Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Observe and Report is massively underrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Observe and Report was one of my favorite theater experiences of all time. the crowd must have either been expecting a light hearted stoner comedy or had gotten confused and thought they were seeing Paul Blart because I’ve never seen an entire audience so unsure whether to laugh or not. Personally I found it hilarious

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The Endless was enjoyable. Cosmic horror, yeah.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Lycus posted:

I lost interest about halfway or so, but the whole drama about whether or not he'll go along with throwing the woman out was so silly. Personal survival isn't about everyone having big muscles, it's about if you have a friend that has your back. If you murder your only friend, you'll be next, no matter how big your muscles are.

That whole sequence cracked me up as a Survivor fan on and off through the years. That was classic early episode in every season stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Every zombie in Black Summer runs funny. From like, brisk jog to noodly armed chasing Justin Bieber around his limo for an autograph.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The Silence is terrible. Just dont do it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Junkie Disease posted:

The Silence is terrible. Just dont do it.

It's beyond bad. The first 75% of it is just bog standard schlock, but holy crap everything with the cult is just open palm, slap yourself in the head stupid.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

veni veni veni posted:

It's beyond bad. The first 75% of it is just bog standard schlock, but holy crap everything with the cult is just open palm, slap yourself in the head stupid.

The cell phone ‘bombs’ were clever

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

veni veni veni posted:

Every zombie in Black Summer runs funny. From like, brisk jog to noodly armed chasing Justin Bieber around his limo for an autograph.

is this show good?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

2 episodes in and it's pretty watchable if you can still stomach zombies. It's laughably self serious though. Makes TWD almost seem self aware by comparison.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

2 episodes in and it's pretty watchable if you can still stomach zombies. It's laughably self serious though. Makes TWD almost seem self aware by comparison.

Which is pretty funny for a Z Nation prequel series.

The show is alright. I thought the constant use of title cards was pretty dumb.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
The title cards made sense in the first few episodes where everyone is scattered and on their own paths. Made the wholr thing feel like a series of short stories. Once everyone balled up together it got a little tiresome.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Outside of Stranger Things and Altered Carbon, I'm not certain Netflix has anything that I would truly miss

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Anybody try You vs. Wild yet? I did one episode and it’s kinda goofy but entertaining.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Anybody try You vs. Wild yet? I did one episode and it’s kinda goofy but entertaining.

He ends up doing both options on so many selections :shrug: not into it

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Well, on one choice I did, he had to do the other choice, because my choice was a critical failure and he lost all his equipment.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m actually gonna give black summer a thumbs up. It’s not great but it’s extremely drat entertaining. The first few eps are basically non stop action so if you are sick of watching people talk for entire seasons of TWD go for it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Okay, I'll give it that much, it's not as plodding as Walking Dead.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

Somehow I never saw this before, and 20 minutes in and they use the extremely obscure band McLusky song "Lightsaber Cocksucking Blues" so I am already obligated to love it

How did you end up feeling about it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

How did you end up feeling about it?

I had a few issues with the pacing but overall it was loving great!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Forever on Prime is really good. Go in knowing nothing, the first few episodes throw curveballs.

Went in blind as suggested. Through two episodes, it's almost too real, basically my life exactly from a decade ago. Except for the last 10 minutes of episode 2 :stare:

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

precision posted:

I had a few issues with the pacing but overall it was loving great!

Everyone just kills it. Anna Farris is amazing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The insane toxic relationship between Seth Rogen and Anna Farris is my favorite part of that movie.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's not the greatest score in the world based on how it syncs with the movie but Observe and Report might be the world's greatest soundtrack.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'll always be a little jealous of the use of When I Paint My Masterpiece by The Band for the opening of Observe & Report. Such a great intro song, and that movie used it perfectly.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's not the greatest score in the world based on how it syncs with the movie but Observe and Report might be the world's greatest soundtrack.

I can't seem to find the "pussy made of gold" song that Farris is listening to in the car early on, what the hell is it?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Siri doesn’t recognize it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I mean it's not on Spotify unless the name is different

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I don’t know if I am proud or embarrassed of this but I immediately thought pussy made of gold sounds like an Amanda Blank song.

https://youtu.be/c4zca5-ZSXg

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm impressed by how willing they are to update episodes of Unsolved Mysteries on Amazon Prime.

I saw one yesterday that had a segment about the Golden State Killer. The episode came out in 2002. They included an update about catching the guy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Girl with All The Gifts is streaming on Amazon Prime if you’re into bleak British horror. It stumbles a little at the end, but it’s worth a watch.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I loved the ending. It shares something thematically with The VVitch, but slightly more optimistic.

Also I cried pretty hard at the beginning

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was really excited for that movie but the whole thing landed with a thud for me. It's not a terrible movie or anything, but I was pretty disappointed tbh.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you like Patriot, watch Barry on HBO Now. 7 day free trial it if you have to, but it's loving amazing in a very similar way

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is Triple Frontier worth a spin?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's decent, yea. Not really the straightforward action movie it appears to be though, if that's what you're looking for.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
drat I loved Guava Island. It's under an hour of good music and charismatic people being great on screen. With Atlanta, his songs from last summer, and this I'm all in on Donald Glover and whatever he does.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

precision posted:

If you like Patriot, watch Barry on HBO Now. 7 day free trial it if you have to, but it's loving amazing in a very similar way

Conversely, I like Barry but was bored to tears with Patriot.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That is crazy talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Maybe? It starts out pretty promising but it's kind of a slog. It's the kind of movie that confuses drama with endless bickering and most of the obstacles the characters face come from their own idiotic and out of character decisions.

The raid on the mansion and watching Ben Affleck become unhinged with greed were pretty good.