Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
To be fair, each Costco dramatically shifts what it gets in to what moves fastest in that location. Some Costco stores lean heavy into the bulk upsell options because that's the clientele there. Others lean way more into bulk generic products, and others still are clearly just aimed at restaurants and businesses (even if they're not officially a business Costco.) Just in the Seattle area, what gets carried at the Kirkland Costco is not what's carried in the Woodinville Costco 10 miles away, let alone the Tukwila Costco 20 miles away. Different neighborhoods, different demographics, and the only consistent option is the dog and the 'za.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Who cares bout food. I bought 5 mother fuckin flannels for $9.99 and they kick rear end! 100% cotton ya FOOL! :weasel:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Who cares bout food. I bought 5 mother fuckin flannels for $9.99 and they kick rear end! 100% cotton ya FOOL! :weasel:

Yeah this. People actually complement me on them.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Ultraklystron posted:

the Kirkland Costco

I really need to buy some Kirkland in Kirkland.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/llw902/status/1118187782277562369?s=21

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Where's the lie?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

#thruths

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

RZA Encryption posted:

I really need to buy some Kirkland in Kirkland.

Is that a hajj or a pilgrimage

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I've never really had seasonal allergies so didn't know all that stuff was so expensive. I do remember I was at a Big Lots about, oh, 10 or so years ago, and they had a ton of...I can't remember the name, but it was a pharmacy chain that wasn't in this state and either Walgreens or CVS bought them out. Anyway, Big Lots had a bunch of that chain's in-house brand of allergy medications, and it was really cheap so I bought a bunch to have to offer people who did have allergies.

I think the chain started with an L...I went in one that was closing in San Diego once.

Long story endless, I do understand buying staple items in bulk with less markup, so that is a nice thing to get at Costco, sure.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You telling me that actively trying to kick out minorities and their awesome food is a bad thing?! WHO KNEW!

gently caress uuuuu Washington D.C

Bless up Costco tho. Can't be mad at them for having the best food scene in a lovely city

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Vato posted:

I've never really had seasonal allergies so didn't know all that stuff was so expensive. I do remember I was at a Big Lots about, oh, 10 or so years ago, and they had a ton of...I can't remember the name, but it was a pharmacy chain that wasn't in this state and either Walgreens or CVS bought them out. Anyway, Big Lots had a bunch of that chain's in-house brand of allergy medications, and it was really cheap so I bought a bunch to have to offer people who did have allergies.

I think the chain started with an L...I went in one that was closing in San Diego once.

Long story endless, I do understand buying staple items in bulk with less markup, so that is a nice thing to get at Costco, sure.

Probably Long's Drugs. They all turned into CVS except for the ones in Hawaii for some reason.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

FCKGW posted:

Probably Long's Drugs. They all turned into CVS except for the ones in Hawaii for some reason.

Yes! It was Long's!!! I'm glad to hear they are still in Hawaii! :cool:

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I miss the Polish dog so bad
...that I bought the 15 pack from the refrigerated section! PBUC now I don't even have to leave my squalid home to beef up.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Woah, thats like, 2 days worth of beef.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

There's some misinformation in here. I buy cans of beans at Costco and they come out to less than a dollar each. I also have Kirkland regular salt.

'Less than a dollar each" isn't saving you any money. A can of beans costs significantly less than that at a normal grocery store. You're being upsold organic beans at Costco.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

'Less than a dollar each" isn't saving you any money. A can of beans costs significantly less than that at a normal grocery store. You're being upsold organic beans at Costco.

A normal can of decent beans is definitely at least $1.

Sure you can get poo poo ones for less but they are poo poo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

They're real good ya

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I pull up to the quick order thing same time as another dude. I fumble to hit the chicken bake button the first time--I miss! I pay. Second in line. Order takes 35 seconds to fulfill. When will the receipt guy just be like "here's your chicken bake, sir, we automatically prepared for you the freshest one."

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

What's a chicken bake and why does it have a button? Is this at Costco?

I was in a McDonald's with my dad a few months ago for the first time in a while, and it was incredibly confusing and futuristic. They had these electronic boards where I guess you can order from now -- maybe like the chicken bake thing. I went up to the counter like a normal person, and I don't know how my dad does things when he's by himself because homeboy cannot hear so I answered the cashier's questions and then yelled to my dad how much it was. I know he goes out and buys things and works with people and stuff, but I guess he only goes places where they know they have talk REALLY LOUD or something.

Actually, my mom got a membership at Costco because someone told her they sold hearing aids there. I still haven't been, and he still can't hear.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They do sell hearing aids there. Right next to the tire center and across from the ground your own coffee station. Atleast at my Costco they do.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

grillster posted:

I pull up to the quick order thing same time as another dude. I fumble to hit the chicken bake button the first time--I miss! I pay. Second in line. Order takes 35 seconds to fulfill. When will the receipt guy just be like "here's your chicken bake, sir, we automatically prepared for you the freshest one."

They sometimes do that, though I don't know the reason why. Maybe it just depends on how busy/staffed they are or how proactive the employees want to be.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Never been to the ‘co on a Thursday afternoon before! It’s surprisingly crowded. I usually go on weekends when it’s also crowded, but then it’s families trying to get in and out; at 2 pm it’s old people parking their carts in the middle of the aisles.

Anyway, they’re now selling 1.5 rotisserie chickens, split and refrigerated, for $5.99. Now, I’m no math genius, but that seems like a better deal than one for $4.99! And since I’m not going to eat it until dinner tonight, cold is okay and the package fits better in the fridge. PBUC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

They do sell hearing aids there. Right next to the tire center and across from the ground your own coffee station. Atleast at my Costco they do.

Yeah mine does as well but it’s near the checkout stands before you get to the glasses.

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Never been to the ‘co on a Thursday afternoon before! It’s surprisingly crowded. I usually go on weekends when it’s also crowded, but then it’s families trying to get in and out; at 2 pm it’s old people parking their carts in the middle of the aisles.

Anyway, they’re now selling 1.5 rotisserie chickens, split and refrigerated, for $5.99. Now, I’m no math genius, but that seems like a better deal than one for $4.99! And since I’m not going to eat it until dinner tonight, cold is okay and the package fits better in the fridge. PBUC

Lol 1.5? That’s kinda an odd number but a great price. They are just the ones from yesterday that didn’t sell.

Honestly the chickens are great if you meal prep. You can do a lot with them. I used to eat like 2 a week till I started getting my meat from another source.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I get the chickens to shred for lunchmeat, so that sounds fantastic! I might just be going to church tonight

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Lol 1.5? That’s kinda an odd number but a great price. They are just the ones from yesterday that didn’t sell.

Honestly the chickens are great if you meal prep. You can do a lot with them. I used to eat like 2 a week till I started getting my meat from another source.

Yeah, it’s three halves in a clamshell container. Clearly a way to clear out inventory. We’ll see how they are. In general, their chickens aren’t anywhere as good as a home roasted chicken but they are cheap and easy. Worst case, if these are dried out I can shred them and use them in a recipe/ chicken stock.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
YA dudes haven't seen the pre-shredded chicken in the made meals section yet? Is that a local costco thing? It's cheaper to buy a chicken and do it yourself always, but the convenience of a bag of shredded costco chicken is pretty tempting.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

YA dudes haven't seen the pre-shredded chicken in the made meals section yet? Is that a local costco thing? It's cheaper to buy a chicken and do it yourself always, but the convenience of a bag of shredded costco chicken is pretty tempting.

Yeah, they’ve had that at my store for a long time; it’s the split halves that are new. I never buy the shredded chicken because I want the bones for chicken stock!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The only preshredded chicken I've ever seen is the chicken included with the tacos and there's no way even the church is gonna get me to drop $15 on 6-8 tacos.

I've also been looking for the Kirkland Signature Napa mentioned like two months ago and the only KS reds I've ever seen are the $8 cabs. :(

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 18, 2019

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Dely Apple posted:

Is that a hajj or a pilgrimage

I grew up in Kirkland/Redmond/Bellevue and didn't know there was more than 1 Costco for a long time and all the Kirkland Signature stuff always looked odd to me.

Bless my sweet ignorance.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't really dived to far into Kirkland wines. When we were picking out which bulk wine to buy for our wedding we tried the red blend from Costco. It got good remarks, but we decided to go with Bota Box Red Blend. The wine scares me. Mostly cuz I hate fuckin' wine.

We bought 16 single boxes of bota box wine for the wedding :pcgaming: bottles are for SUCKERS.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Vato posted:

What's a chicken bake and why does it have a button? Is this at Costco?

I was in a McDonald's with my dad a few months ago for the first time in a while, and it was incredibly confusing and futuristic. They had these electronic boards where I guess you can order from now -- maybe like the chicken bake thing. I went up to the counter like a normal person, and I don't know how my dad does things when he's by himself because homeboy cannot hear so I answered the cashier's questions and then yelled to my dad how much it was. I know he goes out and buys things and works with people and stuff, but I guess he only goes places where they know they have talk REALLY LOUD or something.

Actually, my mom got a membership at Costco because someone told her they sold hearing aids there. I still haven't been, and he still can't hear.

The chicken bake is essentially a foot long chicken pot pie kolache and at the CostCo nearby they've got self-service kiosks at the food court. Still have the folks working the counter for cash sales and to distribute food. Last time I went, it took all of about 35 seconds to get the chicken bake.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They sometimes do that, though I don't know the reason why. Maybe it just depends on how busy/staffed they are or how proactive the employees want to be.

That'd be pretty epic to have it ready at the exit door based on prior habits. Perhaps set the billing up like a toll tag account.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Kirkland Prosecco is aces, gotta check that label for authenticity. 🥰

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

grillster posted:

The chicken bake is essentially a foot long chicken pot pie kolache and at the CostCo nearby they've got self-service kiosks at the food court. Still have the folks working the counter for cash sales and to distribute food. Last time I went, it took all of about 35 seconds to get the chicken bake.

If I call the Costco will they know what I'm talking about? Because if there is a chicken bake at the one here, my parents would really be excited.

eta: The guy totally knew what I was talking about and said he eats 2 a week. Is that healthy? These suckers better be as good as I'm imagining them to be. I don't eat meat, so just have to trust the opinions of others.

Vato fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 18, 2019

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Just got back from Costco...

got Kirkland TP and paper towels, a boneless leg of lamb for Easter, and a couple of La Croix cases. Also grabbed 3 rotisserie chickens, they have since been shredded apart, potioned out, vacuum sealed and frozen for later (used for chicken salads/dumplings/soups/casseroles etc), with the carcasses broken down and in the freezer for stock. Costco chickens make the BEST soup stock...yum!

Oh, and a bag of turkey jerky....that stuff is so addictive.

And I managed to keep my bill below $125 yay me :)

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 18, 2019

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
*wipes rear end off with dry toilet paper, leaving a film of poo poo on my rear end*

Ahh that was great I am now ready to begin my day with my poopy rear end

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Taima posted:

*wipes rear end off with dry toilet paper, leaving a film of poo poo on my rear end*

Ahh that was great I am now ready to begin my day with my poopy rear end

Are you eating 2 or more chicken bakes a week? That might be the issue.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vato posted:

If I call the Costco will they know what I'm talking about? Because if there is a chicken bake at the one here, my parents would really be excited.

eta: The guy totally knew what I was talking about and said he eats 2 a week. Is that healthy? These suckers better be as good as I'm imagining them to be. I don't eat meat, so just have to trust the opinions of others.

They are like 700 calories. They aren’t the greatest thing for you but two a week isn’t gonna kill anyone.

Who keeps telling you they are good though?? They are ok at best and I just tried one on Monday after not having one for years.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Anyone get a mattress from the 'sco? Mines about shot and with my new executive membership its a perfect reason to get some points on that bad boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

MarcusSA posted:

They are like 700 calories. They aren’t the greatest thing for you but two a week isn’t gonna kill anyone.

Who keeps telling you they are good though?? They are ok at best and I just tried one on Monday after not having one for years.

Just the other guy in this thread and then the guy I talked to on the phone...who works there. That's 2 for 2. They just sound like something my folks would like because they love kolaches and chicken pot pies. But if it's a thing you eat there, then that won't work. Also, the guy said it was in the food court, so probably it's not a thing that'd be just as good if you brought it home and heated it up, maybe. Now doubt has set in...thanks!