Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WHERE THE gently caress IS WALLACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

WHERE THE gently caress IS WALLACE

:omarcomin:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1119243688939540480

Now that's a stat

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Woah, I didn't realize the Bulls had locked down the "at least a few mediocre rebounders" part of their rebuild! If they can manage to get 2 or 3 guys who can score 10 pts in 3 out of 5 games next season, they should be all set.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lol the poor intern that had to spend time playing around on Bball ref to get a positive combination of rebounds and streak.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The elusive single-(half-double) streak almost reached double digits!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Fun fact, Felicio had more than double the win shares of Wiggins

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Officially in this thread.

Season was pretty much over when Oladipo went down. I wont be the guy who says Pacers take the series if he's there, but it goes at least 6 games. Hope he comes back healthy. Someone is going to like Tyreke Evans next year; too bad he just never fit. I hope they bring back Thad. Not sure if Bogey stays, someone is going to offer him something crazy.

GUARANTEED

Victor Oladipo
Myles Turner
Doug McDermott
Domantas Sabonis
TJ Leaf
Aaron Holiday

FREE AGENTS
Thaddeus Young
Wesley Matthews
Cory Joseph
Tyreke Evans
Bojan Bogdanovic
Darren Collison
Kyle O’Quinn

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

(Sound of an rear end ripping in the distance)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome Pacer fans. You did not deserve to be the only swept team.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
tyreke is bad and no one should sign him imo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

tyreke is bad and no one should sign him imo

someone should because his handles in 2k catch people off guard and make him fun to use.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Tyreke once told the Pacers he was too sick to play then was spotted at the Liquor store during the game.

Pay that man.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there should be a rule that lance is not allowed to play for any team but the pacers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rick posted:

Welcome Pacer fans. You did not deserve to be the only swept team.

So far. Bucks could sweep the Pistons tomorrow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

R.D. Mangles posted:

there should be a rule that lance is not allowed to play for any team but the pacers

He has to fill in the irritating poo poo role left behind by Reggie's retirement.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Beautiful.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shaq's outfit :allears:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/thefarmerjones/status/1119781388595679232

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

man i remember when Doughy Kevin Love was a meme

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Declan MacManus posted:

man i remember when Doughy Kevin Love was a meme

He did have a little weight on him in the earlier MN days, but it didn't really matter since he was sneaky-strong and plenty enough athletic.

People also complained right here on this board that he took too many 3s and that hurt his offensive rebounding numbers. Time is a flat circle.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

He did have a little weight on him in the earlier MN days, but it didn't really matter since he was sneaky-strong and plenty enough athletic.

People also complained right here on this board that he took too many 3s and that hurt his offensive rebounding numbers. Time is a flat circle.
Outlet passing.
:boom:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Well gently caress

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Since 2008 apparently Detroit has lost 14 playoff games in a row?
How do you have that kind of cross generational pants-making GBS threads? How is Detroit always Detroit regardless of the sport? So many questions and a lot more shame

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Welcome Piston Fans. Your team played hard and snatched a playoff spot from teams that had penciled in being there, and the Pistons played hard in the games against the Bucks even though it didn't matter but was still cool to watch.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Some things Detroit could do to improve

Figure out a way to get Drummond back to handling the ball and passing from the elbow that Blake took away from him this year

Get a better back up center so that Drummond can play shorter minutes to deal with his constant fatigue

This is a good boom or bust all the way from 3-25 draft so they could find a good wing or surprising point guard

Re-sign Ish Smith if they can afford him

Shuffle through another set of cheap wings to see if anything comes of it

They might want to trade Jon Leueur since he'll be expiring and Casey doesn't like to play him.

Somehow not play Blake Griffin until the playoffs

sweet thursday posted:

Since 2008 apparently Detroit has lost 14 playoff games in a row?
How do you have that kind of cross generational pants-making GBS threads? How is Detroit always Detroit regardless of the sport? So many questions and a lot more shame
Detroit was a proud and noble franchise that fell apart as its owner, the beloved bill davidson, got ill and had to turn over control to his family, and when they sold the team it was a disaster with some of the best scouts and training people in the league fired at once. The only hope is that the new GM and his lackeys can find some stars in the mid first round or make some genius trade

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 23, 2019

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Yeah, re-signing Ish is a good priority. If they can find a way to get rid of Leuer, it'd be a miracle, but every other team with cap space this year is going to go for any number of worthwhile free agents available.

Get young guys that play with effort. That's the kind of team Casey can do something with.

I agree that Drummond needs to get back to that high post, elbow passing game. They were doing it against Milwaukee during the series a little bit, but their defense did a great job cutting off passing lanes and following everyone making cuts. In those instances, Drummond has to be able to shoot from the elbow.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the nba needs to start rigging lotteries so that we can get the bulls and pistons to be good at the same time for the first time in like 30 years

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1120548606392639488

what

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I guess they're trying to hire Monty Williams.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Kenny lookin' strong

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
hey guys Rockets fan checking in

hope the fish are biting today

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vinestalk posted:

Yeah, re-signing Ish is a good priority. If they can find a way to get rid of Leuer, it'd be a miracle, but every other team with cap space this year is going to go for any number of worthwhile free agents available.

Get young guys that play with effort. That's the kind of team Casey can do something with.

I agree that Drummond needs to get back to that high post, elbow passing game. They were doing it against Milwaukee during the series a little bit, but their defense did a great job cutting off passing lanes and following everyone making cuts. In those instances, Drummond has to be able to shoot from the elbow.
Miscellany:

Michael kidd Gilchrist is a free agent this summer, and so is marcus morris, josh jackson is available for trade, I wouldn't mind detroit adding a hard nosed wing with whatever MLE dollars they have after paying Ish (which seems incredibly likely.)

I keep seeing "trade Reggie" stuff but until the day before the trade deadline when teams are in need of big expiring deals, I don't see him moving.

Kawhi Leonard proably won't sign with detroit.

Other team stuff:
I wonder if Harrison Barnes will make less next year than this year

Deandre Jordan is destined to be the very small third of the knicks big three of Kevin Durant, kyrie and himself.

There's probably a zero percent chance that bucks don't re-sign Middleton

Tomas Satoransky would be a good 6th/7th man for a lot of teams but Ithink washington wants to keep him.

The fact that this draft is so murky is very enticing to me. The middle of the pack teams seem as likely to find a guy as the teams not picking Zion and maybe Morant. (Just realized he has the same last name as the man from game of thrones)

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Kawhi Leonard proably won't sign with detroit.

gently caress

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Better to be a Piston than Pissed On as my grandma never used to say

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi Thunder

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Welcome Thunder fans. I wonder what a healthy Paul George would have meant for you.

Welcome Nets fan. Respectful season, the future is bright.

Magic fans, your team won the second most games in the last quarter of the season. I am sorry that Kawhi is immune from the brain problems that normally afflict the Raptors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope dre will be able to play next season and be able to play at his best ability