Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So I'm guessing they decided to split Ricochet and Aleister and then moved Andrade back to SD so that Aleister and Zelina wouldn't be apart?

it was a kind gesture to undo the bad thing they did. perhaps this is the first of many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So I'm guessing they decided to split Ricochet and Aleister and then moved Andrade back to SD so that Aleister and Zelina wouldn't be apart?

Fox wanted more Latinx wrestlers so they can draw eyeballs when they simulcast Smackdown to Fox Desportes, so Andrade and Zelina. They don't like to break up married couples, so Aleister went, too.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Yeah I saw a pic on reddit about it that was funny. I think alesteir was homer and Charlotte was Agnes and Zelina was Edna and Andrade was Marge and they’re all in the car together in a scene from “The Principal and the Pauper” where they were going to get Seymour AKA Armin Tamzarian back, and Homer asked marge why Edna was there and why Agnes was there and why he was there, and I think the implied joke was that they were in the car going to smackdown. It doesn’t exactly translate but it’s funny.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Pretty much yeah. Also Andrade is dating Charlotte so there's another element to that.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What if I told you at the beginning of the year that there would be a Kofi/KO program for the WWE championship this year

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
KO at least put on the shirt, something the coward John Cena never did

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait, you mean to tell me that the dastardly Kevin Owens put his own personal glory above friendship? How did none of us see this coming!

KEVIN! :argh:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Neodoomium posted:

I want to know where they were when they filmed that because they're making an ungodly amount of racket. The bowels of some arena?
You can see on the TV behind them that the Naomi/Mandy storyline is playing out, so on whatever episode of SmackDown that was. IIRC they only had a backstage promo on that episode.

VJeff posted:

So it sure seems like those women's tag belts turned into a joke in record time.
The champs are losing in singles competition. The Usos would lose in singles all the time and they would always argue they're a team, so one could only hope that's the general vibe for actual teams and not teams like Nakamura/Rusev.

It was very dumb of them to break up Boss and Hug simply because they put them on separate brands. Bayley could be on SD and still be champ since the women's belts are supposed to travel. Hell, it even gives the reign a lot of emotional weight since they need to be champs to stay together. Giving it to the IIconics isn't bad, but they're meant to be shitheel cowards who squeak by wins to get a big pop for the future face champions. The best example I have is when Too Cool won the belts from E&C (thanks to Joe C., RIP). I guess that's Asuka/Kairi as of now but I think they're the only face team at the moment so who loving knows. If they lose one match then win the titles the next, that's OK/standard but it really just shows the terrible depth of the women's tag team division.

At least the IIconics gave us a good promo tonight as opposed to the bad one on RAW. It's almost as if... SD is the better show... Someone should investigate.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

People were so hype for the SD women's division when it's just going to consist of Charlotte beating everyone lol

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Charlotte is fantastic. The only unfortunate thing is her booking.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Charlotte is fantastic. The only unfortunate thing is her booking.

She sucks on the mic

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

fatherofmustard posted:

She sucks on the mic
As a heel, I love her promos. I think her ad libs have gotten good but the timing of them is still off. The delivery of promos just oozes entitlement and privilege and it's just so, so good.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Kvantum posted:

Fox wanted more Latinx wrestlers so they can draw eyeballs when they simulcast Smackdown to Fox Desportes, so Andrade and Zelina. They don't like to break up married couples, so Aleister went, too.

What about Buddy Murphy? Not only did they put him on the opposite show as his wife, but they also didn't seem to have any plans for him on that show.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

When is the Ppv.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

DeepDickPizza posted:

What about Buddy Murphy? Not only did they put him on the opposite show as his wife, but they also didn't seem to have any plans for him on that show.

Engaged doesn't count. You have to be actually married. (Same thing for Nikki Cross and Killian Dain, though they apparently did just get married, so... ?)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

As a heel, I love her promos. I think her ad libs have gotten good but the timing of them is still off. The delivery of promos just oozes entitlement and privilege and it's just so, so good.

She still talks over people in a way that is "real" but doesn't always work in the world of "how wrestlers talk to each other"

it did lead to a pretty funny "Shut your mouth, you big dope" ad lib from Becky, though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, she has superb volume to her voice but it also means when she bellows over somebody she completely drowns them out. Given Becky is so good on the mic it really undercuts things to have her drowned out by her opponent, so Becky just losing her temper and telling her to shut the gently caress up was great.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
charlotte is the big dog of womens wrestling

bow wow

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Charlotte is ten times the wrestler Roman Reigns is. her chest is also ten times the size of Roman's

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
They turned KO heel again way too fast, we all knew that he would betray the New Day eventually, but they should have had him stay an honorary member for at least a month(indeed personally I think they should have waited till Big E comes back before doing it) before making him betray them, as is it just makes Kofi and Xavier look like morons for trusting him

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoyed face KO :(

feel like this is just to transition the belt onto roman at the saudi show

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Standard Measure posted:

I enjoyed face KO :(

feel like this is just to transition the belt onto roman at the saudi show
isnt roman one of the guys who won’t go to saudi?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

so uhh Becky is going to have two matches at MITB defending the raw title against Lacey and the SD title against Charlotte

place your bets on which tall blonde with fake tits is winning

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Daniel Bryan is dead isn't he :(

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

so uhh Becky is going to have two matches at MITB defending the raw title against Lacey and the SD title against Charlotte

place your bets on which tall blonde with fake tits is winning

Which? Both.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Each Becky title match will be a triple threat including Charlotte

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Becky vs Charlotte vs Charlotte seems unfair but ok

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

drrockso20 posted:

They turned KO heel again way too fast, we all knew that he would betray the New Day eventually, but they should have had him stay an honorary member for at least a month(indeed personally I think they should have waited till Big E comes back before doing it) before making him betray them, as is it just makes Kofi and Xavier look like morons for trusting him

Why would he wait for their large and powerful third member to return before betraying them? He'd look very stupid for not striking while they were at their weakest.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really don't get all the Charlotte fan fare tbh. I totally got the hype back in the day, but now every aspect of her comes across like a poor imitation of her dad to me, which seems to be by design.

Her woo is bad, her chops are terrible, her strut looks awful. She can hardly emote anymore because so much poo poo has been injected into her face. She has the hallmark of a bad promo where instead of being able to deliver something with passion or importance, she just gets louder at the big moments.

She was quite good IMO, when her thing was trying to live up to her dad's reputation and being in his shadow. That was an interesting place for her because everything about it played off of her family history, but also acknowledged that she was on her own path trying to do her own thing. Now, they treat her like she's equivalent or that she's exceeded her dad and it's just sucked all the interest out of her character for me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Am I the only one thinking that Charlotte/Becky won’t happen?

Women’s MITB opens, someone from SD wins, Becky beats Lacey, then gets cashed in on for the SD Belt. Charlotte doesn’t have a match with the new champion so we don’t get the match and it keeps Charlotte away from MITB

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like Charlotte but it’s my least favourite Bryan/Dave thing where they pretend like she’s not favoured by management

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Am I the only one thinking that Charlotte/Becky won’t happen?

Women’s MITB opens, someone from SD wins, Becky beats Lacey, then gets cashed in on for the SD Belt. Charlotte doesn’t have a match with the new champion so we don’t get the match and it keeps Charlotte away from MITB

More likely Charlotte beats Becky then gets cashed in on by a babyface. They clearly want her to break Ric's title win record so this is an easy way to pad it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I still can't believe we've been getting Becky/ Charlotte matches since loving AUGUST! Has there been another feud that's been run into the ground as hard as this one?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JT Smiley posted:

I still can't believe we've been getting Becky/ Charlotte matches since loving AUGUST! Has there been another feud that's been run into the ground as hard as this one?

Charlotte/Sasha

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I’ve been trying to remember iconic moments in-ring for the 4 horsewomen and I’m completely drawing a blank for Charlotte

and also Sasha if you don’t consider the spider-banks moment that great

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drew McIntyre posted:

Charlotte is ten times the wrestler Roman Reigns is. her chest is also ten times the size of Roman's

Whose back is more shameful tho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I’ve been trying to remember iconic moments in-ring for the 4 horsewomen and I’m completely drawing a blank for Charlotte

and also Sasha if you don’t consider the spider-banks moment that great
theres like a dozen iconic sasha moments across her two takeover matches with bayley

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They'll never be officially referenced again after she skips work again next Monday

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

JT Smiley posted:

Every AJ Styles feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

theres like a dozen iconic sasha moments across her two takeover matches with bayley

unfortunately the only takeover match i've seen with a 4HW is when bayley got called up to the main roster and got choked into unconsciousness by asuka