Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

He claimed the white walkers stabbed him but left him for dead, a totally common thing they do all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

CrazyLoon posted:

They plunged dragonglass in his heart and that...somehow saved him, yea, they didn't explain it further.

There's bad show watchers and then there's confusing Benjen with the Night King somehow

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There's bad show watchers and then there's confusing Benjen with the Night King somehow

No sir. I just looked at the wiki and that’s what they said they did. Please apologize to the OP

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I wonder if we'll get a bran freaking out scene this season, that would be cool

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UsSH1E01LM&t=326s

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Bran is Keyser Soze.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

jaime fights his way to the top of the abandoned tower to find the night king, standing in the window frame, has just successfully possessed the body of bran stark. he knows what he has to do

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I do think it's likely we get a scene of Bran time-warging into Aerys II Targaryen and getting him to load King's Landing with wildfire and eventually ending with the Mad King's terminal muttering "burn them all".

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I just remembered that Bran was off the show for an entire season because they had nothing for him to do and that seems so weird to me now

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did the show ever explain how he came to be a good zombie? I guess it’s something the children of the forest could do but didn’t bother teaching Bran to do.

Bran knows how its done, so when the night king kills everyone at winterfell he'll just make sure theyre all raised to be benevolent zombies with blackened hands

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

christmas boots posted:

It doesn’t seem like you can change the past anyway, all Bran did what create the Hodor we already had.

Ah that's right. We're operating on "it was that way all along" time travel. That's good, prevents dumb paradoxes.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Lol, I forgot about Meera.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

It kind of seems like grrm was testing how lovely he could make a character and still redeem them. Jaime pushed a kid out a window (nonchalantly), hound killed the butcher boy, theon totally hosed the starks. All those things are pretty unforgivable.

Jaime was written to be an irredeemable douche. What makes GRRM feel real and unpredictable is he doesn't have end games in mind. He follows his characters and sees what opportunities they have. Jaime became a reasonable person but wasn't supposed to.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

That DICK! posted:

jaime fights his way to the top of the abandoned tower to find the night king, standing in the window frame, has just successfully possessed the body of bran stark. he knows what he has to do

Lool

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm rooting for Victarion in the sense that he's a real stickler for honor and tradition yet he's going up against Euron who cares nothing for either. I mean the reason he didn't just bash Euron to death after he raped Vic's wife was the shame of being a kinslayer. In his mind he was saving her honor as well. It's not like he's a nice person, but his PoV is interesting, and at least he doesn't cut off tongues of women he knocks up and tie 'em to the prow of his ship

Also I'm pretty sure that Euron's whole idea to send Victarion to Dany is to divide and conquer, if he doesn't return, it's one less contender, and if he does, hey, he gets dragons and a new wife?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I do think it's likely we get a scene of Bran time-warging into Aerys II Targaryen and getting him to load King's Landing with wildfire and eventually ending with the Mad King's terminal muttering "burn them all".

Bran getting his own grandpa burned to death would be a twist.

I have heard this theory before though, and its kinda cool.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Benjens death scene was so bad, he was exactly as effective with that stupid swinging fire thingy as my fat rear end would be. At least let him get some good kills.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
by the way I think he rode a giant moose in the books which is another fail for the show

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Benjens death was probably the single worst scene in the show. “Theres no time”, he says, as he proceeds to take roughly 9000 horse mountings worth of time waiting for the horde to advance and swingin away at em

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Trash Trick posted:

Benjens death was probably the single worst scene in the show. “Theres no time”, he says, as he proceeds to take roughly 9000 horse mountings worth of time waiting for the horde to advance and swingin away at em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3k8q7LLvp0

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Season six doens't count, no one remembers that poo poo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

WHY BONER NOW posted:

It kind of seems like grrm was testing how lovely he could make a character and still redeem them. Jaime pushed a kid out a window (nonchalantly), hound killed the butcher boy, theon totally hosed the starks. All those things are pretty unforgivable.

Jury’s out on book!Sandor because he’s currently living a quiet life with a group of monks while the Hound is symbolically buried a few yards away (As much as we get hyped for Cleganebowl I actually wanted that to stick and I hope he doesn’t appear again in the books. It’s a happy exit from the story and he should take it)

But as far as Jamie and Theon, there’s kind of a theme that once you cross that line you more or less have to be destroyed before you can be redeemed. Maybe that’s why we find them palatable? Jamie had to have his hand taken, stripping him of the very thing he had built his life around, and Theon was just destroyed on such an absolutely fundamental level that it really doesn’t feel like the person being punished even exists anymore

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

lol being 100% wrong and needlessly smug at the same time.

Peak.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Atoramos posted:

small edits to your predictions which seem pretty likely from my perspective

If you think Tyrion's going to die next episode -- and I'm sorry to put this so bluntly -- you're a dummy

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

..So we're okay to watch her sex scene now?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

That DICK! posted:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This year, Stephen King is a writer on our show.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Supreme Allah posted:

..So we're okay to watch her sex scene now?

Not until she's 81

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnZANO17NLg

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Midgetskydiver posted:

lol being 100% wrong and needlessly smug at the same time.

Peak.

If you think my GoT posting has a coherent ending... you haven’t been paying attention

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Zombie Mountain still has Joffrey's head, right? Can't wait for that reveal

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They never adequately explain the vision so it's completely reasonable to think it's Benjen lol. I only understood what was happening because of my preexisting knowledge of the setting

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

ZorajitZorajit posted:

The Pseudo-time travel was done twice and it would be super weird for it not to play some big part in things.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Zombie Mountain still has Joffrey's head, right? Can't wait for that reveal

That head’s too beefy for it to be anyone else imo. I guess it’d be a good prank on Cersei, though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Holy poo poo, I never saw that movie. That's such a good subversion of the trope.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol, I forgot about that theory in the books. In the show we have scene Robert Strong's Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane without his helmet on (when he was left alone with the Shame Nun) and it's very much his own head

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

At first I thought it was weird they just skipped calling him Strong and came out with it, but its one of those things that works okay in a book but on a TV show its not as subtle.

Like, it was actually super cool how Barristan Selmy shows up in Essos but they don't call him by his name for a long time, but you can kinda pick up on it if you're paying attention. But on TV they just can't do that whole schtick, the audience would recognize him right away unless they recast him or hid his face, and both of those would feel like frustrating deception by the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It was supposed to be superior obvious to the reader and the characters that Robert Strong was The Mountain since he was 8 feet tall and appeared out of nowhere. It was just awesome that they were trying to be sneaky about a reanimated corpse taking up with the Kingsguard.

Like the other knights were all "uhhh are we just gonna... ignore this.. OK guess we are" that he was clearly brought back through some unsavory means.

They also had to claim that Gregor was dead-dead since his skull was sent to Dorne as a peace offering.

The show just went with "Huzzah, he's alive!" and are leaning fully on the audience thinking it's weird while in-universe nobody really comments on him seeming that odd.