Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Very good. This one did not wish to discourage your activities, Mr. Greene, merely to suggest a more fitting and secure location, and to make the note that an elected Leader of the Nobles' Guild might actually have the clout to cause another Guildmaster to appear and be accused of crimes.

Eg Greene

No worries at all, the objections from both of you were entirely practical and clearly communicated.

As to the authority though, I would just like to remind everyone that one of us Nobles will be elected to the position of Guild Leader in due course. Perhaps if the election is not overly delayed too far into the future, the new Leader will then be able to confirm their stance on these proceedings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Poque posted:

Scholar Xavier

Eg declared a HEARING. Those of you objecting to a trial betray your own thoughts on the matter.

Yes, our own thoughts of not really knowing the difference.
Thank you for telling us how we are really thinking based off of not knowing terminology.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Bifauxnen posted:

Eg Greene

No worries at all, the objections from both of you were entirely practical and clearly communicated.

As to the authority though, I would just like to remind everyone that one of us Nobles will be elected to the position of Guild Leader in due course. Perhaps if the election is not overly delayed too far into the future, the new Leader will then be able to confirm their stance on these proceedings.

Vote for Lain!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Snooze Cruise posted:

Please do not let Eg's willingness to jump many guns reflect the Noble's Guild as a whole. It seems like there is a lot of suspicion directed towards us, and what we are suppose to do, but its like... we have assemblies and that type of boring political mumbo jumbo, and much of it's power has been strip away relatively recently. To view us all with suspicion is to fall under the same type of deceptions that are currently targeting the dwellers.

Kerath of D'ni

I am quite sure that the mission statement of the Noble's Guild is all well and good, but I do find it rich that you would raise a complaint about unfound truths being spread among the good people of Sa considering your recent performance.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Kerath of D'ni

Anyway it sounds as though this whole business will now await the election of a new Guild Leader for your guild, so any idea when that will be?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

sniper4625 posted:

Kerath of D'ni

I am quite sure that the mission statement of the Noble's Guild is all well and good, but I do find it rich that you would raise a complaint about unfound truths being spread among the good people of Sa considering your recent performance.

Yeah basing Fil after Henderson was a bit rude of me.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Poque posted:

Scholar Xavier

Eg declared a HEARING. Those of you objecting to a trial betray your own thoughts on the matter.

Emi Archer

I object to the claimed authority of the noble's guild in general, not to the action in particular. Until and unless I learn otherwise, this reads as attempts to seize power over the judiciary and to institute a new legislature, both without the consent of those so-ruled.

I'm no political scholar, but that sounds like a terribly unfair system to those of us in guilds other than the one claiming authority over all others.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yes, our own thoughts of not really knowing the difference.
Thank you for telling us how we are really thinking based off of not knowing terminology.

A hearing implies a public gathering in pursuit of knowledge. A trial implies the same, but coming from a body with the authority to enact punishment if deemed appropriate. As far as I am aware, we do not have such authority.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeah basing Fil after Henderson was a bit rude of me.

Kerath of D'ni

So you don't think your blatant attempts to avoid the fact you inserted Gehn as the villain in your little play when if anyone asks him he'd be happy to explain at length how he was unavailable at the time isn't a cause for suspicion regarding your support for putting him on "trial?" (Forgive the shorthand, Xavier, but let us call it they intend for it to be.) Forgive me if I do begin to question the motives of the Noble's Guild, which appears to be a rather opaque organization more concerned with pursuing personal agenda.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Kerath of D'ni

And to entirely frank, I do not see why the Noble's Guild is necessary if this is how they intend to conduct business - if the Guilds require an organization to settle debates, let them each elect a representative to form a council of some sort.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hm, I never said I supported the trail, or eh, hearing, I just question why it would be in the fountain in the first place.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anyway I don't really know why a clearly fictional play has you so rile up, and isn't it better to discuss that tomorrow at the windmill instead of trying to insert it into this unrelated hearing question? Or do you absolutely have to practice hyperbole at this time for the day or you will get rusty?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Conway of Clan Gavo

While I welcome the fact that a... resolution is being worked towards, I am... I am not exactly sure if I believe this hearing would work.

Convictions run deep, when it comes to Gehn. Deeper than any one event can resolve. If minds are to be changed, it is the work of persistent efforts, not a dramatic event. I believe a hearing would see high tempers and... troubles.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Snooze Cruise posted:

Anyway I don't really know why a clearly fictional play has you so rile up, and isn't it better to discuss that tomorrow at the windmill instead of trying to insert it into this unrelated hearing question? Or do you absolutely have to practice hyperbole at this time for the day or you will get rusty?

Kerath of D'ni

Ah, will you be there? I am sure we can work out everything then, I look forward to it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Eg Greene

On an entirely different matter... Kasia, I am currently visiting the various Ages outside Sa, and yours will be the next stop on my itinerary.

I'm afraid I lost track of what you are up to, and you must surely be too busy to give me a tour. But regardless of where, I do hope we can find some time to meet again to discuss things unrelated to this hearing or the election.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also some might say Gehn is the hero, its a complicated subject, which will be explore further in later plays.
And to be honest my character is more based on what I thought to be folklore I heard about a Gehn, I never knew there was a person who happen to share his name who is so infamous.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

This one thinks you will find, friend Kerath, that after all the conversations that were occurring on these Communicators on the day we first received them (oh, less than a week ago?) that anti-Gehn sentiments have become very popular across Sa right now, even among the members of the Nobles' Guild. At the very least, this one can admit to you that most of our Guildmembers were in favor of looking into Gehn's recent activities, to learn more of the man. His power is suspicious and his movements are unpredictable. Is he a danger to Sa? Is he a criminal in other worlds?

Everyone wants to know how this Gehn figure has impacted the Ages - that is information that wants to be free, and so it should be. Thusly, this one is glad that we Nobles will be able to do our part in raising awareness of the issues that affect all of us.

Personally, this one has Ms. Azure Lain to thank for opening his eyes - for inspiring him with her play to think critically of how Gehn had a role in impacting our shared Dweller history. Her dramatic show struck a chord in this one that plucked at the heartstrings, and he won't forget that.

Having said that, this one wants to reassure you that the show's ending was meant to be metaphorical. In fact Ms. Lain even admitted to wanting to do a sequel, based upon the man's deeds and character.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
In fact I would love to meet this Gehn sometime! I bet he could inspire many stories with the passion you speak for him, Kerath.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Gehn is shorter than I imagined.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Snooze Cruise posted:

In fact I would love to meet this Gehn sometime! I bet he could inspire many stories with the passion you speak for him, Kerath.

Conway of Clan Gavo

If that is your goal, you would be better served talking to Kerath. While he will tell you that Gehn has many qualities, I think he would readily admit that being a good storyteller is among them.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Personally, this one has Ms. Azure Lain to thank for opening his eyes - for inspiring him with her play to think critically of how Gehn had a role in impacting our shared Dweller history.

Emi Archer

Gehn has a long past, with many rather alarming misdeeds therein, but he'd been on Riven for about 40 years, if my memory serves, and nowhere else.

I do not believe he has ever contacted your world, and he considers those members of his family who have to be either incompetent sadists or just idiots.

I have much of his journal near-memorized, you see. The events of 2 months ago are...still fresh.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

An uncommon calm seems to pervade the Age of Sa.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hmm.

This is...not something I can do alone. Unfortunate.

I'll join everyone again by running there, so if you give me a place to go, I will go there. Lea...please don't say anything yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Hmm.

This is...not something I can do alone. Unfortunate.

I'll join everyone again by running there, so if you give me a place to go, I will go there. Lea...please don't say anything yet.

I am worried you may not be able to rejoin us easily, our group is not exactly...welcome here~

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
We are at the Windmill in Channelwood, and noted.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

I am worried you may not be able to rejoin us easily, our group is not exactly...welcome here~

This too :350:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kashuno posted:

If it is resolved and you move elsewhere, please tell me where, if you would! I'd like to not have to play a game of "find the right space on the map, though if I have to, I will."

If not, I will do some research at the Trader's Guild.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GeneX posted:

If it is resolved and you move elsewhere, please tell me where, if you would! I'd like to not have to play a game of "find the right space on the map, though if I have to, I will."

If not, I will do some research at the Trader's Guild.

Kerath of D'ni

You will be informed to the best of our powers.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Is it safe to talk about what's happened in public?

It's looking like everyone needs to be on alert.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Kerath of D'ni

Did something happen we should be aware of? If danger is rising, the more of us aware of it, the better.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

sniper4625 posted:

Kerath of D'ni

I would enjoy hearing from the rest of the Noble's Guild that you have the sole power to call a Steward of another Guild to account.

Sena Ward

Hi! Seems I missed quite a bit yesterday. I will chime in here and say that the Chochtic did indeed give the Nobles' Guild approval to act as a sort of moderator, guiding council, some such thing.

So, you know. Yeah.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Laslow Shaw

I didn't see anything happen where I am that would cause such a response? Are you safe and well?

Additionally, my idea worked!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Azurelana posted:

Laslow Shaw

I didn't see anything happen where I am that would cause such a response? Are you safe and well?

Blood Estra

Your idea? Would you care to expand on what you mean?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Soaring Kestrel posted:

Sena Ward

Hi! Seems I missed quite a bit yesterday. I will chime in here and say that the Chochtic did indeed give the Nobles' Guild approval to act as a sort of moderator, guiding council, some such thing.

So, you know. Yeah.

Emi Archer

Approval is not the same as appointment or power unto itself.

Unless you claim to act as the word of the Chochtic, any power you currently possess is only extant by fiat of the other guilds.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Azurelana posted:

Laslow Shaw

I'm fine, but my nerves are on edge.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

jimmydalad posted:

Blood Estra

Your idea? Would you care to expand on what you mean?

Well, I remembered that the door of Gizmonic innoventions was unlocked from the last time we went in, so I went back and checked the front room. I found some dusty suits of armour and found a tiny screwdriver that let me regain a charge on my army knife!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Azurelana posted:

Well, I remembered that the door of Gizmonic innoventions was unlocked from the last time we went in, so I went back and checked the front room. I found some dusty suits of armour and found a tiny screwdriver that let me regain a charge on my army knife!

That is very cool to hear! This one is glad things worked out for you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Emi Archer

Approval is not the same as appointment or power unto itself.

Unless you claim to act as the word of the Chochtic, any power you currently possess is only extant by fiat of the other guilds.

Eg Greene

While I did hope to give my announcement a bit more "oomph" by invoking the Nobles' Guild, I believe you're being caught up in an unnecessary derail here.

After all, matters of power and authority and enforcement would really only required if it turned out that Gehn was some sort of criminal who needed to be forcibly apprehended. And that is a highly premature conclusion to reach, I'm sure.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Rivenin has not fallen. It is still under Varbani control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

50 pounds of bread posted:

Rivenin has not fallen. It is still under Varbani control.

Kerath of D'ni

The War...still rages? Are you there?