Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Not to be that guy but if you're in the Bay Area anyways (which is where you can get these pork rinds) you can effortlessly go to any number of Mexican Carnicerías and get some fresh-rear end chicharrónes.

Like if your'e in San Jose check out Los Cuates my dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Secht posted:

Did anyone use the Co to buy a car? I noticed some service is included with membership and just starting to weigh options.

As a dealer that is part of the Costco Auto Program, it's just convenience. The company Costco contracts with for the auto program asks the dealers for pricing and compares it to a regional benchmark. They just make sure the individual dealer is actually discounting the vehicle and within a certain range of the benchmark pricing.

Dealer controls pricing and you can easily get a lower price by working it between dealers on the phone/email if you've got the time.

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 28, 2019

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

How do they teach millennials to become pushy car salesmen? Is a steeper learning curve for the shyest generation, or are there just some dudes who dont give a gently caress?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

How do they teach millennials to become pushy car salesmen? Is a steeper learning curve for the shyest generation, or are there just some dudes who dont give a gently caress?

I just manage the online sales and digital marketing aspect so I'm not the typical car sales persona. As for the others, some just don't give a gently caress, some are way into the self help poo poo which is the same group as salesmen, and the others just can't afford college and they can make way more money this way.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Dealer controls pricing and you can easily get a lower price by working it between dealers on the phone/email if you've got the time.

Thank you. I've been trying to make this point about the auto program for years.

It's easy as hell to get a great price over email alone, just email a bunch of dealers and successively play the lowest price against each other until you have the best price. It's really not that hard.

People in this thread often act like the Costco auto price is the best you can find, like ok man, I guess you didn't look very hard then.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Taima posted:

Thank you. I've been trying to make this point about the auto program for years.

It's easy as hell to get a great price over email alone, just email a bunch of dealers and successively play the lowest price against each other until you have the best price. It's really not that hard.

People in this thread often act like the Costco auto price is the best you can find, like ok man, I guess you didn't look very hard then.

A lot of the dealers around me will straight up tell you that they don't email prices. You have to come into the dealership to discuss. So then you can't do this method.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Taima posted:

No one in this thread said that. Everyone said "it's not the lowest but it's the least hassle". :confused:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

A lot of the dealers around me will straight up tell you that they don't email prices. You have to come into the dealership to discuss. So then you can't do this method.

Lol what dumbasses. Seriously the modern shopper wants as little hassle and is going to shop your price regardless. Not giving that price will effectively remove yourself from that list. Just this last week I had a customer negotiating with me completely over text, came in and signed, total time in the store? 30 minutes. It's a rarity but it's happening more and more.

Note, not a luxury brand dealer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

my dude you are grossly mistaking what people have been saying for months whenever the question comes up. the census is very much: "it's ok if its the exact model you want and want to get it at the price without any haggling, but you can (probably) save a little more money if you play the dealer game".

now how much you can actually save doing that is probably questionable and depends on the car and poo poo. i dont think anyone really has an answer to that but there's something to be said that getting straight up price and fixed package of bells n benefits that you're ok with is perfectly fine at lower stress, even if you could save an extra $x.

now i have not used it, i still drive my shitbox '01 accord and take bart to work everyday so i have no need for a new car. really thought about it a few times but couldn't justify it, and would probably not use costco unless its a civic hatchback or something they have listed that i'm interested in at that point in time. but thats not at all what anyone has been saying about it.

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
hi welcome to costco i love u

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I love you too

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
I blazed past the entry checkpoint and got chased down one time because I forgot to show them my business executive membership card. I usually just flap my wallet open and smile, which is the cure for just about anything.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco has those rad tower fans on sale for $20 right now. Buy 'em now before you curse your lack of foresight in July.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco has those rad tower fans on sale for $20 right now. Buy 'em now before you curse your lack of foresight in July.

Thats the Cascade one thats in the coupon book right? How loud is it compared to other fans?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thats the Cascade one thats in the coupon book right? How loud is it compared to other fans?

I’m gonna have to check but I think it’s the same one I have and it’s not very loud at all. Tower fans are great and 20 is a great price.

Get them now.

THOT PATROL
Nov 16, 2017
did the ‘co yesterday instead of saturday bc of weather, like an idiot moron. sunday 15min after opening was already a shitshow

got a lot of good boring poo poo, a $10 pair of “yoga mat sandals” that seem promising as a summer pair of beater flip-flops, like 5lb of rainbow carrots. did not see the serrano ham, did see pork belly at $4/lb. the strawberries all had mold on em, nasty

still haven’t had a dog but I see many more opportunities to do so in my future. thx costco thread

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

I’m gonna have to check but I think it’s the same one I have and it’s not very loud at all. Tower fans are great and 20 is a great price.

Get them now.

They have a bunch of different settings, too. They're great fans; I'm amazed at what will retail elsewhere for like $60 in the dead of summer that is poo poo quality compared to this fan.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

This news interest me greatly.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

This news interest me greatly.

Same. Mostly for work, where one locations a/c and heat has been broken for 6+ months and the city refuses to get on that. They say that it has to be hotter than 90(!!!) indoors before its a real priority.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It's this fan, it owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LblCACrDc

Whenever they go on sale I see every single person at Costco with one in their cart.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

these fans own

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Don’t get the portable AC units though, they almost always suck poo poo (not a costco issue).

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol my store ain’t loving around when the fans go on sale

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Desire for fans... Rising...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I have a lovely remote fan that works great right now and I'm still considering this. :(

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Maybe I just have a bad fan but I think my tower fan sucks.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

priznat posted:

Don’t get the portable AC units though, they almost always suck poo poo (not a costco issue).

Portable A/Cs (the ones that don't go in the window) have to use the inside air they are trying to cool to cool themselves, making them horribly inefficient. Only use these if you can't possibly use a window unit.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

fordham posted:

Portable A/Cs (the ones that don't go in the window) have to use the inside air they are trying to cool to cool themselves, making them horribly inefficient. Only use these if you can't possibly use a window unit.

Wat

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

fordham posted:

You, uh....

The gently caress are you talking about? Do you not know how not-window AC systems work?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

KakerMix posted:

You, uh....

The gently caress are you talking about? Do you not know how not-window AC systems work?

He’s right though?

They suck in the air from room on the sides and then blow the hot air out the back through a hose that goes in the window.

Unless I’m completely reading it wrong but that’s how they work.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

lol my store ain’t loving around when the fans go on sale

:popeye:

Costco knows something I don't. I'll probably get a few to replace our other fans. Summers in SoCal (San Diego) have become absolute nightmares. No one ever needed an A/C unit unless you were rich. THEN I DON'T KNOW, IT JUST GOT HOT ALL OF A SUDDEN?!

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 29, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The portable AC I tried from costco had a window tube but it was nigh useless, so took it back and suffered.

Now that I have a basement I just go down there if it gets too steamy.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I love the room circulators made by Vornado like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Vornado-Full-Size-Whole-Room-Circulator/dp/B000MI3HJQ/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=vornado&qid=1556568673&s=gateway&sr=8-18

It create a full circulation current in whatever room you're in. It's SO MUCH nicer than a directional fan imo.

I swear by mine, we live at the beach and have no A/C because frankly we don't need it for a lot of the year, but during the hottest part of summer this fan saves our rear end on the regular.

I would totally buy that Costco window A/C unit as well if the reviews didn't suck. In east asia everywhere has these remote-controlled A/C units mounted to the ceiling that use some kind of coolant, but I can't seem to find them here.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I’ve got an LG portable AC that works fine. I mean, nobody’s trying to cool more than one room with these things, right?

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Taima posted:

I would totally buy that Costco window A/C unit as well if the reviews didn't suck. In east asia everywhere has these remote-controlled A/C units mounted to the ceiling that use some kind of coolant, but I can't seem to find them here.

Split ductless system, right?
https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/products/indoor-units/wall-mounted-heating-and-cooling
HVAC folks started carrying them here in Texas a few years ago. Best investment I ever made for our converted garage since it's not insulated well.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

I love the room circulators made by Vornado like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Vornado-Full-Size-Whole-Room-Circulator/dp/B000MI3HJQ/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=vornado&qid=1556568673&s=gateway&sr=8-18

It create a full circulation current in whatever room you're in. It's SO MUCH nicer than a directional fan imo.

I swear by mine, we live at the beach and have no A/C because frankly we don't need it for a lot of the year, but during the hottest part of summer this fan saves our rear end on the regular.

Those are ductless mini split systems. Also ketchup goes on dawgs.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

topenga posted:

Split ductless system, right?
https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/products/indoor-units/wall-mounted-heating-and-cooling
HVAC folks started carrying them here in Texas a few years ago. Best investment I ever made for our converted garage since it's not insulated well.

Wow. Ok. That is incredible. So you mount the unit and route tubing to a fan unit outside, am I understanding this right? How much did your setup run, if I may ask?

Really considering grabbing one of these...!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

SoCal (San Diego) have become absolute nightmares. No one ever needed an A/C unit unless you were rich. THEN I DON'T KNOW, IT JUST GOT HOT ALL OF A SUDDEN?!

Same here in Central CA, but not as bad as Socal. The problem is that socal is actually turning more into a year-round desert as climate change expands the Hadley Cell. As the earth warms, you guys will get less and less rain

(though of course yearly and decadal fluctuations will influence the short term pattern, it won't always be dry, just consistently drier and drier, on average, over time).

Taima fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 29, 2019

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

He’s right though?

They suck in the air from room on the sides and then blow the hot air out the back through a hose that goes in the window.

If you have to get a portable AC unit, spend the extra for a two-pipe unit.

They take air from outside, dump heat into it, then exhaust it, as opposed to using indoor air.

They are much better, but also more expensive by 100 dollars or so.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Taima posted:

Wow. Ok. That is incredible. So you mount the unit and route tubing to a fan unit outside, am I understanding this right? How much did your setup run, if I may ask?

Really considering grabbing one of these...!

That is Mitsubishi, which is top of the line for that type of unit. Installs run several thousand or Higher.

Also those type of units should be hard-wired, so you may need an electrician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

MarcusSA posted:

He’s right though?

Ah my mistake. I thought they meant that they just dumped their heated air right in the same room, like if you took a window unit and just set it on the floor in a room and ran it.

The portable ones with the exhaust tube work really well for what we used ours for, cooling our van when out camping.