed is that drop rates are a lot quicker now and there's a better spread of quality across the loot drops.
I don't know if it will fix the late game issues of rabid enemies or being vastly overleveled ensuring your loot drops are useless, but so far it's pretty good! I'm going all Sniper build on Zero after I went Ninja assassin with my last playthrough.

I'm doing a sniper Zero run right now as well. It's amazing how much easier it is to hit your mark when the scope isn't drifting all over the place. I'm even enjoying run-ins with Buzzards with him.

What I'm not enjoying is threshers. Why do they have pinpoint accuracy at a mile distance, the ability to move fast, hide and apparently hides made out of steel? Also, no easily discernible critical spots.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wait until you find a badass fire Thresher.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
:shrug: If somehow someone here doesn't have BL1 enhanced yet, it's $7 at Amazon :shrug:

It's a little brown, but it's still decent. Also don't accidentally get the older GotY/not-enhanced, it's also $7.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wait until you find a badass fire Thresher.

lol I forgot about that area

Holy moly does that fight suck

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

NofrikinfuN posted:

lol I forgot about that area

Holy moly does that fight suck

It doesn't even matter if you have an inflammable shield, the AOE damage kills your shield two nanoseconds before you're burned to death.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Punching stuff as Brick with explosive fists is fun as hell.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
If Borderlands 3 doesn't let you summon a vehicle anywhere (like Destiny) and/or fast travel from the map I'm going to flip a table.

Yes I just had my truck blown up in the middle of a map with no vehicle spawns for a solid minute of walking

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BinaryDoubts posted:

If Borderlands 3 doesn't let you summon a vehicle anywhere (like Destiny) and/or fast travel from the map I'm going to flip a table.

Yes I just had my truck blown up in the middle of a map with no vehicle spawns for a solid minute of walking

How about getting your vehicle in a position where you're automatically teleported out of the driver's seat even though you absolutely could drive out of your situation? Nope! Gotta get ejected, fall down a chasm and March back to the catch a ride to teleport back to the car.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

In the tiny tina dpl I fought a room full of crystal skeletons (deflect bullets to you), many brown skelletons archers (hard to see in a brown room), invisible teleporting visionary skelletons, tanqui skeltons with a huge shield and 4 of these dudes that are not truly deads until you remove a blade from his back. So much bullshit condensed. But I won. Haha :-)
Lets not do that again.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
gently caress those quests that don’t give the inventory SDUs automatically in play through 2. 10 times on the shock cavern and still no SDU.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I played the poo poo out of BL2 back when it was new-ish and through all the DLC. For some reason I never played and glossed over anarchy Gaige. This feels like cheating.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I played the poo poo out of BL2 back when it was new-ish and through all the DLC. For some reason I never played and glossed over anarchy Gaige. This feels like cheating.

It's not cheating if you SMASH THE SYSTEM :black101:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Bugsy posted:

gently caress those quests that don’t give the inventory SDUs automatically in play through 2. 10 times on the shock cavern and still no SDU.

They aren’t supposed to give an SDU, are they?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just played through the entirety of the Borderlands 1 GOTY Edition on PS4 without a single person joining my game, rip. Should have done the PC version, I guess. Is 2 still active at all on either platform? I have both versions so it's no sweat.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

watho posted:

They aren’t supposed to give an SDU, are they?

Yeah. Didn't you already get it on play through one?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bugsy posted:

I don't recall that quest giving you a backpack upgrade. You get it from fixing the claptrap in there. I'm also not sure if you get additional backpack upgrades in playthrough 2.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Arist posted:

I just played through the entirety of the Borderlands 1 GOTY Edition on PS4 without a single person joining my game, rip. Should have done the PC version, I guess. Is 2 still active at all on either platform? I have both versions so it's no sweat.

BL2 is incredibly active right now, the playerbase jumped up to levels not seen since post release.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/04/11/borderlands-2-steam/

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

BL2 is incredibly active right now, the playerbase jumped up to levels not seen since post release.

https://segmentnext.com/2019/04/11/borderlands-2-steam/

I really wish they cared about this. this is the community they wanna throw a wet turd at for some "publisher money"

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Tei posted:

In the tiny tina dpl I fought a room full of crystal skeletons (deflect bullets to you), many brown skelletons archers (hard to see in a brown room), invisible teleporting visionary skelletons, tanqui skeltons with a huge shield and 4 of these dudes that are not truly deads until you remove a blade from his back. So much bullshit condensed. But I won. Haha :-)
Lets not do that again.

I know that exact room, it is totally my jam :getin: At higher difficulties it’s pretty fun for masochists :v:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

I really wish they cared about this. this is the community they wanna throw a wet turd at for some "publisher money"

i think they expect that community to transfer over to another launcher on the same computer

unrelated to this, does anthony burch know what a sternum is

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Roblo posted:

Yeah. Didn't you already get it on play through one?

So I looked it up and some claptrap rescue quests have a chance to give you SDUs on playthrough 2 which seems very unintentional or at the very least not something that’s worth trying for

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

On Steam it looks like BL2 currently has about 25k players, BL1 Enhanced has about 5.2k players and BLTPS has about 4.1k players. That's right now, though, so the peak numbers today are somewhat (25-50%) higher for all three of them.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, gripped by a terror that they will make tiny tina say "yeet" in b3

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Can’t wait to dab on a bullymong before flossing in celebration.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

same but unironically

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Kaysette posted:

Can’t wait to dab on a bullymong bonerfart before flossing in celebration.
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

BinaryDoubts posted:

waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, gripped by a terror that they will make tiny tina say "yeet" in b3

Also "whips"