Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Two years ago when I got my PMP certification my company overpaid by 77 cents. Likely because the estimate for advance payment was calculated on the book being shipped to my office in MD, whereas I had it shipped to my home in VA.

I got an automated nastygram email, and a corresponding nastygram letter - shipped via fedex same day. So I went online and tried to pay for the difference, but could not because they only accept credit cards and it was under 5 dollars. So I call payroll and ask them if they can just deduct it from my next paycheck. They don't do that unless it's over 500 dollars and I'm over 90 days late. I called the tuition people and told them to just increase my balance to $5.77 so I can pay it. No, they don't do that. I had to pay by check, and I don't have a checkbook as I haven't written a check since 2009 to put a security deposit down on my first apartment. So I order a checkbook from USAA for like 20 dollars. Except when paying by check it has to be sent certified mail, which costs a few bucks.

So I get in touch several days later with someone at accounts receivable and ask them what in the gently caress. The lady takes about six seconds looking at my account and goes 'yeah I just zeroed you out, the system shouldn't have done any of this'.

So I guess the upside is that it got me to buy an updated checkbook. Which sits in the box it came in, unused.

edit: 77 cents is basically about 25 seconds of billable time for me.

Jokes on you USAA checkbooks are free unless you pay for expedited processing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
No they're free for the officer version. The enlisted version still has to pay.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:chord:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Vasudus posted:

No they're free for the officer version. The enlisted version still has to pay.

lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My project for the spring was to replace our horrible rotten deck. I hate working with wood and there's plenty of amateur mistakes here but god dammit I did my best and I'm proud of it

I don't have any good before pictures but here's the pile of wood I tore up from the old one. As far as I can tell the previous owners didn't use treated lumber and painted it with several layers of house paint.

I cut down something like 400 rotten screws with a sawzall.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Sawzall is the best dad tool around

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fallom posted:

My project for the spring was to replace our horrible rotten deck. I hate working with wood and there's plenty of amateur mistakes here but god dammit I did my best and I'm proud of it

I don't have any good before pictures but here's the pile of wood I tore up from the old one. As far as I can tell the previous owners didn't use treated lumber and painted it with several layers of house paint.

I cut down something like 400 rotten screws with a sawzall.
Now upcycle that into a baby crib and sell it on Etsy.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Syrian Lannister posted:

Sawzall is the best dad tool around

Give me a Sawzall, and I can demo anything.

But looks good Fallom. Only thing I'd worry about is if there's any lip between the fascia boards (on the edge) and your deck. Could be a tripping hazard. All cedar and coated hardware?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Brute Squad posted:

Give me a Sawzall, and I can demo anything.

But looks good Fallom. Only thing I'd worry about is if there's any lip between the fascia boards (on the edge) and your deck. Could be a tripping hazard. All cedar and coated hardware?

There's no lip on the edges. I got fairly good at marking and making the weird 8-foot miter cuts with a circular saw. It's all pressure treated lumber with coated deck screws. In a couple months I'll stain it dark red or brown and seal it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The Boston Bruins can absolutely suck my dick from the back.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MA-Horus posted:

The Boston Bruins can absolutely suck my dick from the back.

:yarg:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
gently caress Vegas is a new thing I laugh about being written in comments sections this playoff season.

Is this how it starts? Sports fandom?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wasabi the J posted:

gently caress Vegas is a new thing I laugh about being written in comments sections this playoff season.

Is this how it starts? Sports fandom?

Kinda yes.

Totally envious of the wood work.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

it's what we deserve. it's what the maple leaves always deserve

they are an accursed team, the worst team to be a fan of.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

MA-Horus posted:

it's what we deserve. it's what the maple leaves always deserve

they are an accursed team, the worst team to be a fan of.

I'm just glad it was a seven game series, cause playoff hockey=best hockey. I mean it when I say I would like to see the Leafs or Calgary get a cup sooner than later.

I'd throw Edmonton on as well, but they had their heyday and the owner is a shithead so gently caress 'em.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Fallom posted:

You should be proud of that. Lots of people skimp on deck footings. That's a nice solid foundation you poured for it.

I wouldn't show it to the OSHA thread though. They might give you static over not using railings.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Me: “Ol Racist Trump up to poo poo again today”

New Coworker: “Anyone who believes _The Donald_ is racist either watches too much CNN or is narrow minded.”

Single white male national guardsmen who wants to adopt without a partner and likes Star Trek.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

LingcodKilla posted:

Single white male national guardsmen who wants to adopt without a partner and likes Star Trek.

*checks notes*

How's his personal hygiene?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

LingcodKilla posted:

New Coworker: “Anyone who believes _The Donald_ is racist either watches too much CNN or is narrow minded.”

Weird, I figured the guard wouldn't be able to get a waiver for Aartrek yet here we are.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

So he's a pedo?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Casimir Radon posted:

So he's a pedo?

Well he didn’t join in on a conversation about scarlet Johansson’s terrible new tattoo and who we would be a terrible disappointment to.

spacetoaster posted:

*checks notes*

How's his personal hygiene?

It’s above average for IT.

Homeschooled.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Homeschooled. Say no more.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Just gave money to my alma mater even though they have a 2+ billion dollar endowment. At least I can specify where it goes so I don't feel as bad supporting departments that I used years ago.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Ask him what native Americans look like.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Well he didn’t join in on a conversation about scarlet Johansson’s terrible new tattoo and who we would be a terrible disappointment to.

It’s above average for IT.

Homeschooled.

Lol at a homeschooled enlistee talking about naivete

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm just glad it was a seven game series, cause playoff hockey=best hockey. I mean it when I say I would like to see the Leafs or Calgary get a cup sooner than later.

I'd throw Edmonton on as well, but they had their heyday and the owner is a shithead so gently caress 'em.

Blues first.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Brute Squad posted:

Blues first.

I’m ok with this

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Brute Squad posted:

Blues first.

My man.

I wish I had watched last night's Sharks/Vegas game. Holy poo poo.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Playoff hockey best hockey

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

My man.

I wish I had watched last night's Sharks/Vegas game. Holy poo poo.

Same. The Blues-Jets game 5 was a buttclencher. That 3rd goal.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Brute Squad posted:

Same. The Blues-Jets game 5 was a buttclencher. That 3rd goal.

I was watching that at my buddy's place and this being Canada, I was the only one rooting for the Blues. I was cackling like a madman until the final buzzer.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1121096958486118404

Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests, and children of all ages: I present to you the single most owned person in the history of modern society.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's nobody standing around with a clipboard or tacking up an ad for their wife's essential oils "business".

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This belongs in an art house.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Needs a medic racked out in the cab.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Syrian Lannister posted:

Playoff hockey best hockey

This is the only truth I've ever known.

Oh hey, remember that new job I kept talking about? Apparently HR is holding things up for *reasons*.

I loving hate HR.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EBB posted:

Needs a medic racked out in the cab.

goddamn right

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Handsome Ralph posted:

This is the only truth I've ever known

I lost my voice Saturday at a Wolves game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

https://twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1121096958486118404

Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed guests, and children of all ages: I present to you the single most owned person in the history of modern society.

It's like they were made for each other.