Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clarste posted:

Wild and Horned Hermit 49 (part 2) is out!

In which Kasen etc etc. Also magical hacking.

Holy moly she's pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I guess the next chapter is the last one then? Nice ride, I hope this new appearance is permanent.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

baww she still cares :3

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm partial to this theory:

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

:swoon:

Hmm... Kasen willingly giving away food instead of eating it, something's not right here.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I guess the next chapter is the last one then? Nice ride, I hope this new appearance is permanent.

ZUN's pretty big on maintaining each character's status quo after their introduction so I'm not holding my breath, but new and improved Kasen is rad as hell and I'll be pleasantly surprised if that change is permanent.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

new game should have Tenshi, Komachi & final boss Oni Kasen imo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Just make her a boss in the upcoming game! Then that will make it the new status quo!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oni’s are cool imo and if we get Oni Kasen only to have it taken away I will be sad.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

What if, hear me out: PLAYABLE Oni Kasen in touhou 17.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
we have waited nine years for that splash screen

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
worth it imo

I'm glad Kasen is just as cunning and treacherous as Suika and Yukari said she was. I thought she was gonna end up fighting her arm, but I'm glad we get superjerk Oni Kasen instead

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Carlioo posted:

I'm glad Kasen is just as cunning and treacherous as Suika and Yukari said she was.

When was that? (I mean, I vaguely remember with Yukari, but)

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

even superjerk kasen is still a mom so I appreciate she didn't just totally drop everything about her character.

Good reminder though that yeah, she's still a youkai sage and yeah, she's in the same class of people as suika and yukari.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
https://twitter.com/moiwool/status/1118483543854686208

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Neat, hoping to see otter youkai.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
New Kasen is a cool birthday present, thanks zun!

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Syritta posted:

When was that? (I mean, I vaguely remember with Yukari, but)

I was paraphrasing/misremembering, neither outright said she is. Suika knew Kasen's just after her arm though.

This chapter also makes me wonder if we'll get to see the fourth Deva in the next game. Maybe that's the final boss and Oni Kasen is the extra boss?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

nyttyn posted:

even superjerk kasen is still a mom so I appreciate she didn't just totally drop everything about her character.

Good reminder though that yeah, she's still a youkai sage and yeah, she's in the same class of people as suika and yukari.

Oni Kasen is going to come back, and no one apart from Reimu will be surprised. Everyone will just accept her for the mom she is.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kasen is my friend

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kasen will split up back up BUT now Kasen (Arm) will be around too & you'll be able to use True Oni Kasen in the next fight game only if you make a Kasen/Kasen team and get their super meter to max

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
you know

if kasen popped her horns after she fused does this mean this entire time she actually hasn't been an oni

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They were just small ok

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Gamerofthegame posted:

you know

if kasen popped her horns after she fused does this mean this entire time she actually hasn't been an oni

No, she's just pleased to see Reimu.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Still guessing this is close to canon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSGp1USZquA

Like she use the Ibaraki box of hundred medicines to gain an onis body, but losing her arm made her revert to human form.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hey do any of you guys still play Hisoutensoku or maybe one of the newer fighting games?

Hit me up on discord if ya do. (voltcatfish#8298)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Hey whatup I got another hot teaser comin' right atcha

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Unfortunately AoCF is basically impossible to play if you're not within the timezone +/-1, but word is that TasoFro is planning to test out a new patch this week so who knows, maybe in the months since the last patch they figured out this whole netplay thing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Unfortunately AoCF is basically impossible to play if you're not within the timezone +/-1, but word is that TasoFro is planning to test out a new patch this week so who knows, maybe in the months since the last patch they figured out this whole netplay thing.

I mean Hisou wasn't the most stable thing in the world neither

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Nina's my favorite performance thus far, she's nailing Miko

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

I mean Hisou wasn't the most stable thing in the world neither

The difference is we were able to play soku. If I try to connect to an American in AoCF both parties just get a black screen.

When TasoFro put the game on steam they didn't really consider the fact that it'd be played by a worldwide audience and not just a tiny island nation.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

well that's a darn shame

also hi duck how ya been

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

a cartoon duck posted:

When *Japanese dev* put the game on steam they didn't really consider the fact that it'd be played by a worldwide audience and not just a tiny island nation.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
What became of the effort to let them know how bad the English translation is, by the way? They should at least be aware of it, even if they can't or don't do anything about it.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

leather fedora posted:

When *Japanese dev* put the game on steam *translated into English* they didn't really consider the fact that it'd be played by a worldwide audience and not just a tiny island nation.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

FractalSandwich posted:

What became of the effort to let them know how bad the English translation is, by the way? They should at least be aware of it, even if they can't or don't do anything about it.

Why does that take effort? Couldn't you just tweet at them or something?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Why does that take effort? Couldn't you just tweet at them or something?
I would have thought so. Maybe TasoFro are more accessible, but people certainly talk about ZUN like he's impossible to impossible to contact with serious questions about his copyright policy, much less ordinary feedback. Maybe that's just because those people don't speak Japanese, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

El Burbo posted:

http://special.goodsmile.info/nendoroid_survey/en/

Time to decide a nendo. Don’t pick something bad tia

cross posting from the anime merch thread since there are a lot of people here that like miko

doesn’t hurt to put your voice out there just in case