Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

mycot posted:

It's pretty much always Warner Brothers and idk why.

maybe because they keep getting rewarded for it with money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
It's the same dumb tower modifiers and poo poo that NRS has always had, they're also not nearly as hard as people who are bad at FGs are expressing. On top of that, it's all cosmetic unlock stuff, none of the actual gameplay stuff is gated at all.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

WarEternal posted:

It's the same dumb tower modifiers and poo poo that NRS has always had, they're also not nearly as hard as people who are bad at FGs are expressing. On top of that, it's all cosmetic unlock stuff, none of the actual gameplay stuff is gated at all.

i've already seen modifiers more annoying than anything in ij2 and it's all one sided towards the player unless you use the randomly obtained consumables

it is all just about cosmetic poo poo sure but maybe getting cosmetic poo poo should feel fun and not like a tedious slog

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

I mean I have more dumb consumables than I know what to do with.

They were mostly one sided in injustice 2 as well.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

WarEternal posted:

I mean I have more dumb consumables than I know what to do with.

all i really want are the 'neutralize this kind of modifier' consumables but those seem super rare

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

I mean, I'm not trying to say it's good, I just don't think it's abnormally bad. I'm just not gonna bother with it and play the game.

I guess I'd rather just see people talking about things they think are bad about the actual game and not the unlock poo poo that's bad in pretty much every game that has it.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

WarEternal posted:

I mean, I'm not trying to say it's good, I just don't think it's abnormally bad. I'm just not gonna bother with it and play the game.

I guess I'd rather just see people talking about things they think are bad about the actual game and not the unlock poo poo that's bad in pretty much every game that has it.

This poo poo is really bad though like worse than phone games bad. And all the cosmetics are locked behind it and even if you pay money it's not guaranteed unless you catch it time in the store,it drags the life of the game down.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it doesn't actually matter very much at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to make them a bunch of money and the tourney players will never give a poo poo so it's a win / win for NRS

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

In Training posted:

It's going to make them a bunch of money and the tourney players will never give a poo poo so it's a win / win for NRS

Basically

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I've never played an NRS fighting game.........should I?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CRISPYBABY posted:

Yeah. MK11 rules.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CRISPYBABY posted:

Try it before you buy, they don't really play like any other game and you may hate how they feel

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

MK character movement has a weird low gravity to it, especially when they do a flip. If they were in Smash they'd be floaties for sure.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CRISPYBABY posted:

They're fine

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
virgin mk11: grind hundreds of games in lovely single player mode to roll the dice and get one cosmetic for one character decided at random
chad unist: play like 2 games or a bit of the tutorials and just buy the color I want

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

virgin mk11: grind hundreds of games in lovely single player mode to roll the dice and get one cosmetic for one character decided at random
chad unist: play like 2 games or a bit of the tutorials and just buy the color I want

The ultimate power move is to use one of the default unlock palettes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MK11 has tons of single player content, just piles of it, and features a character ending where they travel back in time to fix racism in America. Add in that its the best selling fighting franchise* and there will be tons of of other scrubs to fight against online.

What im saying is if youre going to buy one fighter because you never buy fighters this is probably the one you should get.

*Tekken may sell better total volume but I feel confident MK blows it out in english speaking countries

Barudak fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 24, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

number of TERFs in mortal kombat 11: 1
number of TERFs in under night in birth exe latest: 0

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

darealkooky posted:

galaxy brain melty: all like 48 colors are there from the get go

let's go spearmint flavoured nanaya!!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

number of TERFs in mortal kombat 11: 1
number of TERFs in under night in birth exe latest: 0

who’s the terf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ROFL Octopus posted:

who’s the terf
ronda rousey aka sonya blade

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ROFL Octopus posted:

who’s the terf

Rousy

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The story mode gave me a "holy poo poo Rousey can't act, rewrite all these scenes so she barely talks" vibe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you should watch her try to cut wrestling promos

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

In Training posted:

I have.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8OeYz2xu1Tw

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
to be fair ronda rousey thinks kids can act better than her too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

In Training posted:

I'd really rather not

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

ronda rousey aka sonya blade

oh right, gently caress her

also her performance sucks so bad i forget she’s in the game

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

flatluigi posted:

to be fair ronda rousey thinks kids can act better than her too

lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the MK11 story mode and it seems like NRS finally found how to have fun with MK again for the first time since 9.

I still will not buy the game because NRS gameplay sucks, but hey I can at least say I had fun watching Ultra Instinct Liu Kang and the two Johnnys be huge dorks

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNloYlIjLnI

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm the Sagat yell at 0:20

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
are we gonna get a street fighter: gensis: the movie: the game

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

So Ken/Ryu don't need any explanation for their powers they can just do Chi stuff no question. But Blanka needs some backpack to generate electricity to explain his schtick?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd really rather not

It's kind of amazing. She only knows how to talk in two states: shy girl walking into a surprise party or "I'M GOING TO PUNCH YOU SO HARD!!" with nothing in-between. And if the crowd is booing or chanting, she forgets what she's talking about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ronda...Lousy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ed Boon seems to be running an unethikal sweatshop at nrs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CapcomUnityBR/status/1121156947280003072

Oi?

Adbot