Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Secht posted:

Did anyone use the Co to buy a car? I noticed some service is included with membership and just starting to weigh options.

I tried, but the sales guy at the Costco specific dealer was so terrible that I went elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Secht posted:

Did anyone use the Co to buy a car? I noticed some service is included with membership and just starting to weigh options.

Yes. I think I get some kind of discount on service but I haven't had to do anything to it yet. Honestly I don't know what going through costco got me, and the price wasn't super great so I still haggled it down to about invoice. Invoice price may have been more than power-buyer-wheeler-and-dealer-get-the-best-price guy would settle for, but my car was literally falling apart and I needed a new car asap. The rest of the dealerships were either way extremely overcommunicative leave me the gently caress alone holy poo poo or completely non responsive.

Costco doesn't make the process better in any way. I'm not sure what it does. It still loving sucks buying a car and dealing with dealership price caginess and haggling bullshit.

e: found this in my email. I don't know if it's a one time coupon or a permanent thing, or if they cycle and give you new coupons.

quote:

Congratulations on your recent purchase of a Honda Fit.

Your savings don’t end at the showroom. As a Costco member you’re eligible to receive 15% off parts, service and accessories on any vehicle you own, including the one you just bought.

Saving is simple—

• Locate a participating service center and print your 15% off coupon for savings up to $500

• Present the coupon and your Costco membership card when it’s time to have your vehicle serviced to receive your discount

binge crotching posted:

I tried, but the sales guy at the Costco specific dealer was so terrible that I went elsewhere.

Yeah. You're still dealing with car salespeople. Theoretically Costco hand selects dealers but who knows. Costco only had this one Honda dealership in their directory. The rest of the dealerships nearby loving sucked and were lovely so maybe they do hand pick.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 24, 2019

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
When I bought my car 3 years ago I got a discount through my uncle who works for Ford. I later found out that it probably would have been a little cheaper if I had done it through Costco, but oh well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

therobit posted:

It's 420 dogs with refill and $69 back!

:allbuttons:

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Mods please change thread ttitle to:

Costco: It's 420 dogs with refill and $69 back!

Officer CockKnuckle
Feb 18, 2007
Yay! Costco trip this week end. I live 3 hours from the closest one (Halifax). I haven't been in a few months. The best thing and some times the worst, is the transient nature of a lot of the stuff they get. I'll find something awesome that i love, then next trip, gone, and I'm wishing i had of bought more. But it's a good thing because you never know what you're gonna find.

It's really a get away trip for my daughter, her birthday, but costco none the less. (she's a sample and dog lover anyway, so it's all good)

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I couldn't find a single small shirt in the entire men's clothing department.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

grillster posted:

You aren't eating enough hot dogs

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

grillster posted:

Never in mine either, but at the end of summer I'll buy up all the cool 32 shirts because for some reason my Costco DOES stock smalls in those but nobody buys them. Besides me, at deep discount, in autumn.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

grillster posted:

Lol if you aint wearing atleast XL you doing it wrong

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

KakerMix posted:

Never in mine either, but at the end of summer I'll buy up all the cool 32 shirts because for some reason my Costco DOES stock smalls in those but nobody buys them. Besides me, at deep discount, in autumn.

Just in case you want a cheap hoodie. (I had this and returned it because it was pilling a lot even without washing it, but for $10 it might be worth it)
https://www.costco.com/32-Degrees-Men's-Sherpa-Lined-Full-Zip-Hoodie.product.100414100.html

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You aren't eating enough hot dogs

I got a chicken bake on the way out and was into the chip bag within a few miles into the drive.

Now that I think about it, I got a sweater there a few months ago in small.

And there's a $600 cat tree for sale in the pet section.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

grillster posted:

I think anything smaller than an M is only sold on their website.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Mods please change thread ttitle to:

Costco: It's 420 dogs with refill and $69 back!

Not empyquoting this

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Wtf who's saying costco has overpriced produce. I can get like a 7 lbs back for broccoli florets for like 3-4 bucks. A pack of 6 shucked sweet corns for like 3 bucks and a bag of god drat (gold) avacados for 7 bucks.

I eat a shitload of Costco broccoli, it's 3 pounds for $4.99 if you're talking about the one in the chilled section. That's pretty typical, I wouldn't call it a great price, but it's organic which is cool I guess.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Taima posted:

I eat a shitload of Costco broccoli, it's 3 pounds for $4.99 if you're talking about the one in the chilled section. That's pretty typical, I wouldn't call it a great price, but it's organic which is cool I guess.

And it's cut up already. Which is a win when you work full time and just want to get dinner on the table.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

grillster posted:

yeah thats pretty standard. from what i understand, and i know a few costco goons who work there can weigh in, they dont order smalls for a lot of clothe manufacturers, and when they do order sizing they often get them all at once in one order so like 10 small, 250 meds, 500 larges, 250 xls, 100 xxls, etc. wwhen the smalls run out, they aren;t ordering anymore smalls to fill the gap and just wait for the next shipment or something. and given they order few smalls, they go quick. ive had some OK luck glancing through a box of excess stock that they keep under the clothes but generally bust.

im sort of in that awkward size between small-med but just varies so wildy based on manufacturer. a lot of mediums are giant billowy pieces of poo poo so smalls fit perfect, and of course they dont have anymore or never carried them so welp. sometimes smalls are really just too tight and mediums work out fine. in general i would say costcos sizing runs a little big but its been getting a bit better than it was in the past. the medium flannel shirts i got in the fall fit me perfectly which was great.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

It's great and I love broccoli! All that hummus might be canceling out the broc...but whatever. More xxL shirts for me.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

It's great and I love broccoli! All that hummus might be canceling out the broc...but whatever. More xxL shirts for me.

Truly god's vegetable. My go to is broccoli salad. Bon Appetit's caesar broc salad is ridiculously delicious, for example, and their recipe is perfectly calibrated to use the 3 pounds in exactly 2 batches which is convenient.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/broccoli-caesar

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

Taima posted:

I buy this. It's cheap and a good solution for having it always ready to cook.

Xaris posted:

yeah thats pretty standard. from what i understand, and i know a few costco goons who work there can weigh in, they dont order smalls for a lot of clothe manufacturers, and when they do order sizing they often get them all at once in one order so like 10 small, 250 meds, 500 larges, 250 xls, 100 xxls, etc. wwhen the smalls run out, they aren;t ordering anymore smalls to fill the gap and just wait for the next shipment or something. and given they order few smalls, they go quick. ive had some OK luck glancing through a box of excess stock that they keep under the clothes but generally bust.

im sort of in that awkward size between small-med but just varies so wildy based on manufacturer. a lot of mediums are giant billowy pieces of poo poo so smalls fit perfect, and of course they dont have anymore or never carried them so welp. sometimes smalls are really just too tight and mediums work out fine. in general i would say costcos sizing runs a little big but its been getting a bit better than it was in the past. the medium flannel shirts i got in the fall fit me perfectly which was great.

Yeah, same experience here with the awkward sizing standards thing. I'll check the overstock under the tables next time I'm curious.

On the topic socks, I destroyed two entire packages of the Adidas Traxion socks. Wore holes in all of them within two months. None of the Puma short rise socks I got around the same time have holes in them after extensive use and similar wear habits. Most of the trashed Adidas were stuffed into a sock and turned into a door shoe.

Oil is on sale again for $30 for 6 quarts of synthetic. Seems like they put this on sale at $10 off for a little while every couple of months. Even though that's several thousand miles of driving away, never a bad idea to pass this up or I'll be cruising the other automotive outlets for a deal when the time comes.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Taima posted:

I buy this because its a decent price and most of the time I'm too lazy to cut up whole crowns but loving lol at the poster saying its a 7lb bag for $3-4. I guess if you just make poo poo up Costco has even better deals.

A bag of 5 rock hard avocados for $7. Think of the savings!!!

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Xaris posted:

I used to get Mediums as well and now I'm swimming in them. Apparently I'm not getting fatter at a fast enough rate.

I've been ordering their dress shirts for work off the website in their custom tailored versions and fit very nicely. I'll definitely just keep getting those in the future when I need more.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

grillster posted:

Yeah, same experience here with the awkward sizing standards thing. I'll check the overstock under the tables next time I'm curious.
I just remembered, they should list the sizings they "carry" on the bottom-ish of the item placards. Like it should say M-XXXL or S-XXXL or 32-30, 32-32, 34-34,... etc on pants. That should at least give you an idea if they were even ordered any at all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

grillster posted:

On the topic socks, I destroyed two entire packages of the Adidas Traxion socks. Wore holes in all of them within two months. None of the Puma short rise socks I got around the same time have holes in them after extensive use and similar wear habits. Most of the trashed Adidas were stuffed into a sock and turned into a door shoe.

This is exactly (and I do mean exactly) the experience I've had. Adidas socks wear through very quickly where the Pumas hold up like champs.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Kirkland roasted almonds have gone up in price at my church. It's cheaper to get them on Amazon.

Truly this is a black day for savings.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Good Dog posted:

I buy this because its a decent price and most of the time I'm too lazy to cut up whole crowns but loving lol at the poster saying its a 7lb bag for $3-4. I guess if you just make poo poo up Costco has even better deals.

A bag of 5 rock hard avocados for $7. Think of the savings!!!

I eyeball my broc like I eyeball my mens mediums shirts. Which for some reason always say XXXL on them. IDK WHY.

You laugh, but 5 unripe avocados for 7 buckos is as cheap as it gets. 1 ripe avocado can go for a few bucks even at a local mexican market. You buy in bulk and basically just wait for them to ripe.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Made a Kirkland dog at home today. Dumped a ton of that delicious trader Joe's kraut on it. Watchin baseball. Life is good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I can’t eat the pack of dogs fast enough, do folks find they’re ok to freeze? I have one of those vacuum sealer things and I was thinking freeze singles for when the urge hits me.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

priznat posted:

I can’t eat the pack of dogs fast enough,

I think the pros find that oiling them helps?

:shrug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Snapping them in half and dunking in water

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Made a Kirkland dog at home today. Dumped a ton of that delicious trader Joe's kraut on it. Watchin baseball. Life is good.

The one with the pickles in it?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I eyeball my broc like I eyeball my mens mediums shirts. Which for some reason always say XXXL on them. IDK WHY.

Maybe they ended up at costco because they messed up the label at a factory and they know costco customers will accept flaws in the name of getting a deal?

That's like costco in a nutshell. It won't be exactly what you want, but it'll be priced to get you to accept that.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

RZA Encryption posted:

Maybe they ended up at costco because they messed up the label at a factory and they know costco customers will accept flaws in the name of getting a deal?

That's like costco in a nutshell. It won't be exactly what you want, but it'll be priced to get you to accept that.

:confused: I haven't found that to be the case at all? They don't even sell open-box or refurbished merchandise and most of the time their store-exclusive products have more features or pack-ins with them.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RZA Encryption posted:

This was just a fat joke aimed at myself. All my shirts fit great and after I draw a big ol "M" on the tag with sharpie I justify my need for HELLA DAWGS.

With no refill cuz soda is bad for me :gerty:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I will say one thing though the sizing on the white undershirts is not consistent at all. Not huge differences but it’s noticeable.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Costco: I’m ANGRY about insufficient hot dog consumption rates and inconsistent undershirt sizing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Btw they are still hands down the best undershirts you can buy for the money.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MarcusSA posted:

All cotton?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yes.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

The one with the pickles in it?

Yeah I really like that one. Raw sauerkraut is delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I prefer the Nordtrom ones, but they also cost about as much for a single undershirt as it does for a couple of packs of the Costco ones. Thankfully it's almost never hot enough here to actually need to wear one, so my most recent pack has lasted a couple of years.