Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Wife progress report: She just got to babylon. I recall Babylon being easier than Camelot for some reason, but is it shorter? It seems to have more sections....

I'm pretty sure she'll be fine.

My situation is a bit more dire. I'm now in chapter 9 of Camelot. I won't hesitate to spend a few quartz to do the full-revive on harder fights, though (if anything, it'll be flat-out necessary, since I won't have time to wait 3 days for the handful of really tough fights).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
I am pretty sure you don't have to beat Solomon before the event starts and you will be able to access it as long as you finish it before the event period is over though I might be wrong.

edit: That plus the fact that it will probably won't start this week means you are probably be okay as long as you don't get stonewalled at a specific fight.

Drashin fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 16, 2019

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Babylon is not as challenging as Camelot but it sure is a lot more fun!

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Drashin posted:

I am pretty sure you don't have to beat Solomon before the event starts and you will be able to access it as long as you finish it before the event period is over though I might be wrong.

This is correct, but comes with the caveat that the CCC event itself is quite long both in terms of story and it being very grindy. Get too late a start and you might need to hustle to get through it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Walking into the first Camelot node and immediately getting my poo poo wrecked by a sphinx was a real bitch of a wakeup call, Babylon is practically casual in comparison

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Babylon eases up on the overall difficulty but there are still some challenging boss fights if you aren't prepared.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Babylon is also light on the gimmick fights, where as Camelot is riff with them. There's only one real gimmick you have to deal with in all of Babylonia, and the game both gives you a preview of that fight where you only have to last X rounds, and straight up tells you what the gimmick is before you go into the fight proper.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
I seem to recall that I cleared about half of Babylon with my farming team.

TamaCat, Grailed Spartacus, Arash, Waver, Someone, and Herc soaking bond points.

It gets a little tougher, but not Camelot Knights of the Round silly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Wife progress report: She just got to babylon. I recall Babylon being easier than Camelot for some reason, but is it shorter? It seems to have more sections....

It has more sections but they added story only sections/missions in babylon.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

That feels like damning with faint praise to me. Being a better cook that Gawain isn't exactly the highest of bars to clear, you know.

It would be really, really hilarious if Gawain had a hidden 300% weakness against Benienma specifically because he's such an awful cook that she must punish him rightly.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

So want Birbsaber

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Birb Saber is good civilization.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Captain Baal posted:

I hope all of the knights are dead in LB6 because of the crazy serial killer vampire man and we do something different with the setting other than throw 8 more knights into the mix

My theory is Lostbelt Camelot is a world where Vortigern succeeded at plunging Britain into the Reverse Side of the world, thus keeping the age of myth from ever ending there. It fits thematically with how so far the Lostbelts have seemingly set up a situation where the goal is to keep mankind from leaving the world to reach for the stars, and he's excellent monarch stuff. Who doesn't want to see what they'd do with a Monarch Avenger after all?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just give me another ssr version of mordred i don't care if it's alter or proto or what

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I've been saving up all the gold Embers I've been getting since I finished getting Chacha to max level and now I don't...have any room for more, so I'm doing the Training Grounds instead.

It's kind of interesting to roll through these with 4-stars and seeing what kind of synergies I can get instead of just...smashing everything with 5-stars. Like, Siegfried is really good at clearing the Lancer daily because the boss for it is Liz. And a full NPQQB chain from Yan Qing with Espionage up got me exactly 50 crit stars.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Camelot seems to have a pretty severe split between servants who are total pricks and servants who are my best friends.

edit: This arc also makes me want to summon Sanzang.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 17, 2019

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
All the Hassans kick rear end despite their edgelord appearances.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

There is a reason why Cursed Arm is now and forever known as Hassan of the Bro Fist to me.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
The Hassans are great, Arash is great, Touta is a human rice steamer

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Roger Explosion posted:

All the Hassans kick rear end despite their edgelord appearances.

Naw. First Hassan is a preachy jerk.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

What the gently caress

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

By the way, I have a question about NP damage. Does it matter where you place the NP in the order of attacks? Like if you're doing a Buster NP and two Buster cards, is there a benefit to placing the NP third? I know that normal cards do more damage if later in the chain.

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah that guy is kinda a dickhead, just finished the segment where you talk to him. At least he didn't cut Cursed Arm's head off.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

dogsicle posted:

just give me another ssr version of mordred i don't care if it's alter or proto or what

Mordred Alter would probably be a relaxed and well-adjusted individual who isn't pissed at Artoria because she understands the emotional baggage that keeps her dad closed off and distant isn't her fault.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

first hassan is definitely the lame dad to cursed arm's cool uncle

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 17, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ytlaya posted:

By the way, I have a question about NP damage. Does it matter where you place the NP in the order of attacks? Like if you're doing a Buster NP and two Buster cards, is there a benefit to placing the NP third? I know that normal cards do more damage if later in the chain.

Yeah that guy is kinda a dickhead, just finished the segment where you talk to him. At least he didn't cut Cursed Arm's head off.

All NP cards deal damage like they were the first card in the chain, and they get no damage bonus if the leading card in the chain was a buster. Order only matters for two or three NPs in a row, where the later ones get bonus overcharge.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

NPs aren't affected by card order so their placement should mostly be determined by whether you want to use them as the lead for your chain (since subsequent cards will still get the NP's type bonus) or later in the chain for reasons like switching enemy targets or building more np/stars before using an NP.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
BRING THY HEAD

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How dare you insult Gramps, heads will roll when I get my hands on you.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
After a week of grinding for Gallstones, a grand total of 4 have dropped. On the one hand, I’m glad I rolled many cool Babylonian servants. On the other hand, I need too many gallstones. At least it’s a 21 AP node!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Does the Pre-Event Campaign usually overlap with the actual event? I was just checking and this one is slated to go until the 7th, so we've got more than 3 weeks until then (and the BB event) if so.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

The until the 7th thing is just for the 1/2 AP for the story quests. Everything else with the prerelease campaign ends on the 22nd/23rd.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Crasical posted:

Does the Pre-Event Campaign usually overlap with the actual event? I was just checking and this one is slated to go until the 7th, so we've got more than 3 weeks until then (and the BB event) if so.

On JP, CCC started about 11 days into the pre-event and overlapped with the last few days of the pre-event banners. If they do the same on NA, we'll get the event on the 20th, if not, we'll probably get it on the 23rd when the banners end.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

dogsicle posted:

first hassan is definitely the lame dad to cursed arm's cool uncle

Gramps has Protection of the Faith A+++, which turns Vlad from Extra into a genocidal, holy warrior maniac who falls in love with a cannibalistic juggalo, and all it does

is make him kind of strict

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

brainwrinkle posted:

After a week of grinding for Gallstones, a grand total of 4 have dropped. On the one hand, I’m glad I rolled many cool Babylonian servants. On the other hand, I need too many gallstones. At least it’s a 21 AP node!

I needed Gallstones to ascend Gorgon a while back, so I ran that node a bunch.

After seeing the returns from burning about 4 apples on it, I decided to leave those to the realm of event grinding.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

the_steve posted:

Mordred Alter would probably be a relaxed and well-adjusted individual who isn't pissed at Artoria because she understands the emotional baggage that keeps her dad closed off and distant isn't her fault.

This sounds a lot like Lalter who has rejected the influence of Rhrongmyniad. In fact, I would like to see Lalter have a big part in the Camelot Lost Belt, because she's done nothing for 3 years. Hell, might as well throw Eric Bloodaxe into the story too.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Eighth bond CE

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OnimaruXLR posted:

Gramps has Protection of the Faith A+++, which turns Vlad from Extra into a genocidal, holy warrior maniac who falls in love with a cannibalistic juggalo, and all it does

is make him kind of strict

He dresses like a Dark Souls boss.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

All my quarz are gone, trying to roll for NP2 heroine alter. In retrospect I have no idea why I did that.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Dr Pepper posted:

He dresses like a Dark Souls boss.

If you were cool enough to rock that poo poo as much as he does, wouldn't you ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

genericnick posted:

All my quarz are gone, trying to roll for NP2 heroine alter. In retrospect I have no idea why I did that.

I did the same thing.