Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Back April 30th! And IN SPAAAAAACE!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTwy1E6CW4w

So a quick recap:

The "Last" humans alive on a space station, 100 years or thereabouts after a nuclear war, sent 100 no good criminal juvie delinquent kids to see if Earth was safe and less radiated, since their cobbled together space colony was about to fail. Kinda like a surly, "gently caress you dad" canary in a coal mine.

It was mostly OK, with some cool new animals:

Well mostly:

Turns out that humans had survived after all! Yay!

After the nuclear war, the surviving humans in the area had went primitive, forming a bunch of tribes, united under a Commander (which turns out that was all set up by the person who ended the world inadvertently in the first place). The Space Folks, aka Skaicru, had to fight them. And ally with them. And fight them some more.

After the kids went through hell to survive, the adults came down to patronize them:

I mean, they REALLY came down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avswBeal9Hk

Even Jaha. Eventually.

They met the President of the United States,

Killed him, and every other surviving American. It's OK though, they were Literal Vampires, feeding on the Grounders.

And then they blew up Mount Weather, the last surviving remnant of 21st Century tech and surviving culture and art, because of course:

There were about 7 different Chancellors of Skaicru, to the point where who knows who the gently caress is in charge.
gently caress IT

Clarke became Wanheda, the Commander of DEATH
BEFORE:

AFTER:

She killed, like, EVERYONE, maaaan.

Jaha went on many wild rides to Save His People, and found out that A.O.C. A.L.I.E., a preware AI, was the one who actually destroyed the world.

And she was gonna save everyone again! With VR enslavement!

"Have you heard about our Lord and Savior Xenu?"

Turns out the world was full of other survivors, lots of tribes. We just saw people on the East Coast of the US. Could there be people in Middle America? California? Canada? South America? Russia? Africa? More bunkers?
Who knows, cause turns out A.L.I.E. was kinda right and all the world's nuclear reactors blew up!

Well that might have been an interesting season, going to Egypt and poo poo.

So instead of leaving their corporeal bodies behind for The Matrix, the humans left in the greater DC area decided to fight to the death over yet another Solution Jaha found, a cult bunker that was surprisingly well stocked.

So a few hundred people survived, some went back to space, and Clarke survived because Clarke. And she became a Mom.

And this was all that was left of Earth:

And of course, the remaining humans: the Grounders, the Sky People, and a bunch of Unfrozen Space Convicts destroyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhJd6pFUT6s

But luckily, the Space Convicts had been on a mission and Something Something HEY THERE'S A NEW PLANET!

Another world to destroy! They've literally reset the entire concept of the series for like the 5th time, and this is the biggest one. We went from 100 Hot Teen CW Kids fighting Hot Sexy Tribal CW Kids to an alien planet. Kane seems to still be alive, at least for a bit. :toot:

Also John Murphy is G.O.A.T.

Astroman fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That trailer is loving BONKERS!

Genghis Clarke is going to gently caress some poo poo up!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I loved Seasons 1 and 2 but gave up in season 3 after Lexa died and Space Trump was elected. Should I get back in this? I kind of want to...

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Looks awesome as usual I loving love this show

Those gifs of Before and After Wanheda are pretty striking. I really hope we get a huge body count for good ol' Genghis Clarke.. lately she hasn't outright killed as many people all at once like she used to. The Frightening Commander thing looks like it could be cool. I'm not sold on the eclipse psychosis idea yet but I'm glad to see there are far scarier things than that to look forward to.

I wonder what's up with the 'Book II' tagline. A quick look at the wikipedia pages for the novels suggests we've been in new and original plot territory since Mt Weather, and that continued on until the 3rd novel I think.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm assuming the justification is because at the end of last season they gave up on trying to live on Earth and now they're moving on.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yeah I thought of that but wondered why they just wouldn't do something like The 100: Sanctum or whatever. Just doesn't seem to make sense with the book/novel thing.
Anywho, looking forward to more Wanheda

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So hey, this looks cool. Is it all on the CW website, and is it best to just start from the beginning?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Propaganda Machine posted:

So hey, this looks cool. Is it all on the CW website, and is it best to just start from the beginning?

Confirmed, but hold your expectation till about half way through season 1 it takes a fairly big turn to the :black101:

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I know it was rumored earlier, but The 100 Facebook page confirmed there will be a season 7.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Awesome. Gotta keep Genghis Clarke in the business of genocide. I hope once The 100 is done we get a Murphy the Cockroach spinoff.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Some of the renewal might just be "oh poo poo, Supernatural is finally ending, we gotta keep the Genre train going" (and IIRC The 100 is one of, if not the, longest running CW series). OTOH, it shows the network is stoked about the season they put together and the new concept. :toot:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Once Supernatural and Arrow end next season The 100 will be the longest running scripted show currently on the CW. It just barely beats out The Flash as it started the same year but earlier.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Once Supernatural and Arrow end next season The 100 will be the longest running scripted show currently on the CW. It just barely beats out The Flash as it started the same year but earlier.

That is very insane. Bless you murder-show

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Good OP. First two eps of the season leaked and they live up to expectation.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

hype for clarke to murder a whole planet

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pixelante posted:

Good OP. First two eps of the season leaked and they live up to expectation.

gently caress yes tonight's gna be lit when I get home from work

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

hype for clarke to murder a whole planet

Double sun murder power!!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Double sun murder power!!!!

yessss

this is one of my favourite shows on TV and one of the very few I bother to keep up with day of any more, can't loving wait ugghhh

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

At the end of the show, Clarke needs to do the King Conan treatment.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm so ready for some Wanheda

And Murphy

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I still stan Octavia and am excited to see what dumb and/or crazy poo poo she pulls this year tbqh

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

I still stan Octavia and am excited to see what dumb and/or crazy poo poo she pulls this year tbqh

I hope the first thing they do is throw her out the airlock :colbert:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope the first thing they do is throw her out the airlock :colbert:

Alternately, she's the first one on the ground and sullenly says "we're here, bitches."

Wish I could watch live but I'm going to catch it on DVR with my mom at her house this weekend (we started watching it together, and got my brother and his wife on the Wild Ride as well) so I'll be ducking out. Enjoy!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good start to the season...

Murphy clowning on Clarke is the best for everyone.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

loving Reavers man.

I hope this isn't too soon to spoil poo poo.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

"For Clarke that is a tuesday" :swoon:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

if there was any justice this would be a show about the crew planethopping through the universe and destroying every planet they land on, preferably with the original inhabitants/colonists genocided (always by accident, of course), one season one planet

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i lub dis show

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are we predicting Ravens pilot gently caress buddy got picked up and taken back by the ship pirates?
Seem cruel to bring him back for 20 mins to just knock the dust off Raven's hoohar and land the ship

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
He's most likely dead. I read somewhere that the actor signed on to another show.

I started writing a post about how I wish the show would remove some plot armour and kill off some of the protagonists now and again, just to keep us on our toes. Like they did Finn in in season one. And then I remembered that we lost at least Monty, Harper, Jasper and Jaha last season alone, so my criticism isn't valid at all.
Still wish Abby was gone though. She's by far the most annoying character and her bullshit is rarely fun.

I'm excited about their adventures on the new moon. The fact that their new friends/enemies are tech savvy enough to steal the ship means that this will probably not be just a carbon copy of the conflict with the grounders

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

HatJudge posted:

I'm excited about their adventures on the new moon. The fact that their new friends/enemies are tech savvy enough to steal the ship means that this will probably not be just a carbon copy of the conflict with the grounders

Didn't they literally get there on a sister ship?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Didn't they literally get there on a sister ship?

250 years ago.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Everyone sniping at Clarke is :discourse:

lmao Raven will never be happy. :rip: Shaw.

Someone please kill Octavia already jfc she is the worst.

HatJudge posted:

Still wish Abby was gone though. She's by far the most annoying character and her bullshit is rarely fun.

She's still their only doctor so her plot armor is the strongest of all. At least until they find another certified doctor. Jackson is still in training / doesn't have all her years of knowledge / can't do surgery / something else.

esperterra posted:

i lub dis show

:same:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's been a while since the end of the last season so when the episode started I got Shaw and Miller mixed up and was wondering why Miller was boning Raven.

Also

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I was super tired of her poo poo last year and not really very excited to see that she is still the same.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Everyone sniping at Clarke is :discourse:

lmao Raven will never be happy. :rip: Shaw.

She's still their only doctor so her plot armor is the strongest of all. At least until they find another certified doctor. Jackson is still in training / doesn't have all her years of knowledge / can't do surgery / something else.

:same:

the pro octavia lobby was in full swing yesterday. loving retards they are.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Octavia forever

greek pride!!!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

Octavia forever

greek pride!!!

Jason Rothenberg didn't use her in the countdown posts and they went full retard.
https://www.instagram.com/rothenberg.jason/?hl=en

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Man, Monty thought of everything except slightly moving the ship over to spot the big loving planet, huh? Shame cryosleep doesn't get rid of drug addictions, Raven's black widow curse, or Clarke's insane love of murder.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
We'd like to keep Clarke's insane love of murder, thank you very much. In fact I say we ratchet it up a couple of notches. Wanheda done gone interplanetary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

pahuyuth posted:

We'd like to keep Clarke's insane love of murder, thank you very much. In fact I say we ratchet it up a couple of notches. Wanheda done gone interplanetary!

Between Bellamy and Clarke they have a combined kill count of 1900 mooks. e: It's actually 1600, she shares Mt Weather with Bellamy.

Bellamy is currently in the lead, by 95. I hope Clarke can bring it home for the title.

e: She took all of season 4 off killing too.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 2, 2019