Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I did it! I beat FE7! loving finally!

Good game, but man is it easy for most of it. It's only really hard at the start and end. And I'm comparing HHM's difficulty against Binding Blade normal!

Is there any sort of consensus for who's "supposed" to be Lilina's mother? There's no obvious extra plot like Ninian gets if you pair her with Eliwood. I got Farina and as far as I'm concerned that's 100% canon.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Folks have been arguing about who Lilina's mom is for like 16 years

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Amppelix posted:

I did it! I beat FE7! loving finally!

Good game, but man is it easy for most of it. It's only really hard at the start and end. And I'm comparing HHM's difficulty against Binding Blade normal!

Is there any sort of consensus for who's "supposed" to be Lilina's mother? There's no obvious extra plot like Ninian gets if you pair her with Eliwood. I got Farina and as far as I'm concerned that's 100% canon.

Lyn has some extra scenes with Hector but literally, there IS no 'Supposed'

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ah, that's good, that means I can safely consider my choice to be the only correct one.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Amppelix posted:

Ah, that's good, that means I can safely consider my choice to be the only correct one.

I mean IMO Farina is best girl for Hector, so yes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is the warriors season path worth the price? I'm just getting into the game but have heard the variety of movesets is rather low. Didn't know if it's worth getting more characters and maps if I'm generally using the same weapon skills.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Kingtheninja posted:

Is the warriors season path worth the price? I'm just getting into the game but have heard the variety of movesets is rather low. Didn't know if it's worth getting more characters and maps if I'm generally using the same weapon skills.

I liked it, but the real answer is probably not! I enjoyed it a bunch, but it costs more than it's probably worth, I just really liked the extra maps and challenges

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I devoured all the content and dlc for that game and definitely got my money's worth out of the pass. The Supports and VO are pretty good, I liked the new maps a lot, the new missions were okay, the new costumes were fun. I dunno overall it was just really enjoyable & I felt it had a nice pace. But it's such a bummer that the SD & Awakening packs only had one actually new character each.

The Fates pack is probably the best deal if you're only interested in a little extra content. It comes with 2 brand new move sets & both of them are infantry lances which is a really useful niche when your only other options are pegasuses. Since the Fates crew is like half the cast, the fact you can get all their super weapons in the dlc post game feels more worth while.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lyn and Hector flirt almost as much in Hector mode as Eliwood and Ninian do in Eliwood mode

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

That's true, there is that scene on the ship where they suddenly have a ton of chemistry that they never displayed in the story before (or after, really)

I guess that means one option has at least a bit of canon support from the game

But I can't believe Lilina as the daughter of that pair! Lyn belongs on the plains!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If they ever remake the game they'll probably do something dumb with Lyn and the player character in addition to any of the default options in the game

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

cheetah7071 posted:

Lyn and Hector flirt almost as much in Hector mode as Eliwood and Ninian do in Eliwood mode

I know pop culture has conditioned a lot of people into thinking that bickering like children is essentially the same as flirting but Lyn and Hector are two characters I genuinely cannot imagine as an item.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't wait for the remake so I can finally roleplay as death by childbirth anime mom.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

TheKingofSprings posted:

If they ever remake the game they'll probably do something dumb with Lyn and the player character in addition to any of the default options in the game
they're gonna make the strategist a My Unit, lol

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

TheKingofSprings posted:

You mean like not letting lyn marry florina?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Any FE7 remake is gonna be super awkward if they make the tactician a character who supports/romances. There's so many pairs that are basically "canon" like Eliwood/Ninian and Nino/Jaffar that it will either piss of people who want to marry their anime girlfriend but can't, or people who are mad their 15 year old shipping pairs are being supplanted by Awakening style "No canon pairs".

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only option that makes sense is that each lord gets a Peg Knight sister.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

galagazombie posted:

Any FE7 remake is gonna be super awkward if they make the tactician a character who supports/romances. There's so many pairs that are basically "canon" like Eliwood/Ninian and Nino/Jaffar that it will either piss of people who want to marry their anime girlfriend but can't, or people who are mad their 15 year old shipping pairs are being supplanted by Awakening style "No canon pairs".

Not really, both of those pairings you listed have alternate options (Erk for Nino, Lyn or Fiora for Eliwood) in the original game. As long as they don’t touch an already married couple like Pent and Louise it should be fine.

Hellioning posted:

:hai:

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Hellioning posted:

:hmmyes:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

somewhere, Palla, Catria, and Est nod in agreement

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

While we're still on fe7, i really hate how they handled the legendary/s-rank weaponry. Namely, by only giving them to you when you have barely anything to use them on. Your most powerful options for the entire game are the few brave weapons you get, and then everyone else's inventory is just the exact same arrangement of a silver weapon, a killer weapon, and a ranged option.

Hope about tuning the enemy difficulty up a bit earlier and giving you fun toys to take them on with instead? No? Ok, FE7.

Oh yeah, and the weapon variety problem is not helped by slayer weapons being essentially useless outside of the earlygame in the english version. Why, intsys, why

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 18, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Elephant Parade posted:

they're gonna make the strategist a My Unit, lol

The strategist is Lilina's canon mom.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It is now canon that the Valentians eat raw, uncooked flour.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

golden bubble posted:

It is now canon that the Valentians eat raw, uncooked flour.

It was canon ages ago, things were pretty dire for the deliverance before Alm showed up.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Look it is JUST as good as some bread and i am not using my 20 dried shellfish

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

rannum posted:

Look it is JUST as good as some bread and i am not using my 20 dried shellfish

This is true, because what if I need them more later.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
18-19th century armies regularly issued flour instead of bread if supply lines were overstressed; if there was no time to make bread the soldiers would just make a paste out of flour and water (and salt if available) and make really lovely homemade hardtack. in the american revolution/ACW they'd bake the biscuits in the ashes and embers of a spent campfire and call it firecake.

what i'm saying is that the deliverance really needs to get its poo poo together

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
Considering that both the Deliverance and Celica's group apparently eat raw flour (I think even Silque and Atlas react well to it), maybe Valentia in general has not discovered how to make hardtack yet? though that'd be weird considering you can get bread and cookies, plus the fact that Zofia had started to be in famine-like conditions.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also, wheat flour would be pretty luxurious in a time of want! If the Deliverance were lucky, they'd be getting a lot of (significantly cheaper) rye in the mix. If not, well, straw, sand, and poison darnel could usually be found in army flour.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

is that good

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i absolutely also fed my army hard old bread i found in a giant crate in a deserted ruin, which was approximately as useful as flour

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

what I'm confused about here is how any of you used any items ever after gaining some equipment for everyone

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Characters standing next to your lord can use items straight from the convoy without equipping them. It was useful occasionally

RME
Feb 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/mikumiku_ebooks/status/1119441678178426880

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Characters standing next to your lord can use items straight from the convoy without equipping them. It was useful occasionally

You know how people sometimes do elaborate rescue chains
I did that but with food.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Happy birthday weed lord

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Amppelix posted:

what I'm confused about here is how any of you used any items ever after gaining some equipment for everyone

I mainly used them in dungeons to cure fatigue.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

Amppelix posted:

I think I just used it in battle a few times I was in a pinch in hard mode. Otherwise I just gave the cheapest stuff to Mila statues for fatigue and the rest was vendor trash for forging since I didn't buy the DLC.

Some food lines were pretty funny, tho, like Python's.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Siselmo posted:

Considering that both the Deliverance and Celica's group apparently eat raw flour (I think even Silque and Atlas react well to it), maybe Valentia in general has not discovered how to make hardtack yet? though that'd be weird considering you can get bread and cookies, plus the fact that Zofia had started to be in famine-like conditions.

If they have trees and water, they could make ash cakes from the flour. If you know how to make a fire, there is no excuse for ever eating raw flour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f55ZjXt7rrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIdsJJ1w19s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017