Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Because ants don’t have armies going back with intel.

Ants use pheromones to communicate with other ants, which includes stuff like 'hey there's something dangerous here' as well as telling other ants where they should go for specific purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I understand that!

But you’d think after the US army was shooting at Godzilla 5 years ago they’d go, “bullets don’t work”

I guess it’s the same reason the Japanese army get using sonic tanks and rockets to no real effect.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Vintersorg posted:

I understand that!

But you’d think after the US army was shooting at Godzilla 5 years ago they’d go, “bullets don’t work”

I guess it’s the same reason the Japanese army get using sonic tanks and rockets to no real effect.

you'd think at some point in the last 60 years the us army would have gone "invading countries to bring democracy doesn't work" but here we are.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Vintersorg posted:

I understand that!

I think the idea is that they have to try something, anything, to at least distract the kaiju and buy people in urban centers more time to evacuate. Every second Godzilla spends annihilating an armored battalion is another second that civilians have to flee.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It also just looks cool, you tactical dorks.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Vintersorg posted:

I understand that!

There’s no reason to believe that there aren’t already some kaiju susceptible to conventional military weapons. Hell, we may see that scenario play out with one of the secret kaiju they’ve been teasing.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I mean if I was face to face with a gargantuan magma pterodactyl and I had a gun I would probably shot it too to make me feel better

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sometimes yeah, like King Kong gets hosed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tIkxT59KrY

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Well, those are beautiful

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Give us a Megalon spin-off you cowards!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

even OG Ghidorah was kinda mean lookin (ignorin' dem wires :))

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Failson posted:

Give us a Megalon spin-off you cowards!

Where's my Legendary-style Gamera for the 21st century

Who will be guardian of the universe and friend to all children now??

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Legendary's Godzilla King of the Monsters will be the first Reiwa Era Godzilla movie.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Where's my Legendary-style Gamera for the 21st century

quote:

Who will be guardian of the universe and friend to all children now??

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Legendary should just increase Goji's size in every subsequent movie.

By the time G vs K rolls around, Kong will be fighting way out of his weight class even with a massive growth spurt. Then the final movie could feature a Godzilla equal in size to G: Earth fighting a Death Star sized Space Godzilla.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's not a kaiju, it's an arms race.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Godzilla should never look the same twice in any given movie.

Even if it's just his suit falling apart

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Booked a consult to finally get my dream of a Godzilla half-sleeve tattoo.

First debate: Atomic breath or not.... :/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tekne posted:

Legendary should just increase Goji's size in every subsequent movie.

His dorsal spines should get taller and taller to make him technically taller, just like how the world's tallest buildings used to add bigger and bigger aerials on top whenever an actually taller building got made and broke their record.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Stay with me here...

Godzilla...pompadour. Like Redline level.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Chonk Godzilla is best Godzilla and I won't have anyone trash talk my sweet sweet son!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Vintersorg posted:

Booked a consult to finally get my dream of a Godzilla half-sleeve tattoo.

First debate: Atomic breath or not.... :/

Glowing backplates, getting ready to go.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OB_Juan posted:

.... and when people ask to see the tat you could slowly roll up your sleeve and make the "WOM WOM WOM WOM WOM" power-up noise as Big G is revealed

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OB_Juan posted:

Oooh, yes, this is best of both worlds.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

.... and when people ask to see the tat you could slowly roll up your sleeve and make the "WOM WOM WOM WOM WOM" power-up noise as Big G is revealed

LOL

Now I am deciding on which others, narrowed to King G, Jet Jaguar, Gigan, Mothra and possibly some maser cannons on the bottom.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

LOL

Now I am deciding on which others, narrowed to King G, Jet Jaguar, Gigan, Mothra and possibly some maser cannons on the bottom.

Super X is always a fun thing to have flying around

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vintersorg posted:

King G on the other arm so you can smash them together to make a tableau

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Mothrapillar demands to be on the bottom.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Get some version this

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11130/111300953/6526150-kingg.jpg

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MonarchSciences/status/1123290649472561152

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

She's simultaneously scary and cute as a larva. Good job Legendary.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Accidental double post because I am dumb.

Just imagine:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Do they make blacklight tattoo ink?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

McSpanky posted:

They do!

http://nextluxury.com/mens-style-and-fashion/how-long-do-glow-in-the-dark-tattoos-last/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tekne posted:

Just imagine:

I'm cumming but also make that Jet Jaguar not Ultraman.

McSpanky posted:

That'd be cool actually...

Goon project: Vintersorgs Tattoo (I've only booked it, next appointment is in Feb 2020 or thereabouts for her)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

E: My first double post!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Tekne posted:

Just imagine:

Nah, not Ultraman the Next. You want roided Ultraman, it's Gaia Supreme or Titus.

But yeah, to keep it from breaking genre, Jet Jaguar.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hadn't really got into Godzilla before , but I'm really looking forward to this movie after learning about it recently.

Also, after my mind made several leaps while reading YouTube comments, I'm now half-expecting a "God save the Queen" pun after something like Mothra getting taken down by Ghidorah and Godzilla having to step in. I'm not sure if I'll be more disappointed if they do have someone say that, or they don't, now.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm distracted at work thinking about this goddamn movie. I hope Godzookie is in it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wicked, the blacklight glow would be perfect for the atomic breath, and maybe the spines too if they can overlay it on normal ink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I keep pinching myself, because Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah all look like themselves. Yes, they've been updated, but they're all recognizably those characters. It's so awesome.

Like, look at the Sonic fiasco. There are so many ways the designs could have been ruined.

Vintersorg posted:

LOL

Invasion of Astro-Monster style flying saucers!