Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Cavs succeeded in spite of Rich Paul. I respect that guy a lot for what he's been able to accomplish but he has a habit of overplaying his hand. If I were a GM I'd be really leery of signing his clients if I could help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Regardless, this has me excited:

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/1118578672833912832

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think Davis staying in NO is really for the best.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Rick posted:

I think Davis staying in NO is really for the best.

Some random twitter people are thinking Griffin saying this may also just be a way to try to build up trade value for AD. I don't know what to believe. But things got ugly and I've gone to actively disliking the guy, so I'm down for trading him.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i mean it’s possible ad thought he wanted out (and to la specifically) and then watched los angeles’ season go up in flames and is having second thoughts as a result

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Spacebump posted:

I feel like an old man saying this but I kind of agree. I think the solution could be making the 3 point line a straight line and eliminating the corner 3s.

Letting defenders sag closer to the basket is not going to lead to more exciting acrobatic plays at the rim, it's just gonna lead to more midrange 2s.

Basketball before players became so good at shooting 3s was not more exciting.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I don't really object to the current state of the game, I think basketball is in an incredibly fun era, but I do kinda wish it weren't so min-maxed. I wish there were more room for the Paul Pierce pull-up, the Rip Hamilton run-around-a-bunch-until-you-get-a-14-footer, and Dirk imitators

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Dutchy posted:

I don't really object to the current state of the game, I think basketball is in an incredibly fun era, but I do kinda wish it weren't so min-maxed. I wish there were more room for the Paul Pierce pull-up, the Rip Hamilton run-around-a-bunch-until-you-get-a-14-footer, and Dirk imitators
Might I interest you in a KAT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=320sgmGvAN0

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

He's one of my favorite active players lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think the 3 point line should be abolished, this is a completely objective take not at all influenced by my team having Rudy Gobert on it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The good news about having a take for more than ten years is I can claim consistency over the Lakers being one of the better three point shooting teams in the league and one of the worst.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Make the 3 point line variable like baseball park dimensions. 27 foot line, 18 foot line, corner 3, no corner 3, no 3 point line at all, go wild

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bulls should actually have a fun team next year if they find a competent point guard and then have a bench that has more than one actual NBA player

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think I can probably start posting here

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

I think the 3 point line should be abolished, this is a completely objective take not at all influenced by my team having Rudy Gobert on it

Out of curiosity, how did the Jazz end up being your team?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

Out of curiosity, how did the Jazz end up being your team?

Iowa doesn't have one and they were good in NBA Jam

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

Iowa doesn't have one and they were good in NBA Jam

Good enough reason as any!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Give 3 points to any shot in the restricted area (basically, dunks and layups). Hasten the midrange game to the grave.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

HI ya'll, please give us Kemba

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I think I can probably start posting here

I know better than to ever be comfortable about Chris Paul Playoff Teams, and you should too friend.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Make it so a foul on even 3pt shots results in only two free throws.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ban jim boylen and also jim boylan just to be safe

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

they should add cool obstacles that pop up and down outside of the 3 point arc like the ones in BattleBots

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Kibner posted:

Make it so a foul on even 3pt shots results in only two free throws.

that’ll definitely speed up the game

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/1118679672609546240

item 10 billion in They Don't Love You Like That, Paul

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Declan MacManus posted:

that’ll definitely speed up the game

Make it so you foul out after five fouls, too.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Kibner posted:

Make it so you foul out after five fouls, too.

man that’s gonna be a miserable overtime

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Declan MacManus posted:

man that’s gonna be a miserable overtime

you mean you don't wanna see the ballboy put a couple of shots up against the arena crew?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Every personal foul after 4 you have to spin a wheel with progressively worse odds of fouling you out.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
As a fan of a team with Trae, I say they should add not just a 4 point line, but also a 5 point line

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
All shots should have variable points based directly on how far you are from the hoop and multiplied by how cool your shoes are

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can someone get me excited for the Grizzlies hiring Cho

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

he drafted kemba and tobias harris (whom he traded on draft night), acquired jeremy lamb in a deal that was pretty okay overall, and uh that’s kinda it

he traded for nic batum who was good until they extended him but other than that it’s mostly mediocre draft picks and trading spare parts to make sure they could field a starting 5

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

He's not Chris Wallace

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

This is really great, I can't think of anyone else ever doing this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Dokmo likes him.

I dunno none of his moves are terrible, he seems to have twice ended up the fall guy for a team owner's whims.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

Dokmo likes him.

I dunno none of his moves are terrible, he seems to have twice ended up the fall guy for a team owner's whims.

Yeah, I think if ownership isn't willing to truly bottom out or see through a plan that is way more of a risk than Cho is. Cho also seems to know people and be able to be in the middle of things which is probably the right thing for the Grizz right now.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1119052938033487873?s=19

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1119227146071871488?s=19

ty lue be careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted: