Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The gently caress am I looking at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Scholtz posted:

The gently caress am I looking at?

keep scrolling

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Who What Now posted:

They are an incel

Gymcels can be volcels :colbert:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cel

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

dialhforhero posted:

Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cel

Self-loathing is the powerhouse of the incel.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

MizPiz posted:

Gymcels can be volcels :colbert:

Keep telling yourself that in between bagel bites.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Kuros posted:

Self-loathing is the powerhouse of the incel.

Entitlement is the powerhouse of the incel.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Mild GoT ep1 spoilers

At what point did the show just give up on Jaime being the blondest boy in the tub?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
People used to say Tyrion's hair darkened the more he strayed away from the Lannisters and I'd guess they say the same here, but it's probably just the show being lazy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The series of images just look like a normal evening for a single person... Sure, social media has us convinced that we should never spend any moment away from 3 to 9 friends taking a selfie in front of a delicious table of food, but isn't it pretty normal to like... Workout, go home, eat some food and maybe watch TV before bed?

The weird part is he's doing it all with the lights off. Hanging around the house alone with the lights on? Perfectly normal, you're just a regular person. Hanging around the house alone with the lights off? You're either a serial killer or a vampire or both.

Space Cadet Omoly has a new favorite as of 00:05 on Apr 19, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Elevator Screamer posted:

At what point did the show just give up on Jaime being the blondest boy in the tub?

I think the idea is he darkened his hair so he wouldn’t be recognized while he was doing this thang.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jamie & Tyrion are becoming more brunette because King's Landing has all the best hair stylists. You think Winterfell has time for fixing a lord's roots?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pretty much every character looks significantly different now as a result of 8 years of actual aging, changes in character design, and lower costume and makeup budget over time

Compare armor from season 1 and season 8 and it's insane

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hey now, the mass genocide happened before the USA was a thing, we just did a normal genocide

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The weird part is he's doing it all with the lights off. Hanging around the house alone with the lights on? Perfectly normal, you're just a regular person. Hanging around the house alone with the lights off? You're either a serial killer or a vampire or both.

Light triggered migraines are a thing that exists as is light sensitivity from various eye issues.

You know, just saying.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

tangy yet delightful posted:

Keep telling yourself that in between bagel bites.

Bold of you to assume I go to the gym

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pretty much every character looks significantly different now as a result of 8 years of actual aging, changes in character design, and lower costume and makeup budget over time

Compare armor from season 1 and season 8 and it's insane

did they really lower the budget of such a massive hit show? I find that hard to believe

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Last Chance posted:

did they really lower the budget of such a massive hit show? I find that hard to believe

Yeah I don’t know where that came from but I doubt it.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Lower costume budget =/= lower budget overall

They reassessed their priorities and it definitely shows. The kingsguard costumes over time and the armour on the Reach soldiers stick out for me

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Yeah, I would imagine the cast takes up a considerably larger portion of the budget at this point than in season 1.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

fishing with the fam posted:

Yeah, I would imagine the cast takes up a considerably larger portion of the budget at this point than in season 1.

Cast and cgi go up, sets and costumes go down!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Brexit is hella Schadenfreude as gently caress atm.

This is some spicy poo poo :discourse:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxOgtewUomo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

dialhforhero posted:

Brexit is hella Schadenfreude as gently caress atm.

This is some spicy poo poo :discourse:

Every time I see some fat drunk guy with no teeth wearing a soccer jersey and yelling about immigrants and how Brexit will solve all of his problems I go full :yeshaha: and check out the Brexit thread in cspam.

It's going to rule so hard when England is America's new sweatshop country.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I am a firm believer that nearly every world problem has its roots in British expansionism, colonialism, and imperialism since about 1200 so Brexit is one of those things that just makes me straight up feel like this even though I don’t want it to happen in any way, shape or form:

https://m.imgur.com/r/HighQualityGifs/6ADLV4r.gif

Phone posting so how do I embed?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Get this anime poo poo out of here

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dialhforhero posted:

I am a firm believer that nearly every world problem has its roots in British expansionism, colonialism, and imperialism since about 1200 so Brexit is one of those things that just makes me straight up feel like this even though I don’t want it to happen in any way, shape or form:

Direct link to something on imgur is always going to be https colon slash slash i dot imgur dot com slash seven-character-code dot gif/jpg/mp4/gifv.

gif and jpg files need to have IMG tags, mp4 and gifv files need URL tags and will automatically be embedded by the forums software

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

https://m.imgur.com/r/HighQualityGifs/6ADLV4r.gif

Lol well you kinda ain’t wrong.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Hmm. I tried the img tag but it just posted a link. I still blame myself. Thanks.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You guys are crazy. Having a night in by yourself, maybe binge some Netflix and crank one out and eat an entire family size pizza is a delight

Don't doxx me pls

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

https://i.imgur.com/EeKMMIK.gifv

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

itsameta4
Sep 29, 2013
I read this whole drat thread and nobody ever said a goddamn thing about blonde boys or tubs

how did it become the title

this happened a couple titles ago too but I don't even remember the lovely title to complain about it correctly

Shreks hot knob
Sep 4, 2007
We swearsss it!

itsameta4 posted:

I read this whole drat thread and nobody ever said a goddamn thing about blonde boys or tubs

how did it become the title

this happened a couple titles ago too but I don't even remember the lovely title to complain about it correctly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7vd_Oy8ixw

itsameta4
Sep 29, 2013

ah! well, nevertheless,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Captain Splendid posted:

Lower costume budget =/= lower budget overall

They reassessed their priorities and it definitely shows. The kingsguard costumes over time and the armour on the Reach soldiers stick out for me

It doesn't necessarily mean lower budget, but I really like knowing that they did things like using Ikea Rugs for their costumes. It's cool knowing that even a big production like that still uses consumer goods for sets and costumes.