Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Steve-O knows that feeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Seriously, who gets a tattoo of their own name?

good company

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
That's not beefcake, it's hamburger helper in a ziploc.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I was going to suggest MR. COOL ICE as another example, but in that case at least it's like a self-bestowed nickname. And an enormous butt of jokes.

I can almost imagine a non-terrible example of a pro wrestler getting their stage name (or team name) tattooed somewhere on them, like I wouldn't begrudge Sean "X-Pac" Waltman getting a DX tattoo, versus like SEAN WALTMAN written across one's chest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now I get why he grew a beard and typically wears a hat and shades on his streams. Anything to distract.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Skwirl posted:

Seriously, who gets a tattoo of their own name?

The man who saved us all from Shinnok's wrath, that's who.

Coincidentally, the new MK game is pissing off the alt-right guys for various reasons, so that's fun.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, I already saw Hambly had a monetized tantrum.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Gavok posted:

The man who saved us all from Shinnok's wrath, that's who.

Coincidentally, the new MK game is pissing off the alt-right guys for various reasons, so that's fun.

Those various reasons boil down to “the women are dressed now.” And keep in mind there’s still cleavage, useless armor, and pin-heeled shoes*, but since MK realized having mostly-naked tits flapping about actually sells less than visually well-developed :haw: characters the usual dudebros are having their pissfits. I saw a guy wearing a shirt of a bikini-wearing Jade that looked like it was 15 years old (bits of the design faded and peeling off) and wondered if it was in protest.

* there’s an x-ray of Kitana driving blades into an opponent’s face with a kick and what a missed opportunity to have her do it with her shoes instead.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Want some fun? Go over to Don Cheadle's Twitter and look at the people trying to get him to admit that he and the other Avengers actors hate Brie Larson.

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1120135133300813824

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1120108059509100544

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1120140512722178049

"Something's up even if there isn't." Great work, Veronica Mars.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Those various reasons boil down to “the women are dressed now.” And keep in mind there’s still cleavage, useless armor, and pin-heeled shoes*, but since MK realized having mostly-naked tits flapping about actually sells less than visually well-developed :haw: characters the usual dudebros are having their pissfits. I saw a guy wearing a shirt of a bikini-wearing Jade that looked like it was 15 years old (bits of the design faded and peeling off) and wondered if it was in protest.

* there’s an x-ray of Kitana driving blades into an opponent’s face with a kick and what a missed opportunity to have her do it with her shoes instead.

Oh, there's more. Some people are mad that Kitana is now portrayed as Asian and there's a hilarious backlash to Jax's arcade mode ending because he uses time travel to end slavery.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Want some fun? Go over to Don Cheadle's Twitter and look at the people trying to get him to admit that he and the other Avengers actors hate Brie Larson.

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1120135133300813824

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1120108059509100544

I don’t want to give that YouTube video a view, but I do want to see Brie elbowing him and his reaction. Anyone know the source?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

There's also the more... obvious reasons about having highly sexualized designs being combined with over the top ultraviolence and the franchise has courted enough controversy in it's time.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

A whole contingent of people are also mad at MK11 because in Jax's arcade(?) mode ending he goes back in time to prevent slavery from ever happening.

The anger surrounding this reminds of that one guy who called Tim Schafer a virtue signaler for saying white supremacy is bad.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

David D. Davidson posted:

There's also the more... obvious reasons about having highly sexualized designs being combined with over the top ultraviolence and the franchise has courted enough controversy in it's time.

Isn't that the only reason anyone buys that game? Is it actually any good without skin and violence?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

lifg posted:

Isn't that the only reason anyone buys that game? Is it actually any good without skin and violence?

It's not my style of fighting game, but it's still a pretty good game. Netherealms are also the kings of having a ton of single player content.

Also as Gavok alluded to, Johnny Cage is one of the best fighting game characters ever.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1120140512722178049

"Something's up even if there isn't." Great work, Veronica Mars.

To be fair, that's not what's being said.

He's saying "It's reasonable to assume that interviews and behind-the-scenes clips are reliable sources to use to figure out what's happening in real life, so it's reasonable for us to try to use them to confirm our narrative discover what's going on."

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Puppy Time posted:

To be fair, that's not what's being said.

He's saying "It's reasonable to assume that interviews and behind-the-scenes clips are reliable sources to use to figure out what's happening in real life, so it's reasonable for us to try to use them to confirm our narrative discover what's going on."

Except digging for random crap to confirm for your conspiracy theory in absence of any general evidence isn't reasonable at all. I had a friend who said of the original gamergate poo poo "Sure, but IF there is something going on the public has a right to know" ignoring that there was no evidence of anything going on, and if we need to examine every dumb claim that has no evidence there's an endless amount of amateur detective bullshit people can come up with.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Every reason not to? Are they still salty over what she said about critics?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bessantj posted:

Every reason not to? Are they still salty over what she said about critics?

*What she said about members of press in prerelease functions and interviews.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

*What she said about members of press in prerelease functions and interviews.

Did she say anything beyond not caring so much about what white middle aged male critics said about A Wrinkle in Time?

I had a look at some stories on Bounding into Comics (is that a chud site?) and I don't see what these people are getting at, she had a fun exchange with Hemsworth that people seem desperate to turn into a poo poo fight and she differs with Renner about what she wants to do with celebrity which...ok I guess.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Bounding is a terrible chud site. I had a protracted battle with Google's algorithm to get that off of my Discover.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bessantj posted:

Did she say anything beyond not caring so much about what white middle aged male critics said about A Wrinkle in Time?

I had a look at some stories on Bounding into Comics (is that a chud site?) and I don't see what these people are getting at, she had a fun exchange with Hemsworth that people seem desperate to turn into a poo poo fight and she differs with Renner about what she wants to do with celebrity which...ok I guess.

Bounding Into Comics and Bleeding Fool are both giant ComicsGate house organs. BiC is run by noted absolute twit Edwin Boyette.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dreqqus posted:

Bounding is a terrible chud site. I had a protracted battle with Google's algorithm to get that off of my Discover.

No surprise. Google is a chud site, too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Watch out in Twitter things involving CHUDs right now. They're posting endgame spoilers at people.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dreqqus posted:

Dawgstar posted:

Bounding Into Comics and Bleeding Fool are both giant ComicsGate house organs. BiC is run by noted absolute twit Edwin Boyette.

Thanks. I thought that was the case after seeing some of the headlines on the site.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheLastRaid/status/1120503190846431232

If you look closely you can watch ComicsGate's brains dribble out their nose.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do they not know what an anthology is?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
That's certainly the prevailing question of the day.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

They almost certainly do not.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sorry for the length, but I thought folks might be interested. Waid posted an update on his legal situation.

Mark Waid lawsuit update posted:

I'm sending this out to my GoFundMe supporters shortly. It's a happy update on the lawsuit filed against me by Richard Meyer, one of the perceived leaders of ComicsGate, and it bears repeating here. Feel free to share far and wide, but prepare to be assailed by ComicsGate harassment if you do.

As you’ll recall, the main claim in the Plaintiff’s publicity-seeking lawsuit against me is that I committed what’s known as “tortious interference” by phoning his potential Publisher to allegedly coerce and intimidate him into cancelling a graphic novel contract he had with the Plaintiff. This has been the relentless, unending narrative of the Plaintiff and his followers since May 2018. There have been thousands and thousands of social media posts and hundreds of hours of YouTube videos since then putting this forth to be the absolute, unassailable truth, using it--worst of all--as an excuse to spew all sorts of objectively bigoted, racist, misogynist bile towards any one of you who might defend or believe in me.
But here’s the thing. 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗳 𝗸𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘆𝗼𝘂.

The Publisher who I allegedly “threatened” and “coerced” was deposed last month and gave 𝙝𝙞𝙨 testimony, under oath. Here’s a link to our recent Court filing that allows you to read that testimony in greater context--I encourage you to--but let’s cut right to the heart of it. These, emphasis added, are the Publisher’s 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 statements regarding the unendingly repeated allegation that I somehow “muscled” him, statements made under threat of perjury:

Q: Did – you made the decision for Antarctic Press; correct?
A: Correct.
Q: And that was your decision; correct?
A: 100 percent.
Q: And you made that decision voluntarily?
A: Correct.
𝗤: 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗪𝗮𝗶𝗱, 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗔𝗣 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗿. 𝗠𝗲𝘆𝗲𝗿’𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸?
𝗔: 𝗡𝗼.

This, finally, publicly validates everything both I and the Publisher have said to anyone who would listen. Again, 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗮𝘁𝗵, 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗳’𝘀 𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗺𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗳’𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸. There’s no “however” following his statement. There’s no “but...” Go read the 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 deposition. It reveals the 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 factors that contributed to his decision, 𝗻𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱, 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. The 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 factors include damning correspondence (from before my alleged “interference”) from AP’s own editor-in-chief--a “good friend, almost family”--telling the Publisher he did not want AP associated with Plaintiff because of the Plaintiff’s own conduct or else the EIC would want his name removed from all of AP’s books. Don’t have time to read the deposition? It’s all nicely summarized in my lawyers’ very enlightening reply to the Plaintiff’s most recent claims. Enjoy.
The Publisher’s statements under oath obliterate Plaintiff’s claims against me. That’s the truth that the Plaintiff doesn’t want you to hear. We know he doesn’t want you to hear that because last week, the Plaintiff circulated carefully selected excerpts from the Publisher’s deposition in an apparent attempt to manipulate public opinion. In other words, as my lawyers explained to the Court, “Plaintiff cherry-picks from [Publisher’s] testimony to support his arguments and then 𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘆 AP decided against publishing Plaintiff’s book because of Plaintiff’s own conduct—not anything to do with Waid.”

Let that sink in. As the Plaintiff well knew but chose not to reveal, the actual deposition makes it clear what I have been saying since May of 2018, that I in no way caused a Publisher to pull his support from the Plaintiff or cancel their contract--an executed contract, by the way, that no one has yet produced into evidence because the Publisher admitted under oath that 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗲𝗱.

Now here’s what I want you to remember. This is your takeaway. This is why it’s so important to prove to the Court once and for all that this is nothing more than a publicity-seeking nuisance suit:

As is abundantly clear from the Publisher’s own statements made under oath, from this point on, with the truth made clear as day, if any of the Plaintiff’s followers try to tell you that I did anything wrong that 𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘆 justifies Plaintiff’s lawsuit, they are 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂.
They are 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 in order to paint themselves as victims.
They are 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 in order to keep you contributing to their crowdfunding efforts.
They are 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 in order to claim some sort of moral high ground that they believe makes it honorable to spew hateful, disgusting abuse that mocks and condemns women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and others.

𝗥𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁. Remind others of it. If they try to lie to you, 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁𝘀. If they try to gaslight you, 𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿 them with the facts. Throw the Publisher’s statement in their face. Keep doing it, because there is no better way to show the world that they 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀 for their own gain.

So where does this leave us? I wish I could say that all this puts an end to this nonsense. Unfortunately, the Courts move slowly, and we won’t know what happens next for some time yet. What I can say is “thank you.” Thank you for joining me in this ongoing fight against falsehoods and against those would use this clearly unfounded lawsuit as a platform from which to preach hatred and intolerance. I’m obviously unhappy about how those who lie have spent a year attempting to smear my reputation, but I can handle it. What’s crucial to keep in mind is that the harassment I’ve experienced is only a tiny fraction of the ugliness and hate that people who experience online bigotry, racism, and misogyny have to deal with every single day. Let us never lose sight of that fact.

Right now, we’re in a good place because the facts are inarguably on our side. If I need your assistance again--and I may well--I’ll send up the signal. In the meantime, I will continue to keep you apprised whenever I legally can. Be well.

If Antarctic says "no, he didn't," what else does Dickie have at this point?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're claiming AP is lying for Waid.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Watch out in Twitter things involving CHUDs right now. They're posting endgame spoilers at people.

I mean. Seems like they could be doing worse.

Endless Mike posted:

They demonstrably do not. They 100% think crowdfunding is for maintaining a creator’s lifestyle of lobster and plastic statue disfiguration TOTL and can’t figure out why you’d raise money for like pagerates and printing costs and shipping to release a physical product

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Sorry for the length, but I thought folks might be interested. Waid posted an update on his legal situation.

If Antarctic says "no, he didn't," what else does Dickie have at this point?

The same thing he always had: "Everyone else is lying."

If facts mattered to this group, none of the -gates would have happened. Their feelings don't care about the facts.

E:

Vince MechMahon posted:

poo poo, FYAD does that all the time.

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 23, 2019

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Puppy Time posted:

poo poo, FYAD does that all the time.

They did say CHUDS, yes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

... clown banana poop?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
More poo poo from the Mark Waid lawsuit.

https://twitter.com/ZackDavisson/status/1120867013050560512

I saw the EiC said they wouldn't put their name on the book, didn't know the rest.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if nothing else the money that dickhead will owe everybody will be so humongous that he wont be able to do anything ever again until hes like fuckin 80yo

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

site posted:

if nothing else the money that dickhead will owe everybody will be so humongous that he wont be able to do anything ever again until hes like fuckin 80yo

He's not doing anything now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, CG thinks they have it covered. This was the "evidence" that the deposition was a lie.

https://twitter.com/AndreaCheeseca1/status/1120852830594588672