Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Taima posted:

Really? Can you post a link to a historic 6 series price well under $500? The deal I just posted for the 617 for $473 is about as low as I've seen.

"Well under" may have been sounded a bit more aggressive than I meant it. I just meant not $499.99.

Looks like you're right about that being about the best price for the 55R617. I may have been thinking of the 615.
https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?searchin=first&vote=10&forumchoice%5B%5D=9&forumchoice%5B%5D=30&q=TCL+55R617&r=1

The 55R615 (same TV, but with an IR remote instead of RF) has been as low as $440:
https://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?searchin=first&vote=10&forumchoice%5B%5D=9&forumchoice%5B%5D=30&q=TCL+55R615&r=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Went to Costco today. Super annoyed that they have those 32 degrees t-shirts in only white or black for men. I really like the material, and the cost is great, but even a loving gray would be an improvement.

Seriously pissed about that right now. Unless I hand wash them the black ones find EVERY. SINGLE. loving. BIT. OF. FLUFF. in my shared apartment washers and dryers.
I was hoping to replace mine this year, because they're really not very durable, but welp.

Who do the buyers think is going to snatch up all those loving white tshirts? You never see people wearing that poo poo in public.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Praise to the Buffalo modal boxers though, best poo poo my dick ever touched. PBUC

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

MisterOblivious posted:

Seriously pissed about that right now. Unless I hand wash them the black ones find EVERY. SINGLE. loving. BIT. OF. FLUFF. in my shared apartment washers and dryers.
I was hoping to replace mine this year, because they're really not very durable, but welp.

Who do the buyers think is going to snatch up all those loving white tshirts? You never see people wearing that poo poo in public.

Me right here. 32 Degrees Heat white undershirts in winter, 32 Degrees Cool white undershirts in summer. I get like 4 per year.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Having owned both, I'd definitely get a slightly smaller TCL over a large Hisense, all else equal (4k etc).

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Somehow my 32 degree charcoal / navy shirts endure, like the plastic in landfills.

They now have in four non-matte white and black colors -- a 32 degree polo, for 8 American dollars!

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 22, 2019

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Crusty Nutsack posted:

The grocery thing depends on the area, I think. There's a lot of grocery store competition where I am, so I get a lot of food cheaper shopping ads (or just at one particular giant local store) than I do at Sam's or Costco. For example, I'm on the watch for cheap potato chips right now because of a tailgate for 50 people I'm doing in May. Chips at Sam's (I have a membership at both Sam's and Costco, but Sam's is more convenient) are 23 cents/ounce, but a sale at the grocery store last week was 19 cents/ounce. On the other hand, tortilla chips are way cheaper in a big box at Sam's than I've ever seen at a regular store.

tl;dr you can find cheaper grocery stuff than Costco or Sam's, but it takes effort/time/inconvenience
This is p wrong unless your only shopping options are the more expensive grocery chains. Fresh produce is cheaper almost anywhere other than costco for fruit/veg/poultry/pork. Costco is super good on dairy and has a better bargain for high quality beef but unless you're living off frozen and snack foods it's prolly not gonna cut your food budget. I enjoy shopping for deals so I'm fairly in tune with prices for my area and even without weekly ads/coupons you can get way better deals on most food staples just by default at a winco or such and if you do just shop weekly with ads even the pricier chains like safeway will beat it. Foodwise costco is great on dairy, processed foods, and more expensive items but you'd be better off buying your weekly staples elsewhere unless you're super into individually packaged organic non gmo branded stuff.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ArbitraryC posted:

This is p wrong unless your only shopping options are the more expensive grocery chains. Fresh produce is cheaper almost anywhere other than costco for fruit/veg/poultry/pork. Costco is super good on dairy and has a better bargain for high quality beef but unless you're living off frozen and snack foods it's prolly not gonna cut your food budget. I enjoy shopping for deals so I'm fairly in tune with prices for my area and even without weekly ads/coupons you can get way better deals on most food staples just by default at a winco or such and if you do just shop weekly with ads even the pricier chains like safeway will beat it. Foodwise costco is great on dairy, processed foods, and more expensive items but you'd be better off buying your weekly staples elsewhere unless you're super into individually packaged organic non gmo branded stuff.

I'm not sure what you're saying is pretty wrong since we pretty much agree? you can get most stuff cheaper at regular stores, it sometimes just takes time and ad watching. that's what many people don't want to spend the effort doing so they just default to costco and think it's the greatest/cheapest

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Asian supermarket produce is always the most cost effective, and generally good quality, but you have to pick and choose the fresh stuff. They don't really do organic either, for the most part.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ive got a local asian-ran produce market and it's definitely the cheapest place to buy a huge variety of common and rarer groceries, many organic as well. also got a small duo store (berkeley bowl) that's more traditional grocery-store sized with emphasis on produce but also staples and bulk goods and it's pretty cheap and good. costco still probably is better for some things (i.e. giant bag of potatoes or garlic) if you need the quantity.

but every single Big Chain like Safeway or Albertson or Raleys or something is just utter overpriced trash that even if something is on sale, it's awful. Safeway regularly charges $2.99 for a single red bell pepper and maybe $1.99 on sale but you can't always guarantee a sale and their produce sales are fairly rare, and garbage. seriously, gently caress safeway. it's often the only game in town for a lot of places.

I can't speak to Wincos because I havent been to one but they don't look like their super common and the nearest one is like 50+ minutes away. I'm sure they're good and cheap though.

weirdly, I don't find farmers markets good value and have neither been impressed by quality or price. you'd think for "cutting out the middle-man" they'd be cheaper but it's commonly a lot more expensive than even local produce markets that have the exact same farm products.

costco's giant carton or bag of spinach, garlic, lettuce, asparagus, potatoes, onions are just very good deals. I often don't even finish the giant box of spinach but for like $3.50 its way better than typical BIg Grocery price of $4+ for a a small wilted handful of lettuce/spinach. a lot of other things they aren't very good for though.

i do save a lot more money overall just getting my produce from the market because i often don't need that quantity and even on a per unit price it can be cheaper

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Asian supermarket produce is always the most cost effective, and generally good quality, but you have to pick and choose the fresh stuff. They don't really do organic either, for the most part.

This but the Hispanic stores in SoCal

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

MarcusSA posted:

H mart has good sales on meat. At least from what I remember back in my college days down there. On that note, I miss when pork belly was unpopular.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Wtf who's saying costco has overpriced produce. I can get like a 7 lbs back for broccoli florets for like 3-4 bucks. A pack of 6 shucked sweet corns for like 3 bucks and a bag of god drat (gold) avacados for 7 bucks.

I'll agree that costco doesn't have a vast variety of produce but what they have they got in abundance.

!!!!?!??!?!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

This but the Persian stores in SoCal.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Xaris posted:

ive got a local asian-ran produce market and it's definitely the cheapest place to buy a huge variety of common and rarer groceries,
Hell yes H-Mart in the Denver area is where I go for all produce. They regularly have bags of ~5 eggplants as long as my arm for $1. King Oyster Mushrooms :yum:

Got a boneless leg of lamb for $5.99lb at Costco the other day which is enough for 5 or 6 curries!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Ok well super king is amazing and you are 100% correct but! There are way more Hispanic stores around.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Winco owns and is pretty much the only other grocery store I shop at. I shopped there today. Because of how their deals work you sometimes end up with some quirks, for example the smaller jar of peanut butter was on sale and the larger one wasn't. Just bought 2 smaller ones for less per ounce and shrugged. Also my cashier today had her little Winco Retirement Millionaire pin on her apron so I congratulated her.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Winco owns and is pretty much the only other grocery store I shop at. I shopped there today. Because of how their deals work you sometimes end up with some quirks, for example the smaller jar of peanut butter was on sale and the larger one wasn't. Just bought 2 smaller ones for less per ounce and shrugged. Also my cashier today had her little Winco Retirement Millionaire pin on her apron so I congratulated her.

Winco does infact own. They're employee owned and they have the best deals out of all the supermarkets.

My Winco is like 20 minutes away though so I usually end up shopping at Save-Mart which isn't great deals wise but is like 20% cheaper than the local Raley's or Bel-Air.

I usually only buy toilet paper, paper towels, ground beef, chicken and butter at the Church. I'll also buy random frozen meals there and the big rear end container of Parmesan cheese because I don't make toast without Parm and some garlic on there.

I'm about to go looking for Awesom' Sauce though, that poo poo sounds delicious

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 23, 2019

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Not been Costco for a few weeks but I’m going tonight :c00lbert:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

FogHelmut posted:

I prefer SuperKing but Fresh Choice Marketplace is good too. Either of those places just have way better produce at way cheaper prices than regular chain grocers.

I need to go to the 'co to get some more peanut butter, honey, ground turkey and coffee though. I like buying the broccoli florets as well because I'm too lazy to cut up whole crowns and SK doesn't sell bags of florets for whatever reason.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

H mart has good sales on meat. At least from what I remember back in my college days down there. On that note, I miss when pork belly was unpopular.

H Mart is cool if you're having a party and need meats that you cook together (hot pot or kbbq style) as a group. They do a good job on presentation/cutting the meats but I don't find them cheaper than other places normally.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

I love Winco and try to buy everything I don't get at Costco there, and their meat is cheaper, but it's also not as good of a quality (e.g. all their beef is Select, that's why it's cheaper, Costco has all Choice or Prime).

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Azuren posted:

I love Winco and try to buy everything I don't get at Costco there, and their meat is cheaper, but it's also not as good of a quality (e.g. all their beef is Select, that's why it's cheaper, Costco has all Choice or Prime).

We hardly eat beef anymore but when we do it's always New York strip on the grill. I've become such a snob that only Prime will do :negative:

We can tell when a steak isn't prime and that's a bummer because it means only the expensive grades.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
Did anyone use the Co to buy a car? I noticed some service is included with membership and just starting to weigh options.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Secht posted:

Did anyone use the Co to buy a car? I noticed some service is included with membership and just starting to weigh options.

I know a few people that have used their quotes to leverage a better deal with the dealer but I’m not sure if anyone has actually bought one through them (that I know).

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Secht posted:

I have but it was a few years ago.

Opinions seems to be that if you can haggle you'll always do better than the Costco offer, but if you just want to go in with minimal hassle and buy a car at a pre-determined, good enough price then Costco is the way to go.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

My brother did it and got a $700 costco card as part of the deal.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Secht posted:

Yes, bought a Toyota Sienna through Costco Auto last year. Very easy process and excellent price. Could I have saved a few hundred bucks doing all the work myself? Maybe. But it would not have been worth the extra effort.

I tried and failed to buy a Genesis through the program a few years ago, so what kind of car and your local market will influence how it works for you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RZA Encryption posted:

My brother did it and got a $700 costco card as part of the deal.

Thats 466 hot dogs + sodas (with refills)!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I like this math.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Chinatown posted:

It's 420 dogs with refill and $69 back!

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

therobit posted:

Unbelievably blessed by how nice Costco is

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's alotta DAWGS

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

therobit posted:

Truly blessed.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

:popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Secht posted:

Yes, but I didn't buy it. I used it as a baseline for pricing. I got the exact truck $1500 cheaper at another dealer.

edit -
Difference of 17.9% below MSRP for Costco and 21.8% below MSRP from the dealer I went with.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 23, 2019

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

therobit posted:

:pcgaming::kiss::dogge:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mods please change thread ttitle to:

Costco: It's 420 dogs with refill and $69 back!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:doggo:

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Secht posted:

I got an Impreza through Costco. Costco's dealer beat the offers other dealerships had made me by over $500, and it had a few more options that I wanted included.

I might have been able to squeeze a slightly better deal playing dealerships against each other, but probably not enough of one to be worth the added time and effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I got a Crosstrek through Costco but idk how good the price was.