Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, it's be cool if they take some animation tips from this scene in a future big Glimmer fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar7fHWRMNoE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I was not loving ready for the D&D episode preview, let alone the actual episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lIsGtaLcrc

Edit: Wow that got taken down right after I linked it. :(

Perfuma would make an excellent Wizard. "How does it work? It's Magic~"

Out of everyone in the group, I did not expect Mermista to be the one super into the roleplaying aspect. :allears:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This will be a very giffable season.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

I'm a huge fan of the newfound friendship between Entrapta and Hordak

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Were those nods to the original character designs?

The score is also the original transformation theme as well.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The D&D Important tactical Planning episode was wonderful. It's just a shame Scorpia's incompetent underlings didn't respect her tactical ability, and so were unprepared for the assault she accurately predicted.

I lost it at Mermista quoting the original opening with it's Fabulous Secrets.

I was also expecting Serenia to be a planet, like Etheria and Eternia, and Hordak being pretty clearly from another world. Then it was the name of a heroine... but then it was a constellation again!

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Senerio posted:

I'm a huge fan of the newfound friendship between Entrapta and Hordak
I loved this scene. It was great. Hordak just wanted to be so mad at her but he's too intrigued to do more than let her do what she's doing.

Elfface posted:

I was also expecting Serenia to be a planet, like Etheria and Eternia, and Hordak being pretty clearly from another world. Then it was the name of a heroine... but then it was a constellation again!

In the original lore, Hordak is from another planet, as is the Horde itself. I'm hoping that this portal stuff means we might get to see Hordak screaming at Skeletor over in Eternia.

I just finished watching it and all I want is for Scorpia to be happy. :allears: I also had a fantastic laugh when Scorpia was confused about who Rogelio was because I don't think we learned that was his name until that moment. I am also looking much forward to all the fanart of purrito Catra.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Was Glimmer's 'war plan' a reference to anything in particular, or was it anime in general? I'll be honest, it gave me a kind of cowboy bebop vibe (and the pompadour alex has!!! :D)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Watched it all, Bow's dark secret was amazing as was the true meaning of the tattoo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
What is with being an evil lieutenant and getting choked out by your boss?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

Just finished watching the new season and goddamn I love Entrapta. The absolute purest and best form of Chaotic Neutral. She loves exactly One Goddamn Thing and the petty laws of neither god nor man will stand in her way. Even Hordak is in awe.

Entrapta confirmed as still the best princess.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bow's was my favorite plan, but I have to admit Glimmer's had an amazing look.

I think it's funny that Frosta's design for Catra is the most accurate.

Darth Walrus posted:

This will be a very giffable season.

Maybe.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This season was so painfully bisected by Netflix trying to stretch this out that it kind of soured my enjoyment. I want more, damnit! The stuff was all good and great, but it's incomplete.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Even Kevin manages to look cool in this version. He at least caught that break.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I appreciate Frosta defining Catra as that rear end in a top hat who shows up to parties and trashes your house.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Every time they say 'The Horde captured Dryl' I imagine Dril as a princess and now I'm disappointed they didn't use at least one quote.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SardonicTyrant posted:

Every time they say 'The Horde captured Dryl' I imagine Dril as a princess and now I'm disappointed they didn't use at least one quote.

Cat food $200
Capes $150
Armor plating $800
Uninsulated cables $3,600
Utility $150

someone who is good at the first one's tech please help me budget this. my portal machine is dying

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

kefkafloyd posted:

This season was so painfully bisected by Netflix trying to stretch this out that it kind of soured my enjoyment. I want more, damnit! The stuff was all good and great, but it's incomplete.

Even Kevin manages to look cool in this version. He at least caught that break.

Kyle. :v: Or is that :thejoke:

https://twitter.com/Cat_Cosplay/status/1122215374701772801

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 27, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wasn't expecting to see Glimmer's dad in this, that was neat.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

No, I meant Kyle, but it works as an indirect joke so I'll take it. :v:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

kefkafloyd posted:

I agree. The narrative really takes a hit when you cut it in half right after doing all the character building stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Netflix should really make it clear to Dreamworks that this is their plan, because DW are clearly making these shows with the normal 13-26 episode cycle in mind and building to season finales based on that. They try with these 'mid-season finale' episodes but they're almost always character studies that don't get paid off for months or years.

Also had to laugh at how :effort: they were with making Scorpia's crush on Catra deniably platonic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Netflix should really make it clear to Dreamworks that this is their plan, because DW are clearly making these shows with the normal 13-26 episode cycle in mind and building to season finales based on that. They try with these 'mid-season finale' episodes but they're almost always character studies that don't get paid off for months or years.

Also had to laugh at how :effort: they were with making Scorpia's crush on Catra deniably platonic.

Since they have an actual onscreen gay couple as central characters in an episode, I assumed that was more about Scorpia herself not quite getting it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I thought it was a Dreamworks thing, not a Netflix thing.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'mma say Catra is going to beast island and will find out something about her origins.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Motherfucker posted:

I'mma say Catra is going to beast island and will find out something about her origins.

Sounds like a good bet. Can't wait! This show really isn't afraid to keep things moving, which I appreciate. The Horde is very... fluid as Hordak gets more impatient it seems. Bow continues to be the MVP (what a cutie!) and Scorpia is still pure :3:

https://twitter.com/charlestan/status/1122421418119974912

Hey Adora.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
bows two dads are cute af

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Next season is going to be amazing, because Castaspella will do something.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Motherfucker posted:

I hope she gets that crown that lets her transform into a jaguar.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

That's quite the cliffhanger to end on.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I've been playing Ace Attorney and I keep imagining Scorpia and Dick Gumshoe as alt universe versions of each other.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm glad Scorpia will have Inspector Pirate to rebound to.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madurai posted:

I'm glad Scorpia will have Inspector Pirate to rebound to.

I took that as more her and Sea Hawk bonding over being in love with girls who seem to at best be oblivious to their feelings (OK, it does seem like Mermista kinda is into him)

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
Just finished season 2 and Entrapta is def. my favourite princess.

I want a crossover that has her teaming up with Olivia Octavius from Into the Spiderverse and doing questionably moral but highly enthusiastic science with each other, building portal machines and the like.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

One of my favourite things in the season was Hordak going from infuriated with her to confused to intrigued.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i want a gif of she-ra punching the robot and being all like 'hey catra' that was cool

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The revelation that the inside of Glimmer's head is all 90's anime all the time is the Rosetta Stone we need to understand her.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Can someone make this avatar-sized? I wanted a super pal trio avatar but this is better.

(Also a still of one of the like two frames with both the wink and the sparkle)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 29, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
DIY on ezgif.com, really easy to split it apart into frames. Doesn't work on mobile.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I was debating between various lines for it and ultimately I decided that she gave off the right energy to steal Catra's catchphrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Watched it all, Bow's dark secret was amazing as was the true meaning of the tattoo.

I'm curious as to where Bow's parents get off thinking that the princesses started the war with the Horde.

Scorpia did say that she and her family allied themselves with the Horde after being senselessly shunned by the other princesses, so maybe there is something to that? Possibly related to what went wrong with Mara's career as She-Ra (which I've also been curious about)?