Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Comcast is offering to sell their shares in Hulu to Disney, making Disney own 100% of the service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Comcast is offering to sell their shares in Hulu to Disney, making Disney own 100% of the service.

Isn't Universal trying to do their own streaming service? Probably decided to do this and get rid of their stuff from Hulu to put on it instead.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Really weird seeing Marlo Stanfield as a cop in Bosch

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Agreed - and he's a pretty straight edge cop obsessed with fashion no less. It's quite the role reversal.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Apparently Netflix just dropped an episodic re-cut of The Hateful Eight. Okay. But what's this at 38:45 in episode 3?

I'm not a CineD regular so sorry if this is the wrong place to post it but lol.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Apparently Netflix just dropped an episodic re-cut of The Hateful Eight. Okay. But what's this at 38:45 in episode 3?

I'm not a CineD regular so sorry if this is the wrong place to post it but lol.

Looks like a media offline screen probably from a Clipster workstation. Some dude doing the mastering hosed up.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What you are seeing is Tarantino's original artistic vision with no studio meddling, and if you can't appreciate that then perhaps movies aren't your thing.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I like him in the role though. He's done well from season to season.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I finished Hannah and found it pretty enjoyable. The fighting scenes were kind of rough and it was obvious that the actress playing Hannah wasn’t great at it so it was a lot of obvious stunt doubles but there really weren’t that many action scenes. If you like the Bourne movies you will probably enjoy this.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

My favorite part of zombie movies is always the calm before the storm part and then the early times before there's a huge horde, and everyone's scrabbling around. So while it wasn't great I liked Black Summer a lot because it managed to capture that feeling and hold it longer than pretty much any other zombie fiction I've experienced

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
One episode in, and Chambers is reaaallyyy good.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Forever on Prime is good. Given the way the first couple episodes go, it may be a spoiler to describe it as a dramedy version of The Good Place.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Anyone know why RAW and Smackdown have been showing up later and later each week on Hulu? RAW isn't even up yet and a month ago they were up whenever I wanted to watch.

Also, with SD going to FOX in the fall will it still be on Hulu?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Michael Corleone posted:

Anyone know why RAW and Smackdown have been showing up later and later each week on Hulu? RAW isn't even up yet and a month ago they were up whenever I wanted to watch.

Also, with SD going to FOX in the fall will it still be on Hulu?

Apparently WWE is gonna revamp the Network soon so maybe they're planning on going all in with it for their shows.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

OldTennisCourt posted:

Apparently WWE is gonna revamp the Network soon so maybe they're planning on going all in with it for their shows.

If they could get RAW and SD next day commercial free I would subscribe year long. IDK if that is going to be possible with the FOX deal that moves SD to Friday and they paid $2.5B I think for it, probably Million, idk.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was never clear on if Smackdown was coming to Fox or Fox Sports.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was never clear on if Smackdown was coming to Fox or Fox Sports.

over-the-air FOX. But the word was if it underperforms, it will probably move to FS1 pretty quickly.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

regulargonzalez posted:

Forever on Prime is good. Given the way the first couple episodes go, it may be a spoiler to describe it as a dramedy version of The Good Place.

I watched the first two episodes last night and definitely did not see that coming. Once the premise was on the table I couldn’t help lose a bit of interest because it’s so similar to the other show you mentioned. I’ll probably keep watching though. I enjoy both of the leads.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, Forever is extremely good and surprising

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I have no patience at all for Fred Armisen and despite that l found Forever quite enjoyable.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
I can't be the only one to associate The Innkeepers with that hotel segment of V:TMB, right?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead is on Prime. It's actually been very hard to get lately, the DVD sucks and has been out of print, and streaming services almost never have had it.

Also it loving slaps

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

precision posted:

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead is on Prime. It's actually been very hard to get lately, the DVD sucks and has been out of print, and streaming services almost never have had it.

Also it loving slaps

I love this movie. It is good.

Ted Bundy movie is up and Zac Efron is the stuff.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Ted Bundy movie is up and Zac Efron is the stuff.

Girls want him inside them, and he eats them from the inside out?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There should be a place to complain about how there are still movies, big studio movies, that you simply cannot legally stream on the internet in the year 2019. Two examples are the schlocky Pacific Heights and the absolutely beautiful Topsy-Turvy. They're not available in the catalog of any streaming service and you can't even buy or rent them anywhere.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

There should be a place to complain about how there are still movies, big studio movies, that you simply cannot legally stream on the internet in the year 2019. Two examples are the schlocky Pacific Heights and the absolutely beautiful Topsy-Turvy. They're not available in the catalog of any streaming service and you can't even buy or rent them anywhere.

https://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Topsy-Turvy/70000814?dsrc=DVDWEB

Stuff like this is why I still browse the library for movies and use Netflix's old gramma service.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The MSJ posted:

Girls want him inside them, and he eats them from the inside out?

:rimshot:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Topsy-Turvy will probably be on The Criterion Channel eventually since it was up on Filmstruck, even if just for a limited time.

Pacific Heights is part of the Morgan Creek library, which just recently moved from Warner Bros. to Sony, so that might be why it's been absent. Likewise, the Regency library (Heat, L.A. Confidential, Once Upon a Time in America) recently moved to Fox from WB.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Suspiria remake is up on Prime and it is loving amazing and good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

precision posted:

Oh hell yeah. Nice.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

precision posted:

Seconded. I think it's even better than the original.

Slaughter your sacred giallo cows.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The very best thing about NuSpiria is that it is a completely different film to the original.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The very best thing about NuSpiria is that it is a completely different film to the original.

It is certainly that. I thought it was pretty bloated and I lost interest whenever the psychiatrist was on screen. Score was good tho.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I wish more people would pretend to do a quick cash in remake in order to get their arthouse horror funded.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Agreed. More remakes should do that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just finishing up Vice Principles and this show is loving great. Walton Goggin’s character is one of the GOATs.

It also just dawned on me how much Jody Hill’s stuff is like Strangers With Candy and that’s probably why I like it so much. Just always teetering that line between normal and totally absurd.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So I noticed two movies I've been waiting forever to show up on streaming have arrived on Amazon Prime.

House (1986) - I watched this a million times as a kid. It stars the Greatest American Hero dude as a writer who lost his kid and moves into a house. Hot off the heels of Ghostbusters, this movie tries to be a comedy horror. It has a serious vibe going, but it shows 80s all over for the corny comedy also. The creature design feels a lot like Evil Dead, but I can't find that the same people worked on this. Maybe some did since they all pretty much work on everything together anyways. It was worth watching again as a fun horror movie, and as a kid I dismissed a lot of the bad bits pretty easy.

Creepshow 2 (1987) - The sequel to the pretty kickass original. Only one bummer of a story here as far as I'm concerned. I like it as much as I always have. Not nearly as good as the original with Ted Danson in one of his best roles ever, but it's still a fun horror flick.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Predator 2018 is on HBO. I don't know if I can even muster up the motivation to watch it for free though lol.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Larry Nassar doc on HBO was good. Infuriating, but good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Enos Cabell posted:

The Larry Nassar doc on HBO was good. Infuriating, but good.

I watched excerpts of his interrogation and it was as infuriating as I imagine this was.