Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Do you have any cat ear accessories? I only just realized you should put them on Vert because she's a purr-Vert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yes there are cat ears. Also Mods???

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well the good news is at least your SA account is safe...but at what cost...?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

Well the good news is at least your SA account is safe...but at what cost...?

More like what have I gained :getin:

Episode 22

Today we see the most horrifying thing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I didn't really think about this last episode, but wow, you've got the world's "divine" leaders diverting precious resources to help this early-access MMO deal with script kiddies and such crap.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thus my joke about how that would be what happens if the current POTUS played MMOs :v:

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Is it over? Can you LP anything else now? lmao

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

do NOT jack off posted:

Is it over? Can you LP anything else now? lmao

The Ride Never Ends.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Once you nep, you nep for life :unsmigghh:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Tjoeb123/status...ingawful.com%2F

I think for our own safety we should stop soon.

Edit: deleted already, that was quick.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 21, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1Z8HOGeWo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

How did you get early access to a future video :raise:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/Tjoeb123/status...ingawful.com%2F

I think for our own safety we should stop soon.

Edit: deleted already, that was quick.

What was it?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dabir posted:

What was it?

A gamer getting really really mad about censorship in Neptunia.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

A gamer getting really really mad about censorship in Neptunia.

Even funnier if it's the one I heard about : they're comparing a pre release image with the Japanese version of the game.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It was actually very meta, and referring to the insane FFXIV 1.0 fans and one of their complaints that A Realm Reborn is worse because the catgirls have smaller butts.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It was actually very meta, and referring to the insane FFXIV 1.0 fans and one of their complaints that A Realm Reborn is worse because the catgirls have smaller butts.

Hey now, I only joined in 3.4 and I'm mad about the butts too.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Same.

E: But I was there for the beta of ARR. Also because they added male catgirls

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Also its never the dev just deciding "Eh, maybe we'll do it this way" and change their mind just because. Its always an SJW feminazi conspiracy to bring down the patriarchy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
IMO Real FFXIV fans would be angrier at the smaller Roegadyn butts.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Or that catbois don't have big enough butts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Merry Christmas thread!

Oh, you didn't get me anything? Oh.. I see. Thats ok though, even though you didn't bring me anything, I brought you something!

Update 23

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Update 24

We finally meet the big bad of the game, and I finally use the Goddess characters for a change.

Next up is the post game :shepface:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I've been playing another game (CrossCode) that takes place in an MMO. It's been in EA for a long time, but recently came out with a complete version (minus the ending for a sidequest that they're still working on). I've been enjoying it a lot, though of course it's not perfect. Might wanna check it out, it has a demo you can check to see if you like the non-orthodox combat system. Also the rival character has a bitchin' theme, I really hope you get to hear it in the demo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Chapter 25

Have I mentioned that Vert is unabashedly the worst character in this game?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Episode Finale

It is over! The final episode, my trial is finally over. I thank Ibblebibble for coming along, if not for him this would've been both worse to watch and worse to commentate. I hope you all enjoyed suffering with me as we experience a game made by people who wanted to gently caress them. I'm gonna take a rest from VLPs, I do have something planned but for now I don't even want to see premier for a while. I have learned a lot through this lp, and its changed my mind on a few things. Anime isn't bad.

Its really bad.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Now for the rest of the games :getin:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Even if you do decide on that I suggest a less... this kinda game first. Prolonged exposure to this much memecry can't be healthy.

e: just finished watching the video, and all I can say is 'hey, you finished the game! you know what that means... *every character that's every videogame and console jumps out to congratulate you for your awesomely epic victory!*'

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 15, 2019

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, congratulations are in order!
And my condolences for your psyche too. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I try my best to not play bad games so getting to experience this sure was an eye opener.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Congrats on getting through this, at least, and also condolences on making this your first (and currently only) platinum. If you're seriously going to play through another round of Neps, maybe pick one of the mainline/remake games before delving into another one of the spinoffs.

Definitely space out Nep LPs with some good stuff in-between, though. Especially so before AND after playing Noire's game.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Ozdhaka posted:

Congrats on getting through this, at least, and also condolences on making this your first (and currently only) platinum. If you're seriously going to play through another round of Neps, maybe pick one of the mainline/remake games before delving into another one of the spinoffs.

Definitely space out Nep LPs with some good stuff in-between, though. Especially so before AND after playing Noire's game.

As much as I enjoy Leal's suffering, I don't want to inflict Noire's game on him. Not because of the story, which is bad but tolerably so, but because the gameplay is awful and unfun. It basically boils down to navigating around traps that the enemy ignores completely, then playing a minigame of Lesbian Orgy Logistics Simulator to kill the enemy in one turn because the combat gets seriously rocket-tag-y later in the game, kind of like Disgaea but worse in every way.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Boksi posted:

As much as I enjoy Leal's suffering, I don't want to inflict Noire's game on him. Not because of the story, which is bad but tolerably so, but because the gameplay is awful and unfun. It basically boils down to navigating around traps that the enemy ignores completely, then playing a minigame of Lesbian Orgy Logistics Simulator to kill the enemy in one turn because the combat gets seriously rocket-tag-y later in the game, kind of like Disgaea but worse in every way.

Oof, sounds like I dodged a real bullet on that when after the first stage I went 'wow this has really bad controls'. Really glad I barely paid for it thanks to a steam sale.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Boksi posted:

then playing a minigame of Lesbian Orgy Logistics Simulator to kill the enemy in one turn because the combat gets seriously rocket-tag-y later in the game, kind of like Disgaea but worse in every way.

You just described pretty much every Idiot Factory game in existence.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Boksi posted:

Lesbian Orgy Logistics Simulator

Well sign me (and Ibblebibble) the gently caress up!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Leal posted:

Look I said I was getting into yuri series lately but this is not what I meant.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Leal posted:

Ibblebibble posted:

Look I said I was getting into yuri series lately but this is not what I meant.

That name makes it sound more exciting than it actually is, it's just making sure you're adjacent to as many characters as possible when you use your skills because that makes them better(I forgot how exactly) and lets you use your super skills more often. There's a little cut-in that activates each time, but mercifully also a button to disable it once you get tired of seeing it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. There's also some yuri stuff in cutscenes, but remember that this is the game with the self-insert character.

And since I'm on a yuri tangent, I'm pretty sure Black Cat Princess was using the pronoun "onee-sama" when calling Vert "older sister". That said, I got the feeling she was too young and naive to know that word has more connotations, especially in anime, than just as a formal way to refer to an older sister.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Boksi posted:

Lesbian Orgy Logistics Simulator

So what you're saying is that Leal should literally play this game for the LOLS.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

So what you're saying is that Leal should literally play this game for the LOLS.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Weird, the thread isn't archived yet. So on today, the 1 year anniversary of the thread, I bear this gift to you guys from DLC that steam has notified me about.

Remember the comments about how the 4 goddesses are just the original 4 girls, but with less clothes?

Now you can put those even less clothes on the original girls!

Oh and all the Nep games are like 90% off or some poo poo have fun with that you degenerates.