Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

rob ford gave us one of the best youtube remixes of all time :rip: you weirdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Jy312JCUQ

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

as for moving to canada yeah it's hard to talk too much about without getting into politic but by and large it's a good place but there are less good things too, but it's certainly up there in the nice places to live tier list. canada is a land of contrasts

ty manifisto

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Canada seems pretty dank but GL moving there, the real estate market anywhere worth living is holy poo poo levels of hosed.

Stoner Sloth

Resting Lich Face posted:

Canada seems pretty dank but GL moving there, the real estate market anywhere worth living is holy poo poo levels of hosed.

One syllable answer: 'Stralya'

seriously the cost of housing here makes canada look like sweet summer children and they have legal wud

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Didn't know that. Not surprising though.

bird.

happy Friday BYOB I'm about to eat a huge chili burger and a tasty beer cuz I'm off for the weekend as of an hour ago!!! I'm very jazzed you should ask me how jazzed I am

Stoner Sloth

Resting Lich Face posted:

Didn't know that. Not surprising though.

don't get me wrong, it's a first world problem to decide between the two rather than America - butt still

BrownianMotion posted:

happy Friday BYOB I'm about to eat a huge chili burger and a tasty beer cuz I'm off for the weekend as of an hour ago!!! I'm very jazzed you should ask me how jazzed I am

just exactly HOW jazzed are you?? pls anwser rounded off to the nearest millijazz!

also happy Friday burgs my fren, have thou any animals that yon might show the images of to the amusement of all and sundry? :)

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Manifisto

cool, it sounds like there's some interest for a blender thingie, I'll try to figure out a useful thread format.

roomforthetuna posted:

I would like a Blender thread. The question that has stopped me from making a short animation is how would I make a Blender material that resembles coarse knitted fabric, that I could just wrap around a shape?
(Obviously there are other things that would stop me later, but that was the first hurdle that made me go "gently caress it I'll just not bother".)

I can think of several ways to handle that. the approach would likely depend on the level of realism you're looking for, and how close up the fabric is going to be viewed. you'd probably want to start with some reference images to figure out the look you're going for.

there's also the question of whether you're specifically trying to create the material, or whether using assets that someone else has created is okay. there are sites, one I use is textures.com, that have a lot of resources of image textures/materials (not just blender-specific) and let you download low-resolution versions for free. the high-res versions, which is what professionals would require, cost money.

things are considerably easier when someone has gone to the trouble of making seamless tiled images of the material color, along with the associated "maps" (things that specify the bumpiness, glossiness, and so on). with basic blender knowledge you can combine these maps into a material, blender recently introduced a "principled" shader that makes this process extremely easy.

you can also be a more hands-on, I don't want to ramble though.

there are of course further logistics. do you want the material to be applied directly to the shape (easy, or at least easy-ish), or do you want it applied to a flexible mesh that is draped around the shape? the latter takes more work, but blender has a very handy physics-based cloth simulation that can help.

I dunno if that's helpful. this is the sort of question that a blender thread would be handy for, depending on your knowledge level I could try to point you to tutorials that do things similar to what you want.

e: this took just a few minutes to put together with a texture from textures.com, it's a rush job and could be made better with some love of course:

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 25, 2019

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

sorry vanisher I already started working on it before I saw your post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfkGgvDMUk

yours will probs be better tho, I didn't even add the bottle of rye

This is A+

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would move to Canada but I don't wanna get murdered for being off-white/brown so instead I live in Missouri where I can get murdered for that but also have to grow my whe'd in secret hail Satan

FluffieDuckie

i thought i wanted to move to canada but then i realized there's less sun and i'd probably have to hide in a closet all winter waiting for the sun to come back

i'm afraid australia would kill me in a whole different way

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

redm

FluffieDuckie posted:

i thought i wanted to move to canada but then i realized there's less sun and i'd probably have to hide in a closet all winter waiting for the sun to come back

i'm afraid australia would kill me in a whole different way

I'd move to australia, sounds like a blast.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

:nice:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3872665

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...aa0cexw7Gy4&s=p

the march of progress marches on

Resting Lich Face

Well that's in my browser history now. Lovely.

Manifisto

I believe our intellectual property is being infringed

call leonard j crabs

BoldFrankensteinMir

Only 76 more pages under British tyranny, countrymen!

FluffieDuckie

i don't have a wiener, but if i did, i'd probably hesitate to put it in there

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Schnorkles

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
hi

alnilam

hello, welcome & chat,! please tell us about your neat hobbies, pets, or dark mysterious past

alnilam

glad to see cspam posting pal schnorkles The Unborkable posting in the yob

ty manifisto

Manifisto

hello schnorkles, I lurk cspam sometimes, thanks for stopping by the yob

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

i don't have a wiener, but if i did, i'd probably hesitate to put it in there

I dunno I would definitely put a tofu pup in there and see what happened

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hello n welcome, what crew are you

Goons Are Gifts

I wanted to make a dirty cspam joke but I figured we don't want to get into that and also I don't want to get hateful pms again, so I'm just saying hello byob!!

take the moon

by sebmojo
ugh I wanted to say sry for bring politikkks to the yob. wont happen again my dudes

e: I was thinking about whether id get a probe the whole time I was out :tinfoil:

Goons Are Gifts

I'm kidding it's an ok place

really

Goons Are Gifts

take the moon posted:

ugh I wanted to say sry for bring politikkks to the yob. wont happen again my dudes

e: I was thinking about whether id get a probe the whole time I was out :tinfoil:

You're a good person and I like you and it's all cool!! Also imagine we'd have a byob politics thread, it would be a mess because we couldn't even figure out what day it is and still create chaos and unchill vibes, but no one would know why!!

It's good to have this island of chill, for the betterment of mankind

Schnorkles

alnilam posted:

hello, welcome & chat,! please tell us about your neat hobbies, pets, or dark mysterious past

i have three cats which i feel is pretty byob

Goons Are Gifts

Only if you post them

vanisher

Schnorkles posted:

Hey! Its Schnorkles!

Hi friend

Schnorkles

Goons Are Great posted:

I wanted to make a dirty cspam joke but I figured we don't want to get into that and also I don't want to get hateful pms again, so I'm just saying hello byob!!

know that i post lots of numbers and dont really get into the whole "RARHGAHGAGHLASKGHSGHASGKLKHGAHS" of politics posting

c-spam depresses me sometimes but i like posting :peanut:

Resting Lich Face

byob seems more into dogs from what I've seen. byob likes cats too but nothing like yospos

alnilam

the poll results are in and 69% of yobbers want to see cats pics

Goons Are Gifts

Dogs are more friendly but cats are more chill, parrots is where the real jizz is at

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Schnorkles posted:

Yes.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Personally want to say hi to every yobber separately right now

Schnorkles

vanisher posted:

Hey! Its Schnorkles!

Hi friend

hello!

alnilam

Schnorkles posted:

c-spam depresses me sometimes but i like posting :peanut:

posting is what it's all about friend

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

hi! knife to meet you

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!