Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bridget and Mary Jo have a new full length riff out, Scared to Death (note; movie does not have anyone actually being "scared to death") Its a monster movie with a lead so terrible that Bridget and Mary Jo start to actively root for the monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If it doesn't have a woman having a heart attack because of a green scarf then I ain't interested!

That's a lie, I am interested. But I'm not too big on horror that's filled with screams or gore so I might not be very interested.

What is the better movie to get anyways? Girl from Rio, She Devil, Scared to Death, or Rats?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It doesn't have any gore at all.

Something I'm wondering about the movie though is if there's some kind of behind the scenes with the making of the film because the monster suit looks fine the couple times you see it but its never shown fully lit in a full body shot. Also there's some weird ADR and a character gets kind of unceremoniously written out 3/4 of the way through.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

muscles like this! posted:

Something I'm wondering about the movie though is if there's some kind of behind the scenes with the making of the film because the monster suit looks fine the couple times you see it but its never shown fully lit in a full body shot. Also there's some weird ADR and a character gets kind of unceremoniously written out 3/4 of the way through.

Basically, they spent so much money on the monster that they ran out of money for the movie to build around it. There’s a very late sequel from the early 90’s, titled Syngenor that gives a better look, as it used the same suit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rifftrax cut all the (not very violent at all) actual kill scenes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Always weird when they do something like that and then you have ones like Radical Jack where it very clearly they didn't cut anything.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
She had about 40 minutes cut out some of it was done in the middle of lines of dialog. I actually couldn't finish it because I was so distracted by the those cuts.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was that racist?

Edit: I checked a review online to see if there would be any other reason for the cuts. A guy covered a DVD and he said that the film was badly degraded in parts. I guess they just cut those bits out rather than try to work with it.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 7, 2019

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I think I'm enjoying the Mary Jo and Bridgette stuff more than Mike and the guys. Everything's so much lighter and goofier.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I guess it's down to She Demons or Scared to Death then?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bedurndurn posted:

I think I'm enjoying the Mary Jo and Bridgette stuff more than Mike and the guys. Everything's so much lighter and goofier.

Goofier yes but the barbs in Maturing Woman were more vicious than anything the boys did

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Bedurndurn posted:

Yeah their stuff is great.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Mary Jo was always underrated. Quest of the Delta Knights is probably my favourite MST3K episode.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Bedurndurn posted:

Same. They're instant buys for me, especially if they are about office work or homes of the future. Duties of a Secretary is a favorite.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jet Jaguar posted:

Same. They're instant buys for me, especially if they are about office work or homes of the future. Duties of a Secretary is a favorite.

"This is more intense then Saw!"

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
drat it. I really don't like how they're doing tickets for the live shows. You need to go to the box office starting at noon to get a number that is your spot in line, then you come back before 6pm to line up in that order.

I loving work all day and am barely going to just get down to the theater in time. I'm gonna be stuck behind a pillar in the back corner :smith:

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I just saw Attack of the Puppet People and it's a real MST3K reunion: directed by Bert I Gordon, written by "The Great" George Worthing Yates, hideous music by Albert Glasser, and starring John Agar, June Kenney, and with an appearance by Jack Kosslyn (though not Merritt Stone).

The movie also has a weird place in history: during the Watergate break-in, Alfred Baldwin was supposed to be keeping a lookout but he was watching this on TV and was apparently so preoccupied that he didn't notice the police arrive and failed to warn the burglars. So basically this movie is responsible for Nixon resigning (may be an exaggeration).

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
:stare:

Deadly prey is... something.

The riff is great though!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pharohman777 posted:

:stare:

Deadly prey is... something.

The riff is great though!

They made a sequel years later and brought back just about everyone, including a character who gets killed in the first movie (they pull the "it was my brother" card.)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

They made a sequel years later and brought back just about everyone, including a character who gets killed in the first movie (they pull the "it was my brother" card.)

True dat.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It was kinda fun watching it on twitch while chat made 1000 'bulk manchest' jokes as the main character refused to scavenge any clothes off the people he killed and ran around in shorts.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone else getting suddenly screwed out of the live shows by their local theater?

Ours has shown every single RiffTrax broadcast, and then this year, none of them.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Canned Panda posted:

Anyone else getting suddenly screwed out of the live shows by their local theater?

Ours has shown every single RiffTrax broadcast, and then this year, none of them.

Mine had every Rifftrax show until the Krull one.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

From what I’ve heard the numbers on live shows have been dwindling the past few years. Most theaters in my area haven’t bothered to carry them anymore.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

From what I’ve heard the numbers on live shows have been dwindling the past few years. Most theaters in my area haven’t bothered to carry them anymore.

To be honest, I like to wait for the ones that will hit vod. Too many people can't seem to behave in theatres (worst instance was people "riffing" poorly and chatting about the references during it until I had to ask them to stop during one of the early live ones. Bizzare. Maybe they just sucked at whispering )

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 16, 2019

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

I just bought my tickets for Thursday and aside from the reclining seats and a cluster in the dead center I pretty much had the run of the theater.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

They should do them as Pay Par Views.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There was a live show last night? Man nobody really seems to be talking about it?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rirse posted:

There was a live show last night? Man nobody really seems to be talking about it?

It was a taping for a later "live show" broadcast. They're doing an actual live show this Thursday.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

They are taping Star Raiders tonight for broadcast on June 6.

They are performing Octaman tomorrow for live broadcast.

And as it turns out (at least, according to my contact at RiffTrax) that the theater chain for my local theater didn't book any of the live shows due to a miscommunication. Some of them ended up getting Octaman after all, just not mine. We are hopefully getting the other two.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Canned Panda posted:

They are taping Star Raiders tonight for broadcast on June 6.

This. I was able to take a fake lunch break to rush over in a Lyft and snag my line ticket for tonight. Spot 127 isn't awful...not exactly getting front few rows, but not going to be stuck in a back corner either.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Well gently caress, my fat rear end shows up in the credits for Star Raiders now, I forgot they went down the line with a camera before the show.

That was one of the best shows they've done in a while, you're in for a treat in a few months. The short they lead with was also great.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Watching the Mutiny of Love video before the Octaman showing, and Kevin Murphy is a goddamn national treasure that deserves more recognition.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Anyone else have a Cinemark cancel, unannounced at the last minute?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That has to be the longest 80-minute movie ever made.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Geoj posted:

Anyone else have a Cinemark cancel, unannounced at the last minute?

I went to a Cinemark and it still happened.

Edward Mass posted:

Bill just laughing at nothing happening in the boat scene was very good. As was "Did Bill just quit Rifftrax?"

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

coupon codes:

OCTAMAN for 10% off
OCTABABY for 5% off

they stack

was the broadcast poorly cropped at the top and bottom for everyone or was it just my theater?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
That was amazing, I'm so glad I got tickets to both shows to make this trip less lovely. I'll have to do it again next year.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Edward Mass posted:

I can't believe that apparently Rick Baker of all people made the suit. Never would have guessed.

I did admire the balls of the movie to just say 'hey, here's the full suit 1 minute in, just for kicks'

It certainly had all of the hallmarks of terrible B-movies from that era

-Bad racial stereotypes
-Long, long, long shots of the monster moving around somewhere to just extend the runtime
-Day-for-night
-One woman character who does nothing but scream and/or get abducted by the monster for 'reasons'
-Abrupt ending
-Even more long shots of absolutely nothing happening just to pad the runtime
-Tons of stock footage

I can't believe it's not even 75 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

What's the goodies page for this one?