Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ammanas posted:

its too long and shows too much
the previous trailer rolled better

I disagree with you. The trailer being 4 minutes long is a calculated marketing move to get butts in seats. You have a F&F movie without Vin Diesel and you're trying to get people excited about it anyway. They aren't worried about spoiling it for people who were going to see it anyway. I mean maybe that takes it away from being your favorite trailer but for marketing purposes it is setting the internet on fire which is the purpose of advertising a movie with a trailer online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIewLVmtW3s

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Hard accept.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

:stare:

I'm in

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I saw that at a movie marathon months ago and I dunno if it was just because it was 12 hours in or whatever, but I got very bored and napped for most of it.

I liked the director's other movie, The Taint, a lot more.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 22, 2019

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

This is sick.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFxN2oDKk0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbyJignbSj0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

De-aging tech is a disease and it’s our fault for allowing it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Is this a Mega Man movie?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Eh it'll get better. Some shots in that trailer look great, then some look bad. Looks like they went full CG mouth instead of just de-aging the mouth area.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Gemini Man looks like it could be a fine generic sci-fi action movie, just, like, why NOT hire a second actor?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I'm just assuming Gemini Man is a reboot of the short-lived 70s TV show and will be part of an ongoing 'short-lived something-man based TV series' cinematic universe which will ultimately bring us the Manimal, Nowhere Man, Man From Atlantis and Automan reboots we deserve. Also John Doe, which isn't explicitly a something-man show but would definitely fit.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Gemini Man looks like it could be a fine generic sci-fi action movie, just, like, why NOT hire a second actor?

Because it would be Jaden Smith and no one wants that.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 23, 2019

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
New Godzilla trailer
I don't know how other people feel about this, but this made me less interested in watching the movie.

"Oh my God" "...zilla" must be one of the worst lines in a trailer ever.
Also, and I realise how neckbeardy this sound, but he moves way too fast for my liking in the shot at 2m03s

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

kanonvandekempen posted:

New Godzilla trailer
I don't know how other people feel about this, but this made me less interested in watching the movie.

"Oh my God" "...zilla" must be one of the worst lines in a trailer ever.
Also, and I realise how neckbeardy this sound, but he moves way too fast for my liking in the shot at 2m03s

Last one had "Mothra, Rodan, Gidorah, oh my" accompanied by Somewhere Over the Rainbow

E: oh no, that was the one you posted

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 23, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This script has been floating around Hollywood for decades (when I first heard about it, it was supposed to star Harrison Ford, like, 90's era Ford fighting with Blade Runner era Ford). Looks like the de-aging tech has finally made producing the drat thing possible.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 23, 2019

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Gemini Man trailer wasn't great but I'll still see Ang Lee directing a Clive Owen/Mary Elizabeth Winstead/Sad Will Smith action movie in 10,000fps 3D

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Gravy Jones posted:

I'm just assuming Gemini Man is a reboot of the short-lived 70s TV show and will be part of an ongoing 'short-lived something-man based TV series' cinematic universe which will ultimately bring us the Manimal, Nowhere Man, Man From Atlantis and Automan reboots we deserve. Also John Doe, which isn't explicitly a something-man show but would definitely fit.

That'd be great. You could have David McCallum's Invisible Man, Exo-Man, and maybe the TV version of Starman or even MANTIS.

The Peccadillo posted:

Last one had "Mothra, Rodan, Gidorah, oh my"

I really wish The Wizard of Oz had never created that. It's awful every time it's used.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

De-aging tech is a disease and it’s our fault for allowing it.

Not de-aging tech, amazingly enough. It's all CGI. Smith did a motion capture performance.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DrVenkman posted:

Not de-aging tech, amazingly enough. It's all CGI. Smith did a motion capture performance.

Oof. That explains it. The rendering and compositing looks fantastic... but once again it's the mouth that gives it away. Whhhyyyyy would they do that??? (I know - it's because it's cheaper).

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Old Will Smith doesn't really look old enough for there to be a much of a contrast between them

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Now swap out the young Will Smith model with the genie from Aladdin.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Oof. That explains it. The rendering and compositing looks fantastic... but once again it's the mouth that gives it away. Whhhyyyyy would they do that??? (I know - it's because it's cheaper).

I would presume it's unfinished. Given how particular Ang Lee is I would be surprised if he allows it to be released looking like that.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

I would presume it's unfinished. Given how particular Ang Lee is I would be surprised if he allows it to be released looking like that.

Did you see The Hulk?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Did you see The Hulk?

A movie that embraced its comic book roots from the year 2003. We’ve come a long way since then.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Did you see The Hulk?

Yes I have seen the 2003 movie THE HULK. It doesn't look great in the daylight scenes, but it moves and integrates into the world realistically. Lee ended up performing as The Hulk himself to get it right.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

A movie that embraced its comic book roots from the year 2003. We've come a long way since then.

DrVenkman posted:

Yes I have seen the 2003 movie THE HULK. It doesn't look great in the daylight scenes, but it moves and integrates into the world realistically. Lee ended up performing as The Hulk himself to get it right.

Ang Lee also signed off on the final fight in the lake where Nick Nolte turns into a goraud shaded balloon with a simple texture map of his face. In any case, I agree that we're past that now. Will Smith's lips will probably look FINE.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The quips in the trailer edited that way are super terrible but gently caress, the movie ain't gonna be like that - it doesn't dissuade me at all. It's gonna be the best blockbuster of the year.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

gently caress me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s taking all my will power to not see that trailer. I just want to see the movie already I don’t need to be spoiled or sold anymore on it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s taking all my will power to not see that trailer. I just want to see the movie already I don’t need to be spoiled or sold anymore on it.

Theres a lot more spoilers and story beats in this so dont watch it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

thrawn527 posted:

This script has been floating around Hollywood for decades (when I first heard about it, it was supposed to star Harrison Ford, like, 90's era Ford fighting with Blade Runner era Ford). Looks like the de-aging tech has finally made producing the drat thing possible.

I've heard that there was some footage shot in the mid-to-late 90s, where the people that had the script at the time shot some scenes with Mel Gibson playing against 80's Mel.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Vagabundo posted:

I've heard that there was some footage shot in the mid-to-late 90s, where the people that had the script at the time shot some scenes with Mel Gibson playing against 80's Mel.

We have de-aging technology, and we've had movies splicing scenes from older movies, has anyone every shot footage of an actor with the express purpose of using it later when the actor is old?

Personal favorite of the mixing of old and new movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLdaKUBGzo

SimonCat fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 23, 2019

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Does Boyhood count?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is so loving absurd and stupid and I can't stop laughing at it. I can't take this seriously at all. Thanks, Ang! :golfclap:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

teagone posted:

gently caress me.

She's only 15, dude.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Lobok posted:

She's only 15, dude.

knock that off, this forum has a history of running celebrities off by harassing them and I won't have you do the same to Noted Canadian Rapper and Teenager Groomer Aubrey "Drake" Graham.

Continue ogling the 15 year old Mr. Drake.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Australian Vietnam war movie, with Ragnar from Vikings as the lead. Looks like it has a pretty big budget (for australian movies)

Danger Close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyUqZLwOo2Y

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goddamn does Catch 22 look good:

https://youtu.be/JARn16yojbQ

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Shining, shimmering, splendid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZPWYBaoyNI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

feedmyleg posted:

Goddamn does Catch 22 look good:

https://youtu.be/JARn16yojbQ

Catch 22 is one of my favorite books and I'm really interested in seeing how they adapt it.