Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
she just said an oopsie no no gamer wrestle word not a big deal at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

she just said an oopsie no no gamer wrestle word not a big deal at all

We must stop these vicious attacks on gamer culture

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

quote:

WWE's product has always been character based. Storylines and a pay-off have always come first, and match quality second.

NXT is not built to create larger than life personalities. It creates guys to be VERY GOOD in ring wrestlers, who happen to have really cool entrances, but many of them lack any sort of character.

Guys like Seth, Big E, and Roman only became good promos after years of being within the WWE

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkstarIV posted:

These people...:psyduck:

God bless WrestleForum. They even have an "ANTI SJW SAFESPACE" thread now.

But we're the snowflakes. Lmao.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The worst part of that is that he thinks NXT creates good wrestlers.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Scott Keith has had a enough:

https://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2019/04/26/the-smark-rant-for-wwe-network-worlds-collide-girlfight-2k19/

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Posting Keith in this thread almost feels like cheating, he's about as smart as a ham sandwich

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I figured Scott Keith would have died from eating rotten ramen or something by this point.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It’s 2019, everyone knows she’s gay, and it’s not a big deal. Except to me, Scott Keith, who is pointing out that how bad and big of a deal it is. Next up: how many black guys seriously need to be in the New Day??

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

It’s 2019, everyone knows she’s gay, and it’s not a big deal. Except to me, Scott Keith, who is pointing out that how bad and big of a deal it is. Next up: how many black guys seriously need to be in the New Day??

Also wasn't Chris Benoit great

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i read something on another forum (not this one) about how michael elgin didnt do anything wrong and that everyone is mad about it and that's why they dislike him. i think it was on GameFAQs.com

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please refer to him as the netcop

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i read something on another forum (not this one) about how michael elgin didnt do anything wrong and that everyone is mad about it and that's why they dislike him. i think it was on GameFAQs.com

can’t help but feel like you deserve a better class of message board

have you heard of this place called some thing that is awful, dot comm

it ain’t perfect, I’ll grant you, but I’m pretty sure that willingly inflicting GameFAQs on yourself is a sign of possible depression

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't remember what forum it was. that was just a guess. this is my 'home' forum. But it would be against the rules to talk about something posted here so it definitely had to be from somewhere else. i respect the rules. and that rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

i don't remember what forum it was. that was just a guess. this is my 'home' forum. But it would be against the rules to talk about something posted here so it definitely had to be from somewhere else. i respect the rules. and that rules.

Rules are for fools

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Ruck fules

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

Charlotte is the only person in the women's division (now that Ronda is gone) that's actually believable. If wrestling was real, Charlotte would beat the living poo poo out of everyone with zero effort. Charlotte is the only Womens champion that's actually believable with the title. This whole Lynch/Charlotte feud is loving cringe. Becky is half the size of Charlotte and would get murdered in a real life fight against Charlotte but they're trying to make us believe that she's on par with Charlotte and can beat her. Its no wonder the focus on the women's division is killing ratings.

It's the same with Lesnar. People complained about Vince focusing so much on Brock and always having him be champion. Guess what, if wrestling was real, Brock would murder the living poo poo out of 99% of the men in the locker room and be champion anyways. Vince has made alot of bad decisions but when it came to Brock and now Charlotte, he's making the right call.

Good thing wrestling isn't real then. And I'm pretty sure there are several women on the main roster (not counting Ronda) who are way more threatening in a real fight than Charlotte. Also the rare "Well actually Brock Lesnar was good for the company/title" take as well.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The ratings are down, he’s got a point

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Good thing wrestling isn't real then. And I'm pretty sure there are several women on the main roster (not counting Ronda) who are way more threatening in a real fight than Charlotte. Also the rare "Well actually Brock Lesnar was good for the company/title" take as well.

Brock is good, OP.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Brock milked Vince for shitloads of money and for that we should all salute him :patriot:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
that one pic of scott keith with the sick tucked in Owen Hart shirt is burned in my head

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What was the name of that stupid loving series Keith wrote about mid-90s WWF that was riddled with errors? Titan Sinking?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Thinking of Scott Keith always reminds me of the nWWWo, and thinking of the nWWWo always reminds me of Sean Shannon writing articles about how Bret was secretly glad Owen was dead and was planning to marry his widow and take over his family, and thinking of that makes me wonder how the entire internet wrestling fanbase has avoided sinking into the earth and dying.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CarlCX posted:

Thinking of Scott Keith always reminds me of the nWWWo, and thinking of the nWWWo always reminds me of Sean Shannon writing articles about how Bret was secretly glad Owen was dead and was planning to marry his widow and take over his family, and thinking of that makes me wonder how the entire internet wrestling fanbase has avoided sinking into the earth and dying.

Shannon had a bizarre, focused hatred of Bret Hart

Then he stopped paying the monthly rent on his and Keith's joint website and poo poo got weird

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Shannon had a bizarre, focused hatred of Bret Hart

Then he stopped paying the monthly rent on his and Keith's joint website and poo poo got weird

Please tell me more.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Please tell me more.

I'm going to assume you're actually serious. There's more to both, and they're both kind of funny in a "Wow, what a schmuck" sort of way.

The Bret thing...I don't remember where it came from, but at one point Sean was either guest recapping or short term filling in for someone for Nitro, and Bret hit Luger with a bat, and Shannon was demanding Bret get fired for real because they thought the shiner Luger had was real (in fairness, it might have been, people do get stiffed sometimes) and that Bret did it intentionally (for...reasons, I guess). Their website had a forum, I posted on it, and met people I'm still net friends with today, one of whom ventures into this forum occasionally. Anyways, most recaps and articles on the site had threads on a separate forum on a website called Delphi, where people could comment, and someone asked point blank if Sean was just loving with people, and no, Sean was dead serious. I recall a long flame war erupting over it, pretty sure Sean banned a few folks over it. I might be mis-remembering some of this, but in my defence, it was 20 years ago or so, and I'm 100% sure the basic facts of Sean having a weird hatred of Bret and him loving over Scott Keith are accurate.

The website thing was weird. I regularly checked into Rantsylvania (don't forget, I was only 15-16 when all this happened, and I'm well aware they're both hacks now) only to get a message saying the website couldn't be found. That went on for almost a week, then the website came back. Scott posted a message to the readers saying what happened; Sean had just decided to stop paying the monthly bill to keep the site running, and when Scott called, he talked to Sean's dad. Then told him what Sean had done, and from what I recall, it served as a wedge between Sean and his dad and their relationship sucked to begin with. Partly because Sean was closeted trans, and later came out as such, and I'm only using their deadname because I don't know what their new name/identity is. But also because what Sean did wasn't very honorable (although I bet they'd have lots of excuses). So Shannon sold Scott the website rights, and they kept going.

But that's not quite the end.

Back during the MNW, there were a LOT of websites for wrestling. Like, a stupefying amount. One of the big sites at the time, ScoopsWrestling (AKA the place that swore Yokozuna would return any day now as a Hart Foundation member), employed a guy named Chris Hyatte. I used to sorta enjoy Hyatte until I realized how much of a hacky, misogynist edgelord he was. Hyatte and Shannon REALLY didn't like each other, and regularly took shots at each other in their writing. I don't remember why. But I guess Sean must have been doing Nitro short term because Scott hired Hyatte to replace him out of spite, but first, Chris wrote a long article (none of which I recall), and it was about 500 word hitpiece on Shannon. I guess after Shannon left Scott held a grudge and we got that as a result. Hyatte would later indirectly piss me off by essentially stalking a net friend of mine because he thought she'd hooked up with another member of an offshoot forum instead of dating him instead (she hadn't she just wasn't into him).

I'm genuinely surprised Scott still writes about wrestling, last I heard he'd become very jaded about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What was the name of that stupid loving series Keith wrote about mid-90s WWF that was riddled with errors? Titan Sinking?

He wrote a couple of Shakespeare themed pieces one was called King Lear which I think was about the WWF's decline, then I think there was one about WCW, and then maybe another WWF one called Lazarus?

He also did an AWA piece that was among the worst things I've ever read and I'm reading Hogan's first book.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I'm going to assume you're actually serious.

:words:

I was, and thank you.

MassRafTer posted:

He wrote a couple of Shakespeare themed pieces one was called King Lear which I think was about the WWF's decline, then I think there was one about WCW, and then maybe another WWF one called Lazarus?

He also did an AWA piece that was among the worst things I've ever read and I'm reading Hogan's first book.

Yes, Lazarus is the name I was thinking of, but I remember reading both. I don't dare go back and read them again because I don't like bleeding from the ears.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

I'm genuinely surprised Scott still writes about wrestling, last I heard he'd become very jaded about it.

I used to read Keith (god, about 10 years ago now) but had to stop because it just got too loving miserable. Love to read the musings of someone who just actively seems to hate wrestling.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mactheknife posted:

Love to read the musings of someone who just actively seems to hate wrestling.

but enough about rowdy ringsports *bow tie spins*

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

quote:

I highly doubt that the wrestlers can easily terminate their contracts without some pretty lovely repercussions.

quote:

Just pay back what WWE paid

https://reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bfe6be/wwe_president_in_jan_2018_says_talent_agreements/

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
And people wonder why the main roster womens division is so terrible, its comments like these.

quote:

Also lol that you think them (The IIconics) playing their characters and working a more limited and basic moveset makes them bad wrestlers. They wrestle just fine. They aren't meant to be like Asuka or Kairi or Io Sharia or whoever you consider "good".

They're characters first and the wrestling is secondary.
Here is the kicker. The IIconics have okay character work. But its a massive stretch to assume they are intentionally being awful in the ring because they are heels. I don't think Peyton or Billie have had many (if any) actual good singles (or just them vs another team) matches since being called up.

I hate the excuse that heels are supposed to be bad in the ring to get booed.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 30, 2019

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can point to at least 20 wrestlers off the top of my head who are "entertaining heels" but still have great matches without losing their heel cred. This whole mindset that you have to be boring to be a good heel worker seems like it came directly from future company boss Triple H, whose entire career was built around that formula and bleeds into today's NXT/Performance Center house style.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

I can point to at least 20 wrestlers off the top of my head who are "entertaining heels" but still have great matches without losing their heel cred. This whole mindset that you have to be boring to be a good heel worker seems like it came directly from future company boss Triple H, whose entire career was built around that formula and bleeds into today's NXT/Performance Center house style.

I mean I can name three heels in NXT who can work good matches and still get booed. Adam Cole, Tommaso Ciampa, and Shayna Baszler. I think its less an NXT problem and more along the lines of a main roster creative problem.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That Vickie Guerrero pay about how Benoit should go into HOF had produced some of the stupidest comments I've ever seen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/SmallcageGG/status/1123360325863116801

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That is a great opinion imho.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Raws viewership has been falling since 2004

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That's a heartbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

That's a heartbreaker.

I'm sure they'll blame Kofi and get the belt onto KO to hotshot to Reigns in short order... and then it'll be hilarious when the ratings keep dropping as we inch closer to October and the share price plummets.