Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

verbal enema posted:

I meant to ask waaaay back then

Who is that guy?

Just some guy who happens to own an assault rifle, and be buddies with the greatest living martial artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I wonder if he was there to ensure Gensai's victory.

I know a few of one of those random assassin groups had guns i think? So i found it strange hes like waaaay up in a observation platform with a rifle.

An old rear end rifle

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bando and Muteba on the side of Purgatory. They're exactly the kind of fighters that wouldn't be able to get work in the new Kengan matches but would rise to the top in Purgatory.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bando and Muteba on the side of Purgatory. They're exactly the kind of fighters that wouldn't be able to get work in the new Kengan matches but would rise to the top in Purgatory.

Sharkteeth lady would just call in her favor from Muteba and he'd forfeit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

verbal enema posted:

I know a few of one of those random assassin groups had guns i think? So i found it strange hes like waaaay up in a observation platform with a rifle.

An old rear end rifle
It's this guy.

Still wearing the same outfit twenty years later because it's a great gag, my favorite in the manga.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 20, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

verbal enema posted:

An old rear end rifle

Can someone give me a panel of chapter that this happened at? I thought it was a one-off for the Rei fight and then he was gone.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

No Wave posted:

Still wearing the same outfit twenty years later because it's a great gag, my favorite in the manga.

ok I give.

have people legitimately forgotten that panel was an edit and the gunman wasn't actually at the tournament? because i thought people were just running with the joke but i'm starting to wonder.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nick Buntline posted:

ok I give.

have people legitimately forgotten that panel was an edit and the gunman wasn't actually at the tournament? because i thought people were just running with the joke but i'm starting to wonder.

Verbal enema said he was up in the rafters so I wanna know if I just missed him showing back up again.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nick Buntline posted:

ok I give.

I had no idea that was an edit, I'd swear it was in the actual scanlation I read. I thought it was a funny joke this whole time!

Looking at the images yeah it's same drawings for sure.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
its a joke edit but it is now canon because I want it to be

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kengan Ashura Vol 25. Ch. 218 Chain pg 16

Now tell me when Kuroki's Friend Anonymous (Serving on the US military base) shows up again!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's clearly a photoshop which removes kuroki's friend.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

Kengan Ashura Vol 25. Ch. 218 Chain pg 16

Now tell me when Kuroki's Friend Anonymous (Serving on the US military base) shows up again!

that's the thing. Agito IS Kuroki's Friend Anonymous (Serving on the US military base)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Have Kuroki's US military friend and Adam Dudley ever been seen together in the same scene?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man i am duuuumb

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just loving explaaaaaaaaaaaain

https://mangadex.org/chapter/596499/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't wait to see Jose fight more.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
José is great, I need more José.

Hang in there Koga, maybe if Gaoh finally explains something you'll get somewhere.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't wait to see Jose fight more.
:same:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

José is the El Fuerte to Seki's Zangief

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its nice to be appreciated

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Obviously Koga isn't having any fun. That's his flaw. Or killer instinct. Probably the fun thing though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That page of Jose jumping up into the air was amazing.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
My guess for his two flaws:

His body doesn't match pro wrestling style. Jose mentions that he's pretty thin and asked him if he's been eating right. Seki mentions that Koga hasn't actually gotten any stronger, just that he has adapted to it. IRL you can't really gain any noticible improvements in strength in a mere 2 weeks but this is the Kengan Asura universe so who knows. Ryuki notices how much bulkier and denser Jose's muscles are. Kengan Asura and Danberu always talk about how bulking and eating is the most important and hardest part of pro wrestling training. The eating scene post-training this chapter couldn't have been a coincidence, especially since Koga neglected it to train more instead.

Second flaw I have no idea. Maybe it's because he's missing a special move or trump card. If he's just copying other people, he can't do anything an experienced fighter won't expect

yum fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 25, 2019

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think he's never had a near death experience or whatever. He doesnt have that grim seriousness the good fighters activate in this series.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

One of his flaws has got to be psychological. His motivation is so shallow, and he's still not willing to listen to experts about how to improve.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

No Wave posted:

I think he's never had a near death experience or whatever. He doesnt have that grim seriousness the good fighters activate in this series.

Yeah, rereading this chapter again you're probably right. His motivation is pretty vague (catch up to Ohma/Ryuki...?) and he's lacking that "killing intent" stuff that's in every fighting manga.

Making crazy murder faces isn't a substitute I suppose.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

yum posted:

Yeah, rereading this chapter again you're probably right. His motivation is pretty vague (catch up to Ohma/Ryuki...?) and he's lacking that "killing intent" stuff that's in every fighting manga.

Making crazy murder faces isn't a substitute I suppose.

That's my guess as well, something like you have to be willing to literally kill your opponent with every blow in order to fight properly at that level.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's a trope but Koga doesnt seem to grasp that his life will be on the line in these matches so he has all of these really silly/petty grudges.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
does being willing to kill and die count as 1 or 2 things?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

does being willing to kill and die count as 1 or 2 things?

Just change it around so it's "have a kill or be killed mentality"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It could all just be a lack of technique.

Koga knows pretty much only mainstream martial arts and mostly fights from the context of professional mainstream non-deathmatch fighting and street brawls with regular people. He could just be subconsciously pulling his punches, even when he thinks he's going all out.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Fabricated posted:

It could all just be a lack of technique.

Koga knows pretty much only mainstream martial arts and mostly fights from the context of professional mainstream non-deathmatch fighting and street brawls with regular people. He could just be subconsciously pulling his punches, even when he thinks he's going all out.

I think its that and also that he is ignoring just eating right in general to TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well a whole lot of nothing happened this chapter.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
we're setup for poo poo going down pretty soon tho

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
his main flaw is that he's already used up his flashback allowance, so he's going to have to work extra hard to avoid being chumped

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

That page of Jose jumping up into the air was amazing.

Reminded me in a certain sense of that sudden jumpstart in the Ohma vs Waka fight.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.

from the prologue

Unless the translation is off, looks like Koga wants to survive a fight to the death, not win one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

We saw cosmo last season go through the same thing when he realized he doesnt like fighting (it makes you dirty and gross).