Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Essendon rang the AFL asking if they can play Joe Daniher. The AFL told them you can not play Joe Daniher. Essendon told them they were going to do it anyway. AFL said we'll slap you with a wet lettuce fine.

Why would the AFL say that? The rule has always been if you end up pulling someone in from outside the emergency list you get a fine and that's it. It's happened dozens of times before.

Edit: In AFLW news, Jess Sedunary has gone from the Crows to St Kilda. She's an interesting player to watch, just tries to attack like crazy every time she gets the ball irrespective of whether she is any reasonable chance of succeeding. She's pretty much guaranteed to do something brilliant once per match, but get caught trying to do too much several times as well. She's the kind of player who will sell some candy, sidestep around two defenders, and then continue trying to run forward before getting run down by a third.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

"Where was the shinboner spirit" accuse a number of former North Melbourne stars better known in their post football career for domestic violence incidents.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

cmndstab posted:

Why would the AFL say that? The rule has always been if you end up pulling someone in from outside the emergency list you get a fine and that's it. It's happened dozens of times before.

Edit: In AFLW news, Jess Sedunary has gone from the Crows to St Kilda. She's an interesting player to watch, just tries to attack like crazy every time she gets the ball irrespective of whether she is any reasonable chance of succeeding. She's pretty much guaranteed to do something brilliant once per match, but get caught trying to do too much several times as well. She's the kind of player who will sell some candy, sidestep around two defenders, and then continue trying to run forward before getting run down by a third.

Because the rule is that you can’t do it, but the penalty for breaking that rule is piss weak

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
https://twitter.com/lhodge15/status/1119218919313534976?s=21

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

cmndstab posted:

People are just really really upset because Essendon did it this time.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’m disappointed because I’ve never noticed it before and it’s like the one rule the afl couldn’t gently caress up is going in with the selected team and/or emergencies but nope it’s been a joke the whole time as well.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmmm I like Hodge now

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
IF Damian Barrett has a pop at Luke Hodge

THEN don't be surprised if Hodge puts his head through a goal post like he did to Wingard

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Essendon’s VFL side just beat North’s other VFL side by over 90 points and still lost 170 percentage points

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

According to the AFL website the Adelaide member, (3 game member) who racially abused Paddy Ryder on social media has had his membership revoked.

Also Gold Coast has finally come into it's own as a football club, as one of it's fans is being investigated for "unacceptable comments", which I think were also racist.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Giants??

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
what the gently caress is going on :eng99:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Freo top 4.

What is going on. wtf giants

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I don't know who is good anymore.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Jack Steven's mullet is absolutely amazing. :swoon:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Saints getting a bit of a ride

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

monolithburger posted:

no-one is.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Lmao the 4-1 Saints

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
PREUSS WITH THE ROOST

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Also channel 7 in Perth is showing the freo v gws game as a delayed telecast, i can't believe delayed telecasts are still a thing

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

monolithburger posted:

Collingwood!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Wagner brothers pass the ball to each other a suspicious amount of times

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I still don't see an upside of Spargo as a long term player

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

Saaaaaiiiiinnnnttttsssss

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

harperdc posted:

Saaaaaiiiiinnnnttttsssss

Mighty Saintssssssssssssss

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

monolithburger posted:

Football. Football is good. And the Saints.

monolithburger posted:

Mighty Saintssssssssssssss

harperdc posted:

Saaaaaiiiiinnnnttttsssss

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Sack everyone.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
You know it's going badly when SS isn't posting at all

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

I think the ashes of his membership card are getting their third or forth turn in the microwave for the season

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress has happened at Melbourne?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
SAINTERS

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

realbez posted:

The club can't handle any sort of expectation, it's a cultural issue

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Do we need to arrange a wellness check?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I actually had a really nice day. I remembered back in round 1 I was pretty pissed that I wasted a beautiful 30 degree day watching these trash idiots lose rather than going to the beach, so today I saw the forecast and went to the beach instead. Looking forward to watching some footy over the next few days

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

realbez posted:

They were never good, it was just that the Crows' hubris of having Melbourne's first round selection last year temporarily overrode Melbourne's natural awfulness.

This year we made sure to own a club's first round pick who couldn't possibly be good in any universe (Carlton) so the universe decided to punish us by bringing us down to Carlton's standard instead.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Saints are 4-1

Solemn Sloth posted:

I actually had a really nice day. I remembered back in round 1 I was pretty pissed that I wasted a beautiful 30 degree day watching these trash idiots lose rather than going to the beach, so today I saw the forecast and went to the beach instead. Looking forward to watching some footy over the next few days
This is how bad climate change is getting, Dees fans are going to the beach instead of the snow.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What was Higgins doing then?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Feel like they’re letting Sydney get away with a fair few 50/50 holding the balls and Richmond none

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Feels good to be a Sainta.