Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Another bit of leaked footage.

https://streamable.com/2x088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bugsy posted:

I was a little worried it would look dated from the trailer, but I actually really like the amount of fidelity on this footage.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Those new item cards are pretty slick. I'm glad they finally put DPS on there.

edit: oh nevermind, the DPS stat is just for elemental damage. That's kind of cool too I guess but it'd be way cooler if total DPS was on there.

internet celebrity fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 29, 2019

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Can you turn down the gloss? It looks a bit shiny

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
looks pretty nice

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
The character only has a single special ability, as far as I can tell. Bleh.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Megazver posted:

The ECHOcast preview showed space in the UI for three abilities, and the one ability they showed was both in a subtree's panel and color-coded to match that tree. It's a little early to speculate, especially since it's a basic thing the previews day after tomorrow should show, but it seems like the only reason there's one single ability is because it's a low-level character in both videos.

There's also a different, green-colored special ability icon in a preview on the official site.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 30, 2019

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Megazver posted:

I think the way skills work is completely different across characters. Amara has an "Attack component" an "Effect Component" and an "Elemental Component", Zane has a "Grenade slot" and an "Action skill slot" with two augments for each.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 30, 2019

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Zane looks actually pretty insane. It's like some weird combination of Fake Jack, Zero and Brick's Blaster tree all rolled into one.

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

New .jpg's under the manufacturer page.

COV?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kaustik posted:

New .jpg's under the manufacturer page.

COV?

Children of the Vault. Basically replacing Bandit.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Haven't the CoV replaced the Bandits all together? Like I mean as a whole force on Pandora kind of thing. That's why there's female psychos and reavers and poo poo now.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pylons posted:

I think the way skills work is completely different across characters. Amara has an "Attack component" an "Effect Component" and an "Elemental Component", Zane has a "Grenade slot" and an "Action skill slot" with two augments for each.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Zane looks actually pretty insane. It's like some weird combination of Fake Jack, Zero and Brick's Blaster tree all rolled into one.

where are you guys seeing these things?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Something leaked, probably to do with it's Twitch Integration:
https://07kczqwdkjxw6la4j92crc5wyumjxa.ext-twitch.tv/07kczqwdkjxw6la4j92crc5wyumjxa/1.0.16/b18ab4b7002da22483d365dd41065ad1/video_overlay.html

after it loads click on the Vault symbol to the left and you can find Zane's skill tree. Pressing 6, 8 and 9 on this page will cycle to Amara/Moze/Fl4k, but the last two trees don't work yet.

also don't click the url link, you have to actually copy/paste the whole thing to make it work.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 30, 2019

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Kerrzhe posted:

where are you guys seeing these things?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/bit9cv/streamable_mirror_for_bl3_gameplay_leak_plus_an/

Using the glitched twitch extension to read skill trees right now.

On a side note love learning all the different ways people search for leaks/scrape/mine.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

whoops, thats not how edit works

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Memelands never died.

Kaustik fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 30, 2019

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Reading the skill trees is getting me really loving excited, also how much splash damage a weapon deals is now written on the card

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I really hope we get the intro with the player character intro cards, cruelty to a Skag and indie rock tomorrow.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
...this game looks good not giving epic a loving dime still but drat that shithead randy can get a good game made.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Gameplay streams (plural I think) in 4 hours.

E: oops, tomorrow

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
supmatto has a vid on zane's skilltrees about 30 minutes he goes over all 3 trees and makes speculation on what is possible based on past weapons. according to zane's builds enemies will be using elemental weapons a lot.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bugsy posted:

give me a jakobs chest that looks like it would give you splinters when its opened

give me a tediore chest that blows up when empty

give me a torgue chest that just explodes into guns

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

give me a jakobs chest that looks like it would give you splinters when its opened

give me a tediore chest that blows up when empty

give me a torgue chest that just explodes into guns

Hyperion chests should have an audio clip of Jack spouting all the corporate nonsense speak which he directed to be the name of all Hyperion guns.

"Center up on this synergy baby!"

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Hyperion chests should have an audio clip of Jack spouting all the corporate nonsense speak which he directed to be the name of all Hyperion guns.

"Center up on this synergy baby!"

Definitely want a lot of marketing smack talk between manufacturers.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

wow that zane barrier tree actually sounds extremely cool, and if i wasn't already dead set on playing amara i'd definitely use him

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kaubocks posted:

if i wasn't already dead set on playing amara i'd definitely use him

She punches people in the face with spooky siren fists. If Brick doesn't pine after her like Tormund does to Brienne then I will be disappointed.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i want to play FL4K and i hope his talents are cool and good also

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

She punches people in the face with spooky siren fists. If Brick doesn't pine after her like Tormund does to Brienne then I will be disappointed.

I wholeheartedly want this. I played brick because explosion punch. if you think amara wasn't set in stone for me...

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

wow that zane barrier tree actually sounds extremely cool, and if i wasn't already dead set on playing amara i'd definitely use him

I was probably going for him abreast but he sounds great. Also cryo confirmed in game.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What do we think the slots will look like for Fl4k and Moze? I'm really hoping for some kind of behavioral modifier for Fl4k's pet/pets. Would make sense with the leak that they were having trouble with the AI on Fl4k's pets too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Id only seen Under Cover when I last posted, Hitman and Doubled Agent look incredible!

Given you pick 2 action skills at a time, I don't see how UC synergizes with the other trees, which seem to be very mobility based. Maybe it's that I'm seeing them as a whole, rather than looking at a profession of separate skill that can work whilst staying behind a shield. It does seem like you can make an effective build using all 3 trees without all of the action skills anyway. I'm excited to play around in it all.

Also was expecting Zane to be English, but "Nanomachines or some shite" suggests Irish. Which I'm sure will be handled sensitively.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Pylons posted:

What do we think the slots will look like for Fl4k and Moze? I'm really hoping for some kind of behavioral modifier for Fl4k's pet/pets. Would make sense with the leak that they were having trouble with the AI on Fl4k's pets too.

I just realized I want the Skag that is inevitably seen in the intro to be adopted by FL4K.

I'm guessing for Moze it will determine the armament on her Mech, we've seen it can vary.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm guessing for Moze it will determine the armament on her Mech, we've seen it can vary.

A safe guess would be a tree focusing on optimizing Moze riding her mech, a tree focusing on optimizing using the mech as a pet, and a tree focused on optimizing personal gunplay with some buffs to allies riding in the mech.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Zane seemed like the dullest class from the announce trailer, but holy poo poo that skill tree

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

AkumaHokoru posted:

...this game looks good not giving epic a loving dime still but drat that shithead randy can get a good game made.

I think Maliwan is actually the major corporation we are fighting this time so that checks out.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Zane seemed like the dullest class from the announce trailer, but holy poo poo that skill tree

Yeah, the active all of your kill skills when you active your digi clone skill seems nutso.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Bugsy posted:

Yeah, the active all of your kill skills when you active your digi clone skill seems nutso.

My barrier shield blows up when it passes through you, then it blows up again when your friends shoot it away because it gains the cryo nova from my regular shield. Then my regular shield goes down and blows up in a cryo nova. Then you die and blow up in a cryo nova. (All done while running very fast with insane bonus damage and recharging all my HP and shields constantly)

:torgue:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I like that it sounds like both your chosen action skills benefit from boosts to AS cool down. I guess skills with "when you kill an enemy with your action skills" apply to all of them as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I think Maliwan is actually the major corporation we are fighting this time so that checks out.

Why would Maliwan be the bad guys? The Cult of the Vault already has their own line of guns.