Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote AA

something about his posting feels off I just can't put my finger on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh I'm just a regular old bus driver, and in a wedding today so if you gotta put me in the dirt that's fine, but it is not I.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Really posting up fast

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
At a photo interlude, IP what about my posts are giving you feels?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Eh I'm just a regular old bus driver, and in a wedding today so if you gotta put me in the dirt that's fine, but it is not I.

congrats to your friend/family!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

At a photo interlude, IP what about my posts are giving you feels?

if I knew I would have said so lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I will say though that a scum self hammer really feels like a way to try and prevent a scumbro from having to vote for them because people tend to look it the votes for a bus (:v:) when scum is voted out, and you and Gulag were the only ones who didn't vote toal that are still alive (with the third being dead town)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

I will say though that a scum self hammer really feels like a way to try and prevent a scumbro from having to vote for them because people tend to look it the votes for a bus (:v:) when scum is voted out, and you and Gulag were the only ones who didn't vote toal that are still alive (with the third being dead town)

I thought mona was scum and bussed them or attempted to because of their interactions with toal. I've been misled

I dont have a read.

I'd say the lowest post count might even be good enough place to start. There can't be more then one more scum imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Alright I'm checking out for the night probably. Ciao

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The discussion seemed muted, as if the racers were growing nervous about all the crashes, and at the end of the day no decision could be made.

The day has ended in a no execute. Night actions may be submitted at this time.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Make sure you submit all night actions to me, not SK

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

(Sorry for the undue delay, had a real rollercoaster [or maybe bus ride????] of a day yesterday)

The race, and the search for the saboteurs, was heating up and tensions were high. The bus drivers returned to the track to resume the race when they noticed one of the buses looked a lot more damaged than it had the day before. Closer inspection revealed severe mechanical damage to the engine compartment...and a dead driver behind the wheel!

Dick Bastardly, Driver of Bus 65, has died N3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, GulagDolls, IcePhoenix, Retro Futurist

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm just pissed I didn't get any vigs last night.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean, we know I'd have shot a town player with it, but drat... anyhow. action success. bussed IP and myself.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Gulag is NOT A BUS DRIVER

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

since we're at 5 remaining I figure I'll let that stew for a bit before voting for Gulag

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Honestly there isn't much to read, and my night actions are bunk soooo....

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yeah i am

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that also makes no sense

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Let's claim buses and numbers now yeah?

Bus #376

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ding dong doodle

##vote Gulag

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

since nobody wants to talk

##vote gulag

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

since nobody wants to talk

##vote gulag

How was your weekend, IP?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##Vote gulag I thought I did this already but oh well

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i died

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hmmm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rip

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

GulagDolls (3): CCKeane, IcePhoenix, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (2): Anomalous Amalgam, GulagDolls

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2019 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
The busses whizzed around and around, faster and faster. Everyone thought that there was no chance that there wouldn't be another crash. Suddenly, someone ran in front of a bus, as if to stop it cold...but this time, their sabotage failed. The bus kept moving, and....splat.

GulagDolls, Scum Roleblocker, died Day 4!

The town has won the game!

I will post more later, but for now I want to thank Mr. Humalong very sincerely for running almost half of this game. I had a serious personal tragedy happen and he jumped right in and ran a reasonably complex setup with no issue. Seriously, thank you.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Setup

Obsdoc

Soaring Kestrel fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 1, 2019

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m not going to lie, the first 3 drivers all picking the same two targets threw me for a complete loop and I had to doublecheck with Pod on how to handle it.

Other than that it was no problem, glad I could help and heck yeah I had a scum pegged minutes into the game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

claiming bus driver in the bus driver mafia game is a bad idea, when there happens to be a guy who can check if youre ab us driver or not, and also cant be killed due to all the bus drivers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have to be honest.

I'm feeling incredibly smug right now.

e: oh my god I even 100% nailed the reason for the self hammer so it wasn't just lucky lmao

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 1, 2019

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

>self voting is good

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
This game was wacky, thanks for running SK/FL and Hum.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a hard time right now SK/FL :( hope everything gets better soon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was fun but IP’s role seemed a touch OP

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

That was fun but IP’s role seemed a touch OP

I think the application this game swung it over pretty strongly. I can easily see two cops counter claiming each other and both getting offed.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
hello! thank you all for playing.

The setup was shamelessly cribbed from one of the possible setups for Campfire Mafia which ran earlier this month, except I changed all the vanilla town to bus drivers, changed the "Neapolitan" (vanilla/PR cop) to a bus driver cop that wasn't affected by bus drives, and added an additional night action to the scum team (each scum player had their own night action & the nightkill was a separate action not tied to a specific player). There was no further rebalancing done.

One improvement would be a way to somehow give the bus driver cop a reason not to claim right away. Probably specifying "immune to bus drives" and not "immune to all redirects" would have been better for obfuscating night results, but I think it treads the line on being too cute with wording to the players, and I do not think it solves the problem of immediate claims due to targeting randomness.

Anyway, thanks again, and once again a huge thanks to Humalong for coming in and keeping the wheels on. I enjoyed writing the setup and hope that you all had fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I also did most of the legwork without the role itself.

Hard to really say in a game with as few posts as this one. I was certainly unsure enough at first that if people were actually talking and playing the game I could have ended up with different targets. But with little to no discussion outside of day 2 all I could really do was just push my own thoughts and hope people went along with them.

I think the two no-lynches probably hurt scum more than my role did.