Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Instead of watching an anime version of all these Japanese authors I've decided to read their books instead.

and also watch an anime version of someone reading their books too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I hate you

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I am Cornholio, I need subtitles for my Bungo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

I am Cornholio, I need subtitles for my Bungo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in a new chapter of the relentless pro militarization and pro gun campaign anime is throwing at us with franchises such as girls frontline, the moe sol 'rifle is beautiful' will be adapted into an anime

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I guess yotsuba finally snapped

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I miss when the girls just played musical instruments and didn't advertise war ships or guns.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I can't wait for the girls frontline anime

war ftw

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
*reading the Azur Lane ToS out loud*

"We will glorify war – the world's only hygiene – militarism, the destructive gesture of freedom-bringers, beautiful ideas worth dying for and scorn of woman,"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Girls with guns anime peaked with Sabagebu and I don't know why they keep trying.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

The depressing part is that GFL has a really cool post-apoc setting and aesthetic that you could totally tear out and have the characters just be regular characters that aren't embodiments of guns

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

idk, guns have such a different cultural context there that it seems fine

like that sol show is probably about sport shooting or airsoft like all the others

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Merilan posted:

The depressing part is that GFL has a really cool post-apoc setting and aesthetic that you could totally tear out and have the characters just be regular characters that aren't embodiments of guns

They're androids that are designed to work with a specific gun so it's really not that different from any other near future sci fi thing where people use modern day guns except with more fun designs and the occasional deep cut like with Ribeyrolles

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

considering that the entire plot of gfl is that humans created a world in which robots could fight wars with guns themselves and then the world went so completely to poo poo that only the barest remnants of human culture and art remain, i dont think gfl is uncritical towards gun culture

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Davincie posted:

in a new chapter of the relentless pro militarization and pro gun campaign anime is throwing at us with franchises such as girls frontline, the moe sol 'rifle is beautiful' will be adapted into an anime

I know nothing about this IP, but those look like airsoft

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I know nothing about this IP, but those look like airsoft

They look like 10 meter target rifles, Olympic Sports shooting type stuff that normally uses precharged pneumatic cylinders for power.

It's gonna be a sports show and not the sign of the decline of civilization lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think dav was being sincere also

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I thought this was a sincerity only forum

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the gijinka handwringing is always weird to me because I've never seen people who specifically condemn them extend that critique to violence (incl gun violence) existing for entertainment in media in general, and often enjoy far more ultraviolent media than the three popular mobile games this stuff is mostly confined to

dav is baiting but it's an interesting discussion imo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

i dont think dav was being sincere also

that was for crabtree

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Crabtree posted:

I miss when the girls just played musical instruments and didn't advertise war ships or guns.

why not both

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
glasses occult civil servant is basically Mulder but with demons instead of aliens lol

also coyote boyfriend has joined the team :3:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They shoot these lil things that are just the lead equivalent of a paper hole punch and their air rifles always look like really wierd space guns. I'm not super interested in olypmic shooting but their kits always looked neat.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Endorph posted:

considering that the entire plot of gfl is that humans created a world in which robots could fight wars with guns themselves and then the world went so completely to poo poo that only the barest remnants of human culture and art remain, i dont think gfl is uncritical towards gun culture

honestly i was just thinking about the part where a bunch of korean schoolkids scooby doo their way into some lab facility and releases some kind of collapse fluid that causes most of the world to get screwed

but yeah that too

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Carole & Tuesday is really good so far, for anyone who doesn't care to wait for Netflix to eventually release it in 6 months.

I really like their depiction of the city on Mars, it feels a lot like a real city.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The OP in particular is fuckin' stunning. I'm not sure we'll see a better OP all year.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/fcctrn.webm

It's a really good OP, yeah.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

the gijinka handwringing is always weird to me because I've never seen people who specifically condemn them extend that critique to violence (incl gun violence) existing for entertainment in media in general, and often enjoy far more ultraviolent media than the three popular mobile games this stuff is mostly confined to

dav is baiting but it's an interesting discussion imo

Kantai Collection in particular bothers people because it's specifically glorifying the IJN, and I think the other mobile games attract controversy in part by association with Kantai Collection. But obviously that's not the only reason.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lets talk about the real probelamtic part of gacha games:

granblue fantasy pavloving people into wanting to gently caress armpits

e: ^oh that's probably fair

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 22, 2019

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If it helps azur lane is Chinese developed, ate into Kancolle's space, and made an involved dude mad about not respecting the memory of the imperial Japanese navy enough

e: I stil like some of the designs though

Motto fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 22, 2019

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
adult men on twitter post pictures of themselves wearing the miniskirt and thong from kancolle so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

OP is really good.

Here is the staff that worked on that OP.

https://twitter.com/liborek3/status/1118555324808617986

Lyrics / Composed / Arranged:Nulbarich
Sung by Nai Br.XX & Celeina Ann

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

adult men on twitter post pictures of themselves wearing the miniskirt and thong from kancolle so it's impossible to say if it's bad or not

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Motto posted:

If it helps azur lane is Chinese developed, ate into Kancolle's space, and made an involved dude mad about not respecting the memory of the imperial Japanese navy enough

Azur Lane also avoided the uncomfortable pro-Axis Powers implications just by having non Japanese boats from the start instead of being coy about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

Kantai Collection in particular bothers people because it's specifically glorifying the IJN, and I think the other mobile games attract controversy in part by association with Kantai Collection. But obviously that's not the only reason.
neither azur lane nor gfl are jp-developed

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Motto posted:

I thought one of the artists quit in a massive huff because the staff weren't patriotically Chinese enough? Or is this another incident?

CN gacha artist drama is insane.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

idk about that but there's a section of insane rightwing jp internet that's convinced the money from azur lane is going directly into the chinese military in order to fund the invasion of japan

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i only know about some of the gfl drama like someone told me the story of one of their artists resigning publically on twitter complaining about management, and the ceo fired shots on weibo which dragged someone else from the team that also got fired... except they live in the same house as the ceo

and one of the other artists got run over by a car and hasn't recovered, and one of the most prolific ones is literally a cop

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Buy War Bonds posters but instead of war bonds its Azur Lane gacha tickets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

at least Cygames is using gacha money for anime like Zombieland Saga (please ignore the second Rage of Bahamut anime please)