Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Don't bother keeping anything below 10* unless you want to use it later as a weapon appearance. Eventually you'll start exchanging any 10* or 11* into excubes (late game currency for various things, largely used to buy affix boosters which enables those nutso affix jobs you see on other people) or photon spheres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I hadn't played this in a long time, downloaded PSO2, and patched things up, to log in and... My character is gone? Is there a chance they deleted it while I was inactive?

e: asked in the discord and no one can figure out what happened. I was prompted to enter a Player ID, but I guess I'm starting from scratch again. Oh well :shrug:

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 10:34 on May 1, 2019

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

TheTofuShop posted:

e: asked in the discord and no one can figure out what happened. I was prompted to enter a Player ID, but I guess I'm starting from scratch again. Oh well :shrug:

At least there's enough QOL stuff that will pretty much sky rocket you back to where you were. Minus any cosmetic stuff you had.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I downloaded this last night because I always loved the earlier games and got hit with decision paralysis on character creation. I guess the two big questions I have are:
* Are robots hosed on appearances? Seems like dress up is a big thing in this game.
* How permanent is any stat stuff? If I start as a Braver and would leveling Force as the second class be a dumb idea because now my points/MAGs/whatever are distributed into physical stuff?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Robots can wear all human cosmetics, plus they have a couple of extra robot-specific options.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Oh hell yes. I had gotten the impression they're stuck with "robot-specific" items, and as much as I wanted to be a metal man, I didn't want to miss out on all that fun stuff.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Celebrity Ghost posted:

* How permanent is any stat stuff? If I start as a Braver and would leveling Force as the second class be a dumb idea because now my points/MAGs/whatever are distributed into physical stuff?

Mags are pretty much the only thing keeping you from playing all classes on a single character. You generally want your mag to be maxed out in a single attack stat (or alternatively dexterity if your class is braver, bouncer, or phantom). You do get 3 character slots though, so if you don't wanna shell out the $3 for a new mag on one of your characters you could always make one character for each attack type.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
added a per-class mag suggestion to the classes in the OP

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Thanks for the tips, everyone. I didn't know that the ? symbol changed to a rainbow for higher level drops (still haven't seen one so all of mine have been 7-9 apparently) or you can use shift/ctrl for inventory management. The latter is particularly helpful because you don't have to confirm the quantity if there's more than one in a stack compared to doing it individually. Hard to say how much time I've wasted doing it one-by-one! I also had no idea the recycle shop existed so that's useful for getting excubes and spheres. I have mainly been getting excubes but occasionally I will grab some spheres to get the R-ATK device for my mag. Also very useful to know I can redeem cosmetics on another character rather than unlocking them for my support character.

Because I still had a handful of non-NT weapons in storage, I've locked them in case I wind up getting premium sometime down the road and someone in NolVac wants them for cosmetics. I don't have a list at the moment and they're not particularly exciting, but since they don't drop anymore, someone might be interested...?

What part(s) of the story do I need to complete for the Leontina B certificate? I slogged through all of episode 5 over the past weekend. It was a pain in the rear end because I only ever matched up with anyone else during one quest. Had to do all but one of those castle/burster quests solo. :gonk: Unsurprisingly, the one with another player took no time at all to complete and I finished the others with 2-3 minutes remaining.

Are the additional mag tickets and +10 item pack expansion the two most useful things you can get with AC? Most of the stuff on there looks to be timed to 30/60/90-day increments. I never bought AC previously because Webmoney seemed to have a lot of hoops to jump through, but apparently you can get AC via the Android application now using Google Wallet funds. A couple of mag tickets would let me focus on strike/tech classes and bigger inventory seems very useful since I'm using up a good portion of it with my equipped gear. Not gonna worry about it until I have both gunner and ranger maxed. Does the 16-digit code generated by PSO2es ever change? I'm probably just gonna write it down and throw it in a safe but the last thing I wanna do is find out the code cycles every six months or something and get boned after a factory reset on the phone.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The code changes per device but if you're reinstalling you can just have it email you one also

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The permanent stuff you can get with AC is indeed extra mags and on-hand storage, but also expansions to your character storage.
However if you ever rent an extra storage (though Ex. Storage 1 is now unlockable with star gems so you should probably use that first) there's nothing stopping you from offloading everything into it, and then taking out what you need even after the rental expires.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

What part(s) of the story do I need to complete for the Leontina B certificate?

I looked it up and I was actually wrong. You get it from main arks missions once you get the title for getting to lv75 on two different classes

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

MR. J posted:

The permanent stuff you can get with AC is indeed extra mags and on-hand storage, but also expansions to your character storage.
However if you ever rent an extra storage (though Ex. Storage 1 is now unlockable with star gems so you should probably use that first) there's nothing stopping you from offloading everything into it, and then taking out what you need even after the rental expires.

I wound up adding a one-time password as well as linked my account to PSO2es. Considering I just went from 350 total slots to 650, I should be good as long as I remember to log into PSO2es once a month. There are just so many various currencies from over the episodes and it's daunting trying to figure out which ones are used at which vendors. You have weapons badges from various years, the current event gold chip fragments, excubes, the three photon currencies, several types of rare stones, blue/yellow/orange/green badges, king's crests, conqueror's crests, hero's crests, etc.

Saagonsa posted:

I looked it up and I was actually wrong. You get it from main arks missions once you get the title for getting to lv75 on two different classes

To be fair, I could have looked it up. I've been trying to keep "where is/are ____" questions to myself as I explore and then just try to keep QoL/UI questions in the back of my mind to ask later, but I also wanted to make sure I didn't miss something obvious like "go pick it up from the title rewards vendor, dummy."

Does the game automatically use a my room ticket during a related tutorial or does everyone get to go to a personal mini room now? I'd never been in any rooms besides the NolVac team room prior to ep 6. Maybe it was always the case and I'm just not observant. First thing I did was buy a jukebox and drop a little over a million meseta on music tracks. I also placed a little terminal for summoning support characters but had to take down all of the decorations to be able to set it anywhere. Now I can move it but can't figure out how to pick it back up, so it's a bit of a bummer it requires 3 of 5 slots. Burning Rangers, Station Square, and Escape from the City all provide some solace from

seguimos cantaaaaando
seguimos bailaaaando
es un dia de carnival
lleno de felicidaaaaad

I've enjoyed most of the event lobby music over the years, but this Samba de Amigo track has been haunting me.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah mini rooms are default for everyone. You have to dismiss your support from the pedestal in order to pick it back up. You can send your support on orders from the room panel on the wall without the room item taking up space.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Be a little careful with your support because it will sometimes show up in interupts and, personally, it'd be a bit embarassing to have Dongs SonofDickbutt, Ardeem's Supporter running around. But that's just my opinion.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
lmao that owns

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

seguimos cantaaaaando
seguimos bailaaaando
es un dia de carnival
lleno de felicidaaaaad
Some of my team are Spanish speakers and some of them are very not fond of that song. :laugh:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What, not Man Jackson poledancing on the magic stairway to fight the furious incarnation of Yahweh on top of Yggdrasil because gently caress your mythology?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
There's a reason people end up calling this a dress-up game. I think pure confusion fits better.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

PSO2 is full of lewd and stupid. :iia:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Molestationary Store posted:

PSO2 is full of lewd and stupid. :iia:
yep

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
PP is stored in the daruma, apparently

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Relaxing before eating a million lasers from the armada:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
It should be said that the new Emergency Quest is pretty good, I'm liking Episode 6 a lot more than EP5 so far.

In a nutshell:

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

MR. J posted:

Relaxing before eating a million lasers from the armada:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

things you didn't expect from e3

Professor_Dog
Mar 6, 2012

Finally

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
i'm losing my poo poo here

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

At long long long long last.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
So, uh, is there a chance they region lock the Japanese version now?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
"But you've been able to play it for ages! In English, to boot!" is going to be a common discussion point going forward.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kessel posted:

things you didn't expect from e3

I mean, seriously, man. I had to do a double take when that trailer started playing. "Wait, this is PSO. Can't be..."

Also managed to be the hypest thing they have shown other than Keanu Reeves.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I screamed and giggled like a schoolgirl.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1137839106342445056

Come on.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
So I was just thinking about getting into this, but since it's now officially going to have an English release, I'm not sure if I should go through all the downloading and patching or if I should just wait. Does anyone think it'd be worth investing into now?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Hello is this where I become anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

throw to first drat IT posted:

Hello is this where I become anime?

Yes, brother, you have found the right place.