Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I hope Raymond Felton fucks off forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay someone really has to explain how the hell raymond Felton made a whole city hate him for being fat

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Bonus:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don’t know why I laughed so much at that mattress but I absolutely did.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Paul George made a mistake

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
He made the playoffs, at least.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1121093721448165377?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Paul George made a mistake

Not when you remember how much he loves fishing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Bassy Telfair could get 15 years for the gun charge he got in 2017 :(

Ex-NBA star Sebastian Telfair has been convicted of possessing a firearm … and could be sentenced to 15 years in prison. Telfair — a 33-year-old former high school phenom who spent 12 seasons in the NBA — was busted back in June 2017 in Brooklyn …. after cops found several weapons during a traffic stop.

Blake Griffin survived an arthroscopic surgery

James Edwards III: #Pistons’ Blake Griffin underwent a successful arthroscopic procedure today, the team announced. He’s not expected to miss any planned offseason training.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I cannot believe Sebastian Telfair is only 33

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Hello friends

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

does cam payne get picked up next year or does he just say gently caress it and go become a CBA Hero

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Hewould have had a nice career had he not ended up in new york. if he was in seattle or arizona, totally different career. Coney island had him deep, in deep.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome Jazz fans. Bad matchup.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Did you add that Stockton?!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick posted:

Did you add that Stockton?!

haha, nope. They did it live on air. I had the first one screenshoted, but this one was way better.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Karl Malone photoshopped onto a white dude is really loving with me

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Joe has probably never been that cut in his life

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Lockback posted:

Wasn't Telfair on the same SLAM cover as LeBron?

That's crazy actually...

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
In Timberwolves news:

https://twitter.com/Holla_At_Rob33/status/1121197391380611075

:thunk: Who's this "Darius" guy and why do we need another point guard who can't play defense?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
PG defense doesn't really matter that much, I'd be more concerned that he didn't show super great playmaking instincts and the injury. Garland is a really really good ball handler and shooter though, I think he's like right on the border of the top 5 in this class.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I usually make it my policy to not know anything about HS players but I read the Athletic articles so this is going to be a rare year where all these dudes aren't a new thing when the college season starts. I don't know if that's productive or not.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I usually make it my policy to not know anything about HS players but I read the Athletic articles so this is going to be a rare year where all these dudes aren't a new thing when the college season starts. I don't know if that's productive or not.

For one and done guys I think it's helpful to have at least some sense of where they stand coming out of high school just because one season is still a pretty small sample. It can give you some sense of how real what you saw in college was. I remember Bradley Beal had a rep entering college as like an otherworldly shooter, but then had a pretty crappy year from three in his one college season. That high school rep gave some indication that the college season might have just been crappy luck, which wound up being true.

Pelton started including AAU stats in his projection system last year and said it improved it a lot. Most notably it showed Mitchell Robinson was an incredible shotblocker.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope my fandom doesn't get traded away from the Jazz this offseason, I like this team. Also I hope they pick up Kemba Walker.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
dammit you racist pieces of poo poo

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1121496136714473473

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Slasher keeping the quakelive logo alive.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
oats

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 27, 2019

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

And that kids is how I met your mother

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Nice rant but echo fox doesn’t even have a quake division so point your anger towards the smash bros community

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

cougar cub posted:

Nice rant but echo fox doesn’t even have a quake division so point your anger towards the smash bros community

Yeah, they are just fighting games and moba's. Maybe a CS:GO team.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
do you still get called every slur imaginable playing Electronic Sports. i quit playing online video games after cs:go

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

do you still get called every slur imaginable playing Electronic Sports. i quit playing online video games after cs:go

Yes

E: you know for a group of people that believe they are bullied and oppressed your think they would be welcoming and friendly and not racist and hateful

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
I play a lot of Quake Champions and only see/hear a slur used very rarely. Of course, I've stuck to casual playlists and no one really uses voice in that game and it takes too much time to type, so...

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Yeah there is no online gaming community that doesn’t have a toxic element. I was touchy because the quake community is dead and couldn’t be a problem today. The more proactive studios actual build in reporting features in order to identify and ban / probate toxic players.

To try and tie it all off Echo fox was known in the fighting game community for picking up a furry player (literally shows up to events dressed up). Given how macho and aggressive the fighting game scene is it was a pretty progressive move. lovely that Fox is moving on.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status/1121848035313618944

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

cougar cub posted:

To try and tie it all off Echo fox was known in the fighting game community for picking up a furry player (literally shows up to events dressed up). Given how macho and aggressive the fighting game scene is it was a pretty progressive move. lovely that Fox is moving on.

a black, gay, furry player in fact

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

How are people this awful/stupid??

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rick posted:

How are people this awful/stupid??

"Conservatives are for lesser people"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

chunkles posted:

I'm Battlefield 5, not an electronic sport but an electronic world War 2 game, there was a significant portion of people loudly complaining why they couldn't dress like real Nazis did, why there were non-white player characters, and why there were women in the game.

I imagine voice coms with those people is just gross nonstop nazi "role-playing".

Frankly I just assume the player base of any vidja game has hordes of people like this.